Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
For the Nintendo Wii U, both digital and in retail

Review: Nintendo Land (Wii U Retail) UJlGnQ06P-O2HvlFqYViPpmw-sb3y5JW

Developed and Produced by Nintendo
1-5 Players
Genre: Party Game

Welcome to Nintendo Land, a launch title that is included free on every Wii U Deluxe Set, where Miis around the world gather to embrace upon Nintendo’s new generation of entertainment.  A virtual theme park, containing 12 identifiable attractions that fully uses the Wii U GamePad with the amount of depth that will surely bring you back.

Gameplay

When loading up Nintendo Land for the first time, you’ll be introduce to a new Nintendo character. Monita, a one-arm floating monitor, is a tour guide for the Central Tower and attains in every Attraction with you who delightfully speaks every dialogue on screen for you. The Central Tower is the hub and where the full capacity of Miiverse (first software update) takes place. At the top of the tower, tap on the GamePad, is a pachinko minigame where you use coins from attractions to unlock decorations to place on the Central Tower. Eventually, Miis from your region will arrive in the Central Tower in real time, reading their recent post and view their progress. Miiverse is even a “Where’s Waldo” minigame where the Miis with specific in-game achievements you want to search for from the left side of the screen and tapping them will  gain you coins. Getting on a train will take you to a competitive rounds from selectable attractions for all types, making your least favorite single player attractions more enjoyable with spectators waiting their turn.

The attractions are where the real gameplay of Nintendo Land located. There are hits and misses that would depend on your personal interest; however, you’ll easily explore every attraction more than once thanks to the Stamp and Condition goals. Stamps are accomplishing goals in game that are present for a player who is using the GamePad as well as when using the Wiimote. Conditions are part of the three cooperative attractions, the most depth than the rest, and they’re for you to Master the previous beaten stages in difficult rule sets.

There are surprises to discover on every attraction. When playing Mario Chase in 2-players, the lonely toad is teaming up with two mechanical Yoshis, even Monita joins the fun with their vicious long tongue to stun Mario who is viewing the whole map on the GamePad. Being Mario in Mario Chase in 2-player mode is actually more intense than with 5 players on board.

Review: Nintendo Land (Wii U Retail) CSbUvTf4Cci-YT4TXLMZc7_R5q10Q8US

Presentation

If this is the first HD game you ever purchase, then you’ll easily be amaze with the visuals.  For those who are HD viewing veterans, you’ll still be please in Nintendo’s effort by keeping the familiar traits expect in gorgeous HD resolution. The Miis are blossomy, full-body, design with more personality than ever before in addition to Miiverse and their welcoming cosplaying affection. The soundtrack, just like in Central Tower, is an acceptable waiting room whole of positive joy and the soundtrack from the attractions are true familiar joy of their respective franchises.

Not every day in Nintendo Land ends with a smile. Unfortunately, I (some report from other owners) encounter system freeze twice while playing Nintendo Land. It’s not conform yet, it’s a possibility that there will be an update that could fix this issue next week.

Conclusion

Nintendo Land is an almost perfect launch title for Wii U. As long as Nintendo Land continues on bringing more software updates in the future, maybe a Pokemon attraction where a Mii dress up as Pikachu, The theme park will be popular for years to come. While I do think the select number of stages in competitive attractions are small, Nintendo Land has a long lasting appeal in treasured multiplayer.

8.6 / 10 Wii U points

8 = Great - This is a great game that might have a few flaws or could have been better, but is still a game we highly recommend!

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
November 23rd 2012, 3:29 pmKokorOtaku
I love it, but I wish I could move it from the disc to a digital file (same with all my wii games) this seems like a perfect DL
Anonymous
November 23rd 2012, 3:45 pmGuest
Beautiful review SkywardL! I love you
KokorOtaku
November 23rd 2012, 6:38 pmKokorOtaku
I wanna try to get all 80 stamps
Staroceancrazy
December 3rd 2012, 12:15 pmStaroceancrazy
Awesome review SkywardL! Very Happy
KingreX32
December 4th 2012, 8:24 amKingreX32
I really need to play this more.
NINTENBRO
December 4th 2012, 3:38 pmNINTENBRO
KingreX32 wrote:I really need to play this more.

I would think so KingreX32. You did pay $350 + for your Elite package, didn't you?
Aqua Cherry Blossom
December 6th 2012, 1:02 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
This game is fun, but not a console seller.
sdw4527
December 17th 2012, 6:23 pmsdw4527
Really good launch game. There's a ton of replay value in the co-op games alone (not to mention how hard the later levels are). It's also a great game for multiplayer. Nintendo really put a lot of time into this one.
Tasuki
December 25th 2012, 11:38 pmTasuki
Great review.

I finally got a chance to play this game today and I have to say I haven't enjoyed a pack in game like this since Super Mario World. Yeah I know thats kinda unfair to say that since before Wii Sports that was the last pack in game.

Where as Wii Sports felt like more of a demo to show off the capabilities of the Wii, this feels like a full fledged game. This game along makes it almost worth it to get a deluxe bundle over the basic bundle.

This one is going to keep me busy for awhile.
Marth
January 1st 2013, 11:35 amMarth
Wasn't able to find the Deluxe bundle around launch time, so I settled for no Nintendo Land and the white console. That seems to have been a bad move since many sites (and now this one) are singing it praises.
KeAfan7
January 1st 2013, 11:46 amKeAfan7
It's a good game, but the game might become a stand-alone title like Wii Sports was later in the Wii's life-cycle. Wink
KingreX32
January 1st 2013, 5:56 pmKingreX32
it already is.
Marth
January 1st 2013, 6:00 pmMarth
Yeah, it launched separately alongside the two system models. Unlike Wii Sports, though, it retails for the whole $59.99. I can see why people might be less willing to pick it up.
KeAfan7
January 1st 2013, 7:09 pmKeAfan7
Oh wow that's expensive for a game like Nintendo Land. pale
KingreX32
January 2nd 2013, 8:25 amKingreX32
indeed, im not saying its a bad game, but 60 bucks, way too expensive.
Biorn the Viking
January 2nd 2013, 3:26 pmBiorn the Viking
Nice review SkywardL. Really disappointed to hear you and several others are experiencing freezing issues. Hopefully Nintendo will fix this as soon as possible to minimize frustration to existing and new owners of the console.
ZezHylia
October 18th 2013, 7:51 pmZezHylia
This game has so many features and attractions that it never gets boring. Very Happy
Amufungal
October 23rd 2013, 2:34 pmAmufungal
Where did SkywardL go?
I miss his reviews Sad
Ms_Kinomoto
October 30th 2013, 12:30 pmMs_Kinomoto
Um....this is so much fun to play with family. Smile
TheGingerDoctor
June 3rd 2016, 5:58 pmTheGingerDoctor
I really need to get this game again...
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum