Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Is Pop as addicting as popping bubble wrap or as boring as watching paint dry? Well let's find out!

Review: Pop (WiiWare) - Page 1 Popicon_big-300x300

Gameplay

In Pop you pop bubbles to earn points and ultimately aim for a high score on the online leaderboard,however this game is quite deep as you are about to find out.
First of all there are special bubbles that can have either good or bad effects such as the bio-hazard bubble that explodes and pops all same colored bubbles,or the target bubble that increases the size of your cursor!
Beware of the skill bubbles as they will reduce your timer!

You also have combo's that add to the depth of the gameplay,combo's are created by popping bubbles of the same color repeatedly to create chains the longer the chain the bigger the point bonus will be!
Then you have bonus rounds which activate at the end of a wave if you did well enough doing well in the bonus rounds is essential to get a very high score!

Pop also has up to 4 player local multiplayer which can be quite fun or stressful depending on how the people you play with play the game.

Graphics and Sounds

Review: Pop (WiiWare) - Page 1 Ars_wiiware_pop

Pop features very simple graphics that are pleasant to look at such as beautifully colored water and smoothly running graphics.
The details in the animations are very realistic such as bubbles being forced away from the bubbles you pop which just adds to the soothing feel of this game!

The music is peaceful and further adds to this great casual title though it certainly could use a few more tracks,it is great!
The sound effects are also simple yet effective and include things like popping bubbles and simple arcade like sounds such as explosions when popping special bubbles.

Review: Pop (WiiWare) - Page 1 Pop3

Bottom Line-If you want something that is casual yet enjoyable,that has deep gameplay,simple yet beautiful graphics,and soothing music,with a dash of competition via the leaderboard then Pop just might be the game you are looking for!

Price-700 points

Score- ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 7.5/10

7- Good This game may have a few flaws or may have somewhat shoddy controls, or minor sound/graphics flaws, but the game itself should be fun if you like the genre, and can overlook the potential flaws!

Last edited by Reanfan on October 22nd 2018, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Review: Pop (WiiWare) - Page 1 19654

Review: Pop (WiiWare) - Page 1 87457210

Review: Pop (WiiWare) - Page 1 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

PrinnyDood
September 21st 2011, 1:40 pmPrinnyDood
It sounds as boring as paint drying Razz
Aussiegamer
September 21st 2011, 2:54 pmAussiegamer
There are not many games that are so casual yet can still appeal to the hardcore audiences luckily Pop is one such game :-)
Link_i_am
September 21st 2011, 5:46 pmLink_i_am
This sounds like it could be just what my doctor ordered Surprised
A game that relieves stress and has some depth and competition to boot Exclamation = instant download Cool
KingreX32
October 4th 2011, 5:13 pmKingreX32
This game is actually very relaxing. As i said in my review
Navi
October 4th 2011, 5:46 pmNavi
How many stages are in this game Question
Sakura chan
October 12th 2011, 12:36 pmSakura chan
16 I think Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments