Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
*Update* Wii to Wii U transfer tool now available A780KE2CYAEy7ds

Now available from the Wii Shop Channel, you can download the Wii U transfer tool channel. To transfer tour Wii downloadable games and your Wii Shop account to the Wii U system, you must first own the Wii U system and an SD card for that system.

Another important note that was reveal before downloading the tool is that the content on the Wii SD card will not transfer to the Wii U SD card. Fortunately, redownloading all of your previous purchases from the Wii Shop Channel is still possible on Wii U.

Here's a video about this software from KingreX32 himself!

Remember to do a Wii U system update first.

Last edited by SkywardL on November 17th 2012, 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
November 17th 2012, 8:06 pmKokorOtaku
I just got it (yeah I fixed my wii for 5 minutes... Hopefully it can be fixed again though because it's acting up still)
NINTENBRO
November 17th 2012, 8:16 pmNINTENBRO
Wait a minute here. If it's not possible to transfer games directly from the SD card, what if you have a lot of games on your SD card? Couldn't someone just sell their old Wii console with all of the games still on the SD card, or does transfering your WiiShop account to the WiiU render those games unplayable?
KingreX32
November 17th 2012, 8:38 pmKingreX32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNoVv6jdgJ0

I made a vid about the channel. Check it out here.
Komicturtle
November 17th 2012, 9:29 pmKomicturtle
Wow... My Wii must be real old and dying since it doesn't jump from page to page quickly as seen in your video. It even struggles buffering videos in Nintendo Channel. Poor Wii. Can't wait for my WiiU.
KingreX32
November 17th 2012, 10:27 pmKingreX32
youve probably got alot of games saved on there from the VC. Right?
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
November 18th 2012, 3:29 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
....the transfer took nearly 2 hours to finish. Surprised
RyanNerdyGamer
November 18th 2012, 4:10 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Wait wait wait...if none of the content is transferrable to the Wii U's SD Card, doesn't that mean you can't transfer save data either?! You have to start all your VC games from scratch?! Surprised

GamerZack put so much effort into his VC games! If the save data won't carry over when he gets his Wii U... Crying or Very sad
KokorOtaku
November 18th 2012, 9:06 pmKokorOtaku
@zack yes from my experience that's how it has happened, but I HAD to transfer otherwise I would've wasted $$ on a ton of VC
KingreX32
November 19th 2012, 10:42 amKingreX32
im planning on doing this transfer thing when I get home.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)