Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Chinese WiiU GamePad Knock off

Written byKingreX32

The Chinese are famous for many things, their rich culture, storied history, and the fact that they usually live longer than anyone else. But if there is anything that they are the most well known for it’s their Ripoffs.

At First Chinese Ripoffs used to be awful, they didn’t last long and broke real easy. Over the years though they have been getting more and more complex and indistinguishable from the real thing, like this Fake Chinese Apple Store.

Chinese WiiU GamePad Knock off FakeChineseAppleStore2
Seems legit

Chinese WiiU GamePad Knock off FakeChineseAppleStore

I kid you not, that’s not a real Apple Store. It’s a Fake, don’t believe me? Read this.

So the other day when I was on Twitter and came across a tweet stating of a Chinese rip off of the WiiU Tablet I wasn’t Surprised.

Chinese WiiU GamePad Knock off WiiUGamepadRipoff

What did surprise me was that they were ripping off a console not even out yet and the Quality. I know basing my presumptions on a picture is not the best thing, but when you look at this thing it looks…….like it won’t break with in five minutes of buying it. It looks like a legit entry level poor mans tablet.

The tablet is made by a company called Jin Xing, it is called the JXD S5100, it Uses Android 2.3.4 as its OS, it features a 7-inch 800×480-pixel capacitive touchscreen, motion sensors, a camera and will be Avaliable in Black And White. It apparently also has HDMI output, Wi-fi and 4G. One of these great specimens will set you back $110 Dollars. Like the “real” WiiU no release date has been announced by the Company. These people are dedicated, I will give them that.

What I don’t understand is, a few design tweaks and this company could have a super awesome product on their hands. Why blatantly design it to look like the Gamepad. If there is anything that puzzles me its that.

As amusing as this is, I honestly, honestly would buy one of these if I saw it in the Store. Why go out and but a $700 Ipad when I can have a basic tablet that runs android (My favorite Operating System) for less than a 3DS. Frown upon me if you will. I’d buy one.

Video

Sources WiiUgo, and Dino Direct Wholesale

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Chinese WiiU GamePad Knock off Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
August 13th 2012, 10:01 amKokorOtaku
Sigh... This remindes me of Chinese knock off toys I find on some of my favorite anime toys, they arnt fooling me though, especially with my anime toys which have 4 fingers.... Neutral
SkywardL
August 13th 2012, 10:05 amSkywardL
@KingreX32 I edit and all fix Smile
gamerace
August 13th 2012, 10:18 amgamerace
OMG - That's brilliant.

I'm ashamed to say it, but I'd buy this over a WiiU. Especially if it plays N64 games(and classic Lara, love Tomb Raider)

Thanks to Ouya, there should be a ton of Android games coming out that will support analog/buttons too.

In fact this is better than Ouya, because this is portable! Does it allow TV streaming like a proper WiiU knock-off should?

If I had the resources I'd import, translate and resell these myself. $$$
Clαππαd
August 13th 2012, 12:03 pmClαππαd
Looks good, but are these accessories even legal?
gamerace
August 13th 2012, 1:15 pmgamerace
Clαππαd wrote:Looks good, but are these accessories even legal?

It appears to be a WiiU in appearance only. It's really a Android device (like Ouya)http://techland.time.com/2012/08/13/ouya-what-we-know-and-dont-know-so-far/ with some old games running on a virtual console (which is probably copyright infrigement)
KingreX32
August 14th 2012, 6:03 amKingreX32
i wonder if its gonna come to canada. I could drop by pacific mall and pick myself up one of these.
gamerace
August 14th 2012, 8:03 amgamerace
KingreX32 wrote:i wonder if its gonna come to canada. I could drop by pacific mall and pick myself up one of these.

Pacific mall? Where abouts in Toronto are you?
KingreX32
August 14th 2012, 8:21 amKingreX32
i live in mississauga. But i visit toronto regularly. My sister and a feew friends live there.
gamerace
August 14th 2012, 8:24 amgamerace
I'm right in Toronto myself. Maybe we'll hook up sometime.
KingreX32
August 14th 2012, 3:59 pmKingreX32
that would be cool.
TheGingerDoctor
August 14th 2012, 4:02 pmTheGingerDoctor
Is it just me, or does that thing look like a combination of the bottom half of a regular DSi and the bottom half of a 3DS? Neutral
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)