Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Mario Kart: Double Dash is a dramatic leap forward from Mario Kart 64 as several flaws have been fixed!

Gameplay
Race tag team style across 16 colorful and detailed new courses while fighting off the competition with tons of new power-ups including character specific items! The first improvement you'll notice in this game is it's A.I. It has been vastly improved from Mario Kart 64 as the CPU characters aren't ridiculously easy or cheap and they use items appropriately!

Speaking of items,new to the series is the character specific items such as Yoshi and Birdos' egg item or Bowsers' giant spiky shell just to name a few! Which brings me to the third new feature, the tag team racing. All races are done in tag team style where you select 2 characters and one drives while the other uses items. It's quite a unique change for the series!

Graphics and Music
The graphics in this game are far more detailed than they were in Mario Kart 64 as the courses and characters are far more detailed and the traps and hazards are very cool looking. For example, lava looks real in Bowsers Castle and tons of furniture shifts back and forth in Daisy's Cruiser, just to name a couple!

The soundtrack is superb and fits the game well. However the voice overs and sound effects are a bit scratchy and annoying so it could be better.

Bottom line: Double Dash is a great game that has better A.I. than its predecessors, new character specific items, tag team racing and vastly improved graphics from what was seen in Mario Kart 64. It has a great soundtrack as well!

It's a must have game for any Mario or Kart racing fan. You can find it for $15-$20 in most retro game stores, so it's most certainly worth its price!

Score Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 9/10

9- Awesome This game has little in the way of flaws, and is a highly enjoyable experience.
Attachments
Mario Kart: Double Dash Attachment
110703_mario10_thumb_ign.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(9 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Rukiafan on June 25th 2011, 9:41 pm; edited 3 times in total

Mario Kart: Double Dash 19654

Mario Kart: Double Dash 87457210

Mario Kart: Double Dash Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

ShounenMania
May 4th 2011, 2:30 pmShounenMania
Your review isn't as good as some of your other ones,but I think you accurately pointed out most of the key features,and I wholeheartedly agree with the score you gave this game Smile
Sneaker
May 4th 2011, 3:00 pmSneaker
In my opinion this is by far the very best Mario Kart game in the series. I absolutely love this game. Can't wait for the 3DS Mario Kart.
KingreX32
May 5th 2011, 4:59 pmKingreX32
all this game need is online support and it would be godly. Double dash is my favorite of the mario kart series.
Andy
August 13th 2011, 1:24 pmAndy
Sneaker wrote:In my opinion this is by far the very best Mario Kart game in the series. I absolutely love this game. Can't wait for the 3DS Mario Kart.

I agree with you. In my opinion, i think the 3DS will be the best now because of it's 3D feature.
Warlock in love
August 13th 2011, 1:27 pmWarlock in love
The underwater races in the 3ds mariokart game look good Very Happy

Doubledash is funnest game in the serie!
Andy
August 13th 2011, 1:31 pmAndy
I beleive The 3DS marioKart will be out in december. Check out the website below.
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/59JiheYMlzjHqlmUHkP5ESn3QOUHqyOq

Sneaker
August 13th 2011, 2:50 pmSneaker
Teapot wrote:
Sneaker wrote:In my opinion this is by far the very best Mario Kart game in the series. I absolutely love this game. Can't wait for the 3DS Mario Kart.

I agree with you. In my opinion, i think the 3DS will be the best now because of it's 3D feature.
The 3D effect isn't going to make this the best game in the series. So far, the 3D is a nice addition, but nothing that makes or brakes a game (from what I've seen so far).
H_Bogart32
August 13th 2011, 3:00 pmH_Bogart32
I did hear you could discover shortcuts only in 3d mode on Mariokart 7 as it's going to be called =D
Sneaker
August 13th 2011, 3:18 pmSneaker
Hmm, that might be interesting.
Andy
August 13th 2011, 3:22 pmAndy
so you say...
FuManchu
August 13th 2011, 3:25 pmFuManchu
It sounds like a bad idea given the fact that 3d graphics are known to hurt peoples eyes Sad
Andy
August 13th 2011, 3:28 pmAndy
With that, theres really no point in buying one.
Sneaker
August 13th 2011, 5:43 pmSneaker
I honestly have never any eye problems with 3D on the 3DS. And I've been playing games on it for hours with 3D fully on.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)