Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
No Relation To Satoru Iwata

photo gamestop-wii-u-538x640_zps9093c10a.jpg

Apache Junction Gamestop employee Chris Iwata agreed to tell us about the current state of the Wii U and what will be happening as far as Wii consoles and games are concerned.

So far how have sales been for the Wii U and its games?

Chris Iwata: Not good at all, as you can see there isn't much of a selection of games for the console and sales have been awful, the only super popular game on the console "Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate" is always out of stock and we've had difficulties obtaining more copies to sell.

What about Wii consoles and titles? How are they selling?

Chris Iwata: Much better than the Wii U on both fronts, however as the saying goes "all good things must come to an end" and the Wii is doing just that, all of our Arizona locations and most locations across the US will stop accepting game and console trade-ins starting on June 1st and we will stop selling Wii hardware and titles on July 1st of this year.

Thanks for letting us know these details we will be sure to let our fans know about this!

Chris Iwata: No problem, it was a pleasure talking with you. Take care!

Update!

We have learned that the Wii question was answered in an untrue fashion as several Gamestop employees at Facebook have let us know that this is completely untrue. We apologize for the misinformation and will gift all members 100 coins as our apology to you!

Last edited by Rukiafan on May 24th 2013, 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Interview: Gamestop Employee Tells Us That Wii Games Will Stop Being Sold On July 1st! 19654

Interview: Gamestop Employee Tells Us That Wii Games Will Stop Being Sold On July 1st! 87457210

Interview: Gamestop Employee Tells Us That Wii Games Will Stop Being Sold On July 1st! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Tasuki
So what if you need more Wiimotes for your Wii U? I guess you will have to go somewhere else other than Gamestop.
KeAfan7
There are Wii U brand Wii motes available that will still be around. Wink
FuManchu
You did a great job on your first field interview dude!
KeAfan7
This article has been updated based on new information we have received. Wink
NINTENBRO
Wow! That guy seems like an *******! Why would he lie about something so silly, when he knew you were going to publish the information on the internet. That's something an ******* does, if you were to ask me. Very Happy
Tails86
I'm not gonna lie.. Seeing this actually surprised me ALOT. Looks like i'm gonna have to find several Wii Games for a decent price. and Hold on to the current Wii Games I have. I know i'll never part with my Magnificent 3 (haha Futurama joke too LOL) Pandora's Tower Xenoblade and Last Story. Maybe i can find some copys of Wii Games for cheap. I hope I can..
RyanNerdyGamer
Even though the statement was false, it does show that the Wii won't remain on shelves forever. Maybe now's the time to consider filling the gaps in my collection...
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)