Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Save the Earth in this hectic and competitive arcade game for the WiiWare service!

Gameplay

Star Soldier R is an action packed arcade game that plays alot like the classic arcade games of the 80s in which you will want to play over and over again to achieve a high score!
And Star Soldier R does a great job at making this game truly competitive as there are many different ways to rack up points in both the 2 minute and 5 minute levels,such as combos,defeating an entire group of enemies or defeating an enemy that doesn't show up unless certain conditions are met!
The game also uses many control schemes such as the wiimote (nes) style or the wiimote and nunchuk,which gives players who aren't used to a particular control scheme some choices to help improve their scores!
As for the gameplay itself it is one of those games that is easy to play,but extremely difficult to master as the game is easy enough to survive to the end,however it tokes much skill to get a score in the top 10,000 globally!
The game might be a bit easier to master if you have played older games in the Star Soldier series!

Graphics and Sound

The graphics in Star Soldier R are decent as the run smoothly and have some decent detail,especially the in-game cutscenes but the lack of environmental varieties does seem a bit strange for a game released in 2008.
The soundtrack is good and does a great job at setting the mood for the game,and the sound effects make you feel like you are in a arcade which really enhances the experience!

Bottom Line-Take the popular Star Soldier series and turn it into a competitive high score contest with an up to date high scores list,good 3d graphics and make it sound like a game you'd find at an arcade and you have Star Soldier R the only complaint I have is the game only has two levels and at 800 wii points it might be a bit high for most,nonetheless this game is a great title if you want to compete on an online leaderboard!

Price 800 points

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 7.5/10

7- Good This game may have a few flaws or may have somewhat shoddy controls, or minor sound/graphics flaws, but the game itself should be fun if you like the genre, and can overlook the potential flaws!

This review can also be viewed here

Last edited by Reanfan on October 22nd 2018, 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Review: Star Soldier R (WiiWare) - Page 1 19654

Review: Star Soldier R (WiiWare) - Page 1 87457210

Review: Star Soldier R (WiiWare) - Page 1 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

SonicKnuckles
September 13th 2011, 10:59 pmSonicKnuckles
This doesn't sound like it has enough content to justify its 800 point price tag Neutral
Warlock in love
September 14th 2011, 3:25 pmWarlock in love
I have the 850th high score in the world Very Happy
good review Rukiafan Wink
SonicKnuckles
September 17th 2011, 7:55 pmSonicKnuckles
Uh good job xD
KingreX32
October 3rd 2011, 9:56 amKingreX32
Marioman18 wrote:Nice review Rukiafan
@KingreX32 I viewed the review at your site too,but got an error when I tried to post a comment Neutral

Im not sure why my Site is doing that lately. Try logging in instead of just posting a comment. See if that helps.
NINTENBRO
October 3rd 2011, 11:41 amNINTENBRO
I really like the visuals, it's sad there's only two levels of gameplay. )<:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)