Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Absolutely Breathtaking!

photo 87_zps3b58dc08.jpg

Trine 2: Director's cut is a puzzle platforming title that is as gorgeous as it is difficult, but is the game as enjoyable as it is beautiful? Keep reading to find out!

photo 88_zps273a0e79.jpg

Gameplay, Story, And Controls:

Trine 2 is a tough as nails platformer with a major emphasis on puzzle solving the game features three characters with different abilities to help you solve the puzzles in the game, but some puzzles require abilities gained from the skill tree. You gain skill points by fighting battles and leveling up.

The game is long and features more than 20 lengthy levels that start off easy, but quickly become very difficult. The puzzles are not always easy to solve even with the hint system expect to get stumped alot. Even though the game can be extremely difficult it is a very fun experience so you will likely want to keep trying even if you do get stuck in the game.

The story is not a major part of the game, but you basically must save the world as the three heroes chosen by an artifact known as the Trine.

The button mapping is a little awkward, but is easy enough to ajust to so it's not a major issue.

The game will likely take first time players over 25 hours to beat and that's not including the unlockable stages either! Trine 2 also features online co-op that utilizes the microphone on the Gamepad to chat with other players while playing with them online!

photo 90_zps54ff6a5e.jpg

Graphics And Sounds:

The graphics in the game look as good as most retail Wii U games and really showcase the true power of the Wii U with lush landscapes, gorgeous creatures and characters that are both unique and detailed, as well as incredible special effects that are a sight to behold!

The Medieval music in the game is exceptionally good and fits the tone of the game very well, and the sound effects and voice overs are done very well and never get annoying.

photo 91_zps1ce813f0.jpg

Bottom-Line:

With great, yet challenging gameplay, gorgeous graphics, and great medieval music the game is something we recommend to all Wii U owners though the awkward controls prevent this game from receiving a perfect score.

Score: 8.9/10

Last edited by Ichigofan on February 11th 2016, 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Review: Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U eShop) 19654

Review: Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U eShop) 87457210

Review: Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

gamerace
September 27th 2013, 6:31 amgamerace
Funny I just got this game too (PC)

It is gorgeous.
KeAfan7
September 27th 2013, 12:20 pmKeAfan7
I'm finishing up this review today. Wink
gamerace
September 28th 2013, 5:14 amgamerace
Nice review!

I'm looking forward to getting a chance to play through it.
MetroidBlaster
September 28th 2013, 11:59 amMetroidBlaster
Great review. Review: Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U eShop) 631737971
Elza
September 28th 2013, 1:08 pmElza
This game is fun, yet really difficult. The only thing that is disappointing is how few people play online in the game.
I still have not beaten Trine 2 yet.
Retro Gamer
September 28th 2013, 1:45 pmRetro Gamer
I still need to beat the Goblin stages in any event this is a good review @Rukiafan.
Staroceancrazy
September 28th 2013, 3:41 pmStaroceancrazy
This game has awesome graphics I'd say it looks better than New Super Mario Bros. U, but it isn't nearly as fun as NSMBU
Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 29th 2013, 2:31 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review. Smile
Anonymous
September 29th 2013, 5:33 pmGuest
This is such a beautiful review @Rukiafan! I love you
Ganondorfthewicked
September 30th 2013, 4:20 pmGanondorfthewicked
This game was a beast to beat no doubt the most challenging game available on the Wii U eshop.
ToughGamer
October 1st 2013, 3:26 pmToughGamer
I will be downloading this sometime soon.
FuManchu
October 2nd 2013, 2:15 pmFuManchu
I was not a fan of this game, but I do see the appeal. Good review.
ShanaNoShakugan
October 3rd 2013, 2:21 pmShanaNoShakugan
Review good so is game! Smile
Himawari Chan
October 3rd 2013, 2:50 pmHimawari Chan
Very nice review Rukiafan. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)