Go down

Re: Your last retro purchase

on October 17th 2012, 7:42 pm
Bought a new copy of Pokemon Sapphire With the box and all inserts. I will keep the price to myself as the price for these games has just gotten way too much. I am now mad at myself for selling my original copy a couple years back which also still had all the box contents.

You live and learn I guess....

Ninendo Network ID: Raith94

on October 18th 2012, 1:29 am
Dragon Ball Z: Goku's Legacy which is a Dragon Ball Z RPG for the Gameboy Advance.

Memorable Yu-Yu-Hakusho Quotes #2

Yusuke Urameshi: [to the Captain] If you even think about stopping me, I'll bite off your head mustache and all!
SDF Captain: I knew you couldn't hide your true character, you've transformed into a demon menace!
Yusuke Urameshi: Look jerk, give me a break, it's called a running joke!

on October 18th 2012, 12:43 pm
Digimon World 3 for the original Playstation! Very Happy

on November 13th 2012, 12:06 pm
Dragon Warrior VII for the Playstation! I love you

on November 14th 2012, 3:42 pm
"The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past"

After I had downloaded, "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX," I knew there was no way I could go without downloading this game on my Wii console. Definitely a must have game for any Legend of Zelda fan.

on November 17th 2012, 4:16 pm
Well, I downloaded a few more 3DS VC games last night guys.

1) The Castlevania Adventure (GB VC)
This game definitely does possess a retro level of difficulty Rory. Good call on this one my friend. I don't know what the hell the reviewer at NLife was thinking, when he only awarded this game a 3 out of 10! I seriously didn't agree with score that NLife awarded Metroid II: Return of Samus either. A 7 out of 10 is considered to be just above average, and Metroid II is more than a just above average GameBoy title. It at least deserved to receive an 8 out of 10, in my opinion.

2) Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (GB VC)
Wow! I think this game might actually be more difficult than the original NES titles were. It's nothing spectacular, but it's still a good game, though. The spritework is amazingly detailed for an early GameBoy game. I would definitely recommend this game to any fan of the series or GameBoy games in general.

3) Dragon Crystal (GG VC)
I haven't bothered to try this game yet. I'm not playing any other RPGs, until after I've finished Xenoblade Chronicles. Which I'm in no hurry to do, as is probably evident. I only downloaded this game, because it reminds me of old-school PC shareware RPGs that I used to play as a child. They're great for when you want to play an RPG, but you don't feel like thinking too deeply about the battle mechanics.

View user profile

on December 24th 2012, 5:47 pm
I just got Final Fantasy IX as an early Christmas present from a relative today which now completes my Final Fantasy collection! Have Final Fantasy I-XIII including X-2 and XIII-2, but not the two MMO's XI and XIV. king

on December 24th 2012, 6:55 pm
Wario Land II (3DS VC)

This was a must download game for myself, after enjoying Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land so very much. I've been informed by several sources that Wario Land II is considered by many to be the best entry in the series after Wario Land: Shake It!. I hope that's true, because that'll mean I'll have a new favorite GameBoy game.

on December 24th 2012, 7:13 pm
Lord of The Rings - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

on December 25th 2012, 6:22 pm
What is the commonly agreed upon definition of a retro videogame? It seems to me that any videogame that is currently 10 years of age or older is considered by most to be retro.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum