Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer

How long will Nintendo keep the DS going?

+7
NINTENBRO
Elza
Marth
Grumblevolcano
Megatron2000
KingreX32
Himawari Chan
11 posters
Go down
Himawari Chan
Himawari Chan

How long will Nintendo keep the DS going? Empty How long will Nintendo keep the DS going?

October 5th 2011, 3:56 pm
Since the 3DS has been out for a while, I was beginning to think of when Nintendo will cut there DS Line, I personally now think it won't be for another 6-8 months at least, since the DSi XL is getting a new color, plus the
DS has a pretty good Christmas Line-Up: (Professor Layton: The Last Spectator, Kirby Mass Attack, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2) and even already a game coming in Q1 2012 (Super Fossil Fighters). Also the DS may last the whole 8th Generation like the PS2, since the DS is the 2nd Best Selling Consol of all time, and maybe the Big N's is to make it the 1st's? Also the DS is still selling fairly well, so it would be a bad descision to discontinue it now. If anything, I do think they will cancel the DS Lite first, since there dirt cheap now. (Only $79.99) Also I think that Nintendo should lower the price of the DSi XL to under $169.99 since it's the same price as the 3DS.
Your thoughts?
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

How long will Nintendo keep the DS going? Empty Re: How long will Nintendo keep the DS going?

October 7th 2011, 12:02 pm
theyve stopped selling them. And theyve also stoped making them. Its not like they are gonna instantly dissapear when the 3DS came out. Thats gonna take a while.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

How long will Nintendo keep the DS going? Captaincanucksigcopy
Megatron2000
Megatron2000

How long will Nintendo keep the DS going? Empty Re: How long will Nintendo keep the DS going?

October 7th 2011, 12:42 pm
There is a new DS color that's going to be released soon "probably the last" |D

I'm enjoying my new job in Tokyo! Megatron Happy

A photo I took of Nintendo HQ when I visited Kyoto! Megatron Excited/Sho
How long will Nintendo keep the DS going? 53c5df15-b149-4f0c-b2bb-1fd33703fe9f_zps243b0592
Grumblevolcano
Grumblevolcano

October 27th 2011, 2:21 pm
@KingreX32 Nintendo is still producing a limited amount of DSi XL model consoles.
Marth
Marth

February 1st 2012, 12:51 am
In terms of the amount of games that will be released, the DS still has at least two years left in it. There are almost more upcoming DS titles that interest me than 3DS games. Namely, Pokemon X Nobunaga and Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2.

As for the production of the console, DSi/XL is still around. DS Lite is discontinued, but still very easy to find.

Admin

February 1st 2012, 2:20 pm
I think I wanna upgrade to a DSi

Marth
Marth

February 1st 2012, 2:34 pm
Honestly, if you're going to spend that much, you may as well save a few extra dollars and buy a 3DS. The XL is the same price as a 3DS and looking at Amazon, the DSi is $150.

Admin

February 2nd 2012, 3:28 pm
hmmmm. I will look into it.

Elza
Elza

July 16th 2012, 5:58 pm
Most stores in my area still sell the DSi XL, but the DSi Lite is almost impossible to find.

Admin

July 18th 2012, 5:15 pm
The DS line isnt going out anytime soon

NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

July 18th 2012, 5:25 pm
I'd say, this decision would be up to the developers. Now if you're referring to first party software, I wouldn't expect much support if any.

July 23rd 2012, 5:19 am
With a few good titles still to come like Pokemon Black/White 2 the DS still has some life to it, and even after that it'll be selling for quite a while. Nintendo just need to release those anticipated 3DS games so that new buyers actually desire a 3DS over a DS - because right now buying a DS is still a very good idea if you dont have one.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

May 16th 2013, 2:40 pm
Besides DSiWare the DS seems pretty much done.

How long will Nintendo keep the DS going? D9qgr310

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846
Tails86
Tails86
Admin

May 16th 2013, 2:59 pm
sorry to say but i have to agree. DS honestly is overused DSi i think honestly they shouldnt have too many more. and Wiiware well whats the point of putting them on their when Wii U E shop has 50x more room. My opinion But its kinda true though.

Wii U NNID Tails86
A true reviewer wipes his hands clean with every game! (Even the bad ones!)
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

May 16th 2013, 8:43 pm
Yep as of later in June DSi won't matter (with Flipnote 3D) plus this is good it made the best selling console, now it's time for 3DS to overthrow DS

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)