Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
A Real Predicament

photo 97cef0a4-97fb-41ae-bea7-261466db5c7c_zpsb613af74.jpg

Percy's Predicament is a balance based platformer similar to Super Monkey Ball, but does it live up the the standards set by SEGA's semi-popular series or should it be avoided? Find out by reading the rest of the review!

Gameplay And Controls:

The gameplay in Percy's Predicament is a 3D platformer that will test your balance and eye hand coordination and plays similarly to Super Monkey Ball, but it's a good deal more difficult than Super Monkey Ball. The stages are brilliantly designed and are riddled with many traps and obstacles that will test your skills. The game's 80+ courses start off easy, but quickly get difficult and you are given very limited time to finish each level which can become extremely stressful.

The object of the game is to collect all of the fish in each level and reach the teleportation device located in the level to beat each stage! The only serious issue with this game is the camera control which makes it almost impossible to cross the narrow bridges due to the lack of a camera centering feature and is the cause of a great deal of stress which is a big problem that hopefully will be addressed in a future update to the game. The rest of the controls are quite responsive and are easy to learn, but it doesn't make up for the terrible camera control.

photo a125afd6-f3d8-473c-a459-912141cddb9f_zps4e7d743c.jpg

Graphics And Sounds:

The graphics in Percy's Predicament are decent enough with decent 3D models, good draw distance, and the lack of jaggies. On the downside the levels recycle alot of the object models of earlier ones making the later levels feel a little less inspiring, but overall it is just a minor complaint.

The sound effects are quite simple, but work really well with the game and the music is subtle yet very fitting for the game so overall the presentation of the game is fairly solid.

photo a200e607-6d95-4af8-b417-c25a947125a7_zps7c2918ae.jpg

Bottom-Line:

With good gameplay and brilliant level designs Percy's Predicament has potential to be a great game and it's graphics and music a fairy good as well, however the terrible camera control in this game makes Percy's Predicament too stressful to properly enjoy so until these issues are properly addressed the game is not as highly recommended as it would be. Still if you can get past the issues Percy's Predicament can be an enjoyable experience!

Score: 6/10

Last edited by Ichigofan on February 11th 2016, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Review: Percy's Predicament (Wii U eShop) 19654

Review: Percy's Predicament (Wii U eShop) 87457210

Review: Percy's Predicament (Wii U eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
February 12th 2014, 12:43 pmGuest
The camera is very bad so I quit mid game. Sad
NINTENBRO
February 12th 2014, 11:41 pmNINTENBRO
I seriously had no knowledge of this game, until it was released the other day.
Anonymous
February 13th 2014, 1:01 amGuest
I just noticed a few typos.

it's graphics and music a fairy good as well,

^ I laughed so hard when I read that typo! I love you
Marioman18
April 14th 2014, 11:19 amMarioman18
Kushina wrote:I just noticed a few typos.

it's graphics and music a fairy good as well,

^ I laughed so hard when I read that typo! I love you
It is still there lol. Brilliant review otherwise though! victory
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)