Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Lords of Thunder is an extraordinary (shmup) game that is a blast to play!

Gameplay
The gameplay in this sidescrolling (shmup) is quite unusual as I will explain in this section. This game is one of the most difficult (shmups) I have ever played as there are hoards of enemies the likes of which I've never seen before. Luckily however, players have enough health to survive a few hits plus can buy extra health, bombs and weapon upgrades among other stuff at the shop before the level starts! Your weapon depends on what armor you choose to use for the level you select. It also can gain power and be upgraded by either collecting certain items or purchasing it at the shop. You can use the points you earn from those crystals you collect after destroying enemies to pay for it.

This game has over 5 levels and takes a Megaman approach as the stages can be played in any order exept the final stage.

Graphics & Sound
The graphics are colorful and absolutely stunning. The models used in the game are detailed and the scenery is unbelievably detailed for a game in the mid 90s! The music in this game is some of the best ever used in a (shmup) game as it uses awesome heavy metal music that sets the mood for the incredibly high level of action in this wonderful game.

Bottom line: This is one of the most challenging games on the Virtual Console service as well as one of the most visually impressive Turbografx-CD games. It has a rockin' soundtrack as well as gameplay that is superb! At 800 Wii Points this is one game (shmup) fans and gamers who want a challenge should not pass up!

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 10/10

10- Perfect This game is nearly perfect, and has little if any flaws, and is a blast to play!
Attachments
Lords of Thunder (TG-CD)  Attachment
lordsofthunder.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(53 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Rukiafan on June 25th 2011, 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lords of Thunder (TG-CD)  19654

Lords of Thunder (TG-CD)  87457210

Lords of Thunder (TG-CD)  Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Megatron2000
May 31st 2011, 11:31 pmMegatron2000
This game rocks and your review rocks nuff said :3
Love4Gaming
July 24th 2011, 4:43 pmLove4Gaming
Sounds hard Neutral
I might give it a try though I love you
RoboYoshi
September 22nd 2011, 8:55 pmRoboYoshi
This game is one of the best games in the genre and is one of the hardest too king
SheldonTheGenius
October 27th 2011, 1:20 pmSheldonTheGenius
This sounds like a great challenge....I think that I just might give this game a shot. victory
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)