Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Jnes5
Jnes5
RUMOR: Is the Wii U going to be compatible with Unreal Engine 4 ? 222795-u3

It looks like not only Nintendo is keeping up with the current HD generation with it's upcoming home console... but they want to take another step further !

There are inside sources according to Neogaf stating that Nintendo is tweaking the upcoming Wii U console to not only be compatible with the Unreal Engine 3, but also the upcoming Unreal Engine 4, and that they are still adding more specs with every single dev kit.

Now, here's an image showing the maximum capabilities the Unreal Engine 3 can do:
RUMOR: Is the Wii U going to be compatible with Unreal Engine 4 ? Unreal12
If this looks pretty to you, then imagine what the Unreal Engine 4 would do !

If this is true, then Nintendo did another great move when talking about keeping up with the HD generation of consoles !

But what do you think ? do you think this might be true or not ?

Source: GoNintendo

Last edited by Jnes5 on March 10th 2012, 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
That would be one impressive piece of hardware, especially if its $299.99 rumoured price tag is true. Very Happy
@Jnes5 the second pic is broken. Neutral
Jnes5
Rukiafan wrote:@Jnes5 the second pic is broken. Neutral

Huh ? but I can see it just fine...

I guess I'll have to change it then...
ShanaNoShakugan
How much realistic will games get? Surprised
Amufungal
ShanaNoShakugan wrote:How much realistic will games get? Surprised
The sky is the limit Smile
KingreX32
The thing can run Crysis 2, CryEngine 3 can Work on this console. This News As good as it is Does not surprise me.

https://www.wiiwarewave.com/t926-crytek-praises-wii-u-specs
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)