Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
posted by: Josh Garibay

Wii U to Only Cost $299? WiiUScreen

WiiU Daily — those responsible for providing the rumored Wii U specs — have another piece of Wii U information for us. According to their report, the Wii U will be competitively priced at $299 in the US.

They were also kind enough to divulge the price points for other territories. Europe will see it debut at €299 and those living in Japan will have to pay ¥ 20,000.

The price speculation rumors stopped at hardware. So far there have been no reports stating a price for Wii U software. With Nintendo keeping their hardware priced competitively, they’ll most likely stick with the suggested retail price for most games which is $59.99. If they really want to give gamers a reason to grab their console before Microsoft and Sony release their next systems, then dropping the software price to $49.99 would be great incentive. However, I believe this is just wishful thinking.

I’m sure E3 will confirm/reveal all of this information and more.

Source
If this is true then, nintendois in a strong position when this console lanches. I dread to see the prices of the other guys when they finally release thiers. Thoughts?

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Wii U to Only Cost $299? Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

pinkiepie
March 1st 2012, 10:38 ampinkiepie
well hope there are some good games to make it worth paying that much for. pplleeeeassseee star fox for wii u!!!
KeAfan7
March 1st 2012, 11:57 amKeAfan7
What?! I might be able to afford a Wii U in the the next couple years if this is true. Very Happy
Warlock in love
March 1st 2012, 1:29 pmWarlock in love
Only €300? Surprised
I going to get at christmas!
NINTENBRO
March 1st 2012, 2:24 pmNINTENBRO
Wow! If this is true, then Nintendo actually will be selling the console at a loss. If they're planning to sell the WiiU at a loss, then I doubt software titles will be any less than $59.99 each.
Marth
March 1st 2012, 4:31 pmMarth
$299.99 seems like a solid, competitive price. I can definitely afford that since I just threw down the same amount for a handheld system. As WiiAboutU said, though, I'm more concerned about software prices and such.

...assuming this is true of course. I'll watch it be announced as like $499 or something. Razz
KingreX32
March 1st 2012, 6:30 pmKingreX32
I really hope this is true.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)