Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Kyotokei is a shmup that plays similarly to Ikaruga but with a fantasy setting,so is Kyotokei good enough to be considered a WiiWare gem or a Dirt Clod you wish you'd never purchased? Keep reading to find out!

Review: Kyotokei (WiiWare) Kiotokei

Gameplay/Story

You take on the role of two youths who are trying to take down an evil sorceress and must fly across more then 5 levels defeating hordes of regular enemies,then facing off against each stage's massive boss!

An interesting feature of Kyotokei is you can change you shield color from blue to red with rather interesting results,you see each enemy shoots either red or blue shots depending on what color the enemy is and your shield protects you from all shots that are the same color as your shield is at the time!
Be careful though as bosses shoot both red and blue shots!
This game is also fairly hard so you'll likely have to play several times to reach the end since you only have 3 continues on the easiest difficulty level.

Review: Kyotokei (WiiWare) Kyotokei020811

Graphics/Sound
The graphics in Kyotokei are quite beautiful,however seeing flying priests,floating witches among other weird enemies makes the game seem a little more like a Kirby game in terms of being overly cute,strangly however it seems to work!
The background graphics are really nicely detailed and have an animé feel to them.

The music is basic fantasy style music that may not be memorable but still works perfectly with the game's fantasy theme!

Review: Kyotokei (WiiWare) 36789-222042-4

Bottom line

Kyotokei is a great shmup for the WiiWare that has great gameplay that will be challenging,terrific graphics,and fitting music,and best of all is only 500 points!
I would suggest this game to any shmup fan,and though it may be somewhat difficult to those new to shmups it is one of the best games to start out with,as the easy mode is definitely manageable for those new to the genre!

Price-500 Points

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 8/10

8- Great This is a great game that might have a few flaws or could have been better, but is still a game we highly recommend!

Last edited by Reanfan on October 22nd 2018, 1:31 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Pics added !)

Review: Kyotokei (WiiWare) 19654

Review: Kyotokei (WiiWare) 87457210

Review: Kyotokei (WiiWare) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
September 15th 2011, 2:49 pmKeAfan7
Finished Wink
Navi
September 15th 2011, 3:39 pmNavi
Good idea placing the new reviews on the portal.....Your review is really good,but when will the pics be added Question
Krazyredd
September 15th 2011, 4:21 pmKrazyredd
This sounds like my cup of joe Surprised
Krazy good review man Wink
OddyWorld
September 15th 2011, 4:58 pmOddyWorld
An 8/10 Surprised
I must admit it sounds much better then I thought it would Surprised
Jnes5
September 15th 2011, 5:05 pmJnes5
WOW Rukiafan ! your way of reviewing has improved a little ! nice job ! Smile

The game sound very good ! so I'll see what I'll do to get it ! Very Happy
Megatron2000
September 15th 2011, 5:15 pmMegatron2000
This is a great review,maybe even better than your SMG 2,and DKCR reviews |D
I posted an impressions topic at Nintendo Life a while back and am amazed that such a good game would be 500 points |D
KeAfan7
September 15th 2011, 5:31 pmKeAfan7
Thank you all for your compliments,I'm working hard to become a better reviewer Very Happy
Yusei Fudo
September 15th 2011, 7:42 pmYusei Fudo
I have this game so I can say this review is very accurate though I would have given Kyotokei a 7/10 in any event good job with your review Rukiafan Wink
Ganondorfthewicked
September 15th 2011, 8:24 pmGanondorfthewicked
Now THIS is what I call a good review Surprised
I was on the fence but since I still have 500 points left after motoheroz I think I'll give this game a try Cool
captainamerica
September 15th 2011, 9:36 pmcaptainamerica
Your reviewing style keeps getting better! Nice work Wink
SheldonTheGenius
September 16th 2011, 12:02 pmSheldonTheGenius
This sounds like it should be an 800 point game Surprised
Killeryoshii
September 16th 2011, 1:19 pmKilleryoshii
Meh I don't see what's so great about this game Neutral
Amufungal
September 16th 2011, 1:42 pmAmufungal
Kyotokei really looks like Ikaruga 0____0
This is a wonderful review Rukiafan Smile
Staroceancrazy
September 16th 2011, 1:57 pmStaroceancrazy
It looks like a rip-off of Ikaruga only with weird enemies Neutral
It does sound good though :3
FuManchu
September 16th 2011, 2:41 pmFuManchu
Your reviews are improving quite a bit! This game looks like it may not be shovelware Surprised
Chickgoboom
September 16th 2011, 3:13 pmChickgoboom
This settles it I'm going to download this today victory
Punnyguy
September 16th 2011, 3:37 pmPunnyguy
This game is FUN Wink
Cloud_Strife
September 16th 2011, 5:49 pmCloud_Strife
Epic review.......Now I really want Kyotokei......... Neutral
DigiDestined
September 16th 2011, 6:25 pmDigiDestined
I'll have some money next week so I might get this game alongside Motoheroz Very Happy
ARF_Paula
September 16th 2011, 7:15 pmARF_Paula
I'm surprised a Microforum game could turn out so well Surprised
Objection Blaster
September 17th 2011, 12:58 amObjection Blaster
I agree with the others your reviews are becoming much better Rukiafan
ZezHylia
September 17th 2011, 2:47 pmZezHylia
I have played better shooters but it is a good deal at 500 Nintendo Points Very Happy
SonicKnuckles
September 17th 2011, 8:36 pmSonicKnuckles
Microforum isn't known for making good games thankfully Kyotokei is an exception!
RoboYoshi
September 17th 2011, 8:45 pmRoboYoshi
Sounds way better than Enjoy Your Message Laughing
Gekkouga-Senpai
September 18th 2011, 4:25 pmGekkouga-Senpai
This game rocks the only 500 point wiiware game that is better is Airport Mania First Flight and wow your review is pretty good rukiafan Surprised
Tinglemaster
September 18th 2011, 5:48 pmTinglemaster
Looks interesting,especially for a 500 poing game Surprised
I just may have to go ahead and give it a download Smile
Link_i_am
September 18th 2011, 7:07 pmLink_i_am
I already beat this game and enjoyed every minute of it Cool
MetroidBlaster
October 9th 2011, 7:02 pmMetroidBlaster
This is the best game Microforum has developed so far lets hope the next one will be even better Wink
NINTENBRO
October 9th 2011, 7:42 pmNINTENBRO
I think 3D Pixel Racing is pretty damn awesome. I guess you didn't care for it, huh MetroidBlaster?
Anonymous
January 29th 2014, 12:28 pmGuest
This is such a fun game that most people refuse to download because of its artistic style. Sad
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)