Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Posted by Aaron Clegg - Sep 18th 2011 11:00
N-europe.com

The graphical powerhouse-loving studio seem very happy with the latest Wii U dev kits...
Crytek - Crytek Praises Wii U Specs WiiUfront

Crytek have probably always been best known for their ability to push graphical boundaries in games, so it's curious that the studio has been one of the most vociferous advocates of Nintendo's new console.

Speaking to Games Industry, Crytek's Avni Yerli gave the latest on where his studio stood with Wii U.

"The specs are very good. It's a challenge for designers, but once thought through it can add value, and that's what ultimately important. Our guys in Nottingham, they are very happy with their tests on the dev kits and they're excited about it."

Yerli's words signal developers getting hands-on with new Wii U development kits; seemingly a markedly step-up from the ones circulating around E3.

What is perhaps most interesting is the mention of Nottingham's Crytek UK having the latest dev kits. TimeSplitters 4 anyone?

Source

Well if Crytek like WiiU then you know its powerful. I never thought i would see the day when I could imagine seeing a Crysis game on a Nintendo platform. This makes me all giddie.

Anyways thoughts?

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Crytek - Crytek Praises Wii U Specs Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Jnes5
September 19th 2011, 2:01 pmJnes5
I wonder if the Wii U will run both crysis 1 & 2 in PC quality graphics...
Otaku
September 19th 2011, 2:29 pmOtaku
I don't like the sound of this.....I hope Nintendo doesn't turn into another PS360 with almost nothing but violent games Crying or Very sad
Marioman18
September 19th 2011, 3:54 pmMarioman18
It's going to be powerful sure,but will its first party games suffer from being too realistic for their own good?
Love4Gaming
September 19th 2011, 4:54 pmLove4Gaming
The WiiU will be more powerful than NASA's supercomputer Razz
It was a joke on Game Informers Game Infarcers joke section FTW Cool
Megatron2000
September 19th 2011, 5:41 pmMegatron2000
I'm waiting with anticipation for the WiiU to launch |D
XenobladeYuki
September 20th 2011, 1:08 pmXenobladeYuki
Nintendo WiiU is awesome nuff said :3
Sneaker
September 20th 2011, 1:21 pmSneaker
I can't wait. Would be awesome to play the games that the PS3 or the Xbox360 get. Of course with Nintendo taking care of the their familiar exclusive franchises. I can't wait.
Killeryoshii
September 20th 2011, 2:43 pmKilleryoshii
It's about time that a Nintendo system is popular amongst third party developers Smile
captainamerica
September 20th 2011, 3:49 pmcaptainamerica
It looks like Nintendo is finally catching up with its competition at least in the third party support department!
Yusei Fudo
September 20th 2011, 5:07 pmYusei Fudo
Didn't we hear this sort of stuff back when the gamecube was being developed Question
John Knight
September 20th 2011, 5:24 pmJohn Knight
I can't wait to see what games will be waiting for us to purchase when the WiiU launches victory
Punnyguy
September 20th 2011, 8:26 pmPunnyguy
A Powerful system doesn't necessarily have a large collection of AAA titles looking at you Nintendo 64 and Gamecube Neutral
Kenshin A-Go-Go
September 21st 2011, 12:15 pmKenshin A-Go-Go
The WiiU has potential but as others have said just because it's powerful doesn't mean it will have a good library of games Neutral
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)