Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jnes5
Jnes5
Kid Icarus: Uprising had a PC and Wii beginning ! KIU2

Well this is surprising !

During a moment on the latest segment of Iwata Asks for Kid Icarus: Uprising, the game's director and developer, Masahiro Sakurai, has stated that even though this game was planned to being released on the 3DS, there was no dev. kit yet back in 2008.

So instead, they've made prototypes on the PC ! and then later on the Wii ! meaning that they've developed this game for about 4 years ! and no wonder some critics called this game like a "Full Console Game" experience !

In fact, check out some of the prototype footage here !:

Click here if you can't see the video in here

But what do you think ? would it have been awesome that this game was being released on the Wii or even PC ?

Source: NintendoWorldReport

Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

NINTENBRO
I really don't understand why they didn't just finish developing Kid Icarus: Uprising for both the Wii and 3DS consoles. There are still many Nintendo fans who don't own a 3DS yet, and the Wii console already has a really wide customer base to appeal to. Kid Icarus: Uprising could have been another Wii console masterpiece alongside Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, TLoZ: Skyward Sword and Xenoblade Chronicles. Oh well...
PhoenixSage
March 29th 2012, 11:35 amPhoenixSage
In this case why didn't Nintendo release Kid Icarus Uprising on the Wii too? It's not like its specs are too high since the game was pretty much crafted with the Wii development kits, and just given a 3D make over on the 3DS kits....
The game would have made make bigger profits and the extra cost would have been minimal Neutral
This was a huge missed opportunity on Nintendos part D:
KeAfan7
I agree with the other comments surely it would've been easy enough to have a Wii version too, not to mention very cheap considering the circumstances. Neutral
KingreX32
It would have been super cool to have a Wii version. AND they probably would have make a ton more money if they did.
Grumblevolcano
March 29th 2012, 1:16 pmGrumblevolcano
How interesting!
Aqua Cherry Blossom
March 29th 2012, 1:38 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Stinkerbri wrote:I agree with the other comments surely it would've been easy enough to have a Wii version too, not to mention very cheap considering the circumstances. Neutral
I guess Nintendo doesn't like money lol? Razz
KingreX32
Eureka wrote:
I guess Nintendo doesn't like money lol? Razz[/quote]

LOL Yeah OK.....Sure Rolling Eyes
DigiDestined
March 29th 2012, 2:14 pmDigiDestined
@KingreX32 I believe she was being sarcastic Rolling Eyes
KingreX32
yeah so was I
KeAfan7
Lol. Laughing
NINTENBRO
Oh, you guys. Razz
Gekkouga-Senpai
March 29th 2012, 2:56 pmGekkouga-Senpai
Kid Icarus Uprising on Wii would have been an insta-purchase for me. Sad
Staroceancrazy
March 29th 2012, 7:38 pmStaroceancrazy
Not releasing Kid Icarus Uprising was a fail for Nintendo Neutral
Marth
If there was a Wii version, I honestly would have went out and bought it day one. I'll probably get Uprising some day, but it's not high on my list.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)