Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Marioman18
Marioman18

The GPU chip in my faithful old Famicom import died Empty The GPU chip in my faithful old Famicom import died

March 20th 2012, 3:58 pm
My Japanese Famicom's GPU processor is fried should I have it repaired or import a new one?

The GPU chip in my faithful old Famicom import died Pbucket
Marth
Marth

The GPU chip in my faithful old Famicom import died Empty Re: The GPU chip in my faithful old Famicom import died

March 20th 2012, 4:18 pm
You might be better off just buying a new one rather than endure the hassle of getting a system repaired (that's never worked for me personally, they end up conking out shortly after being "repaired"). A quick search through eBay says they shouldn't be too expensive compared to getting one fixed.

Alternatively, you could buy one of those clone systems (which are perfectly legal, by the way) but I'm not sure about compatibility. There are some really interesting ones with support for multiple systems and regions.

The GPU chip in my faithful old Famicom import died Empty Re: The GPU chip in my faithful old Famicom import died

March 20th 2012, 7:20 pm
Yoshi wrote:You might be better off just buying a new one rather than endure the hassle of getting a system repaired (that's never worked for me personally, they end up conking out shortly after being "repaired"). A quick search through eBay says they shouldn't be too expensive compared to getting one fixed.

Alternatively, you could buy one of those clone systems (which are perfectly legal, by the way) but I'm not sure about compatibility. There are some really interesting ones with support for multiple systems and regions.
Like SupaBoy for instance Very Happy

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)