Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Review: Pearl Harbour trilogy 1941 ~ Red Sun Rising (WiiWare) Pearl-harbor-header

Pearl Harbor Trilogy is a Wiiware title it was developed and published by Legendo Entertainment and was released for download in July 2010.

Pearl Harbor trilogy obviously is a WWII aerial combat game you play as unnamed Japanese or America pilots (depending on with campaign your in) as they fight through some of the most famous battles of WWII, like Pearl Harbor, Midway and Guadalcanal.

Review: Pearl Harbour trilogy 1941 ~ Red Sun Rising (WiiWare) 1271189797_pearl-harbor-trilogy-zero-explo-02

For a Wiiware title Pearl Harbor Trilogy is an impressive game, it features over 12 missions focusing mainly on Americas conflicts with Japan (or Japans conflict with America………whatever) As stated above there are two different campaigns which you can take part in, like Cybertron Adventures you can at anytime leave your current campaign and play through the other. On top of the campaign the game also has additional single player modes all listed under Dogfight mode, these are Survival (Players have to survive a set amount of time while at the same time trying to take on or shake off attacking fighters), Avenging Ace (Players have to down a certain amount of fighters before the time runs out) and Free flight (players can explore the many maps in game). Lastly the game features numerous Japanese and American WWII planes, and unfortunately no multiplayer. (Local or Online)

Review: Pearl Harbour trilogy 1941 ~ Red Sun Rising (WiiWare) Large-9
Review: Pearl Harbour trilogy 1941 ~ Red Sun Rising (WiiWare) Pearl-harbor-trilogy-wake-island-sbd-scout-bomber-enemy-down-500x284

Graphically the game looks great; it has a distinct look with the comic book design of the menus and cut scenes. In game graphics are great also they are highly detailed (you can see the rust on your plane or the bullet holes in your enemies wings) and look better than even a lot of non downloadable Wii games out there. In gameplay the game has an arcade feel to it, things are very fast paced yet the game has hints of realism in it. An example is if you’re flying around and pull back on the throttle too hard the engine might stall (you can fix this by gaining speed) or if you fly into your ally’s line of fire you will take damage. One thing that really surprised me was your squad AI, unlike most games (call of duty) your AI is actually really helpful some when your up there it doesn’t feel like it’s just you. Control wise using the Wiimote and nunchuck is a little clunky and akward luckily you have three control options to choose from, you can use either the Wiimote and nunchuck, Classic Controller (that’s what I use) or just the Wiimote by itself.

Review: Pearl Harbour trilogy 1941 ~ Red Sun Rising (WiiWare) Pearl-Harbor-Trilogy-1941-Red-Sun-Rising-Teaser-Video_3

I had few problems with the game one was the Enemy AI seemed a little dumb, the main campaign is kind of short (about 4-5 hours) and there’s no multiplayer which was kind of a disappointment. Apart from this Pearl Harbor Trilogy is a very well made game. Its fun, it looks great, it plays great, the extra modes give it a bit more replayability and at 800 nintendo points it’s a decent price.

Review: Pearl Harbour trilogy 1941 ~ Red Sun Rising (WiiWare) Pearl_harbor_trilogy_-_1941_red_sun_rising_conceptart_FFS8A

If your into air combat games then give this game a look, Harbor Trilogy - 1941: Red Sun Rising gets 8.6 out of 10.

8- Great This is a great game that might have a few flaws or could have been better, but is still a game we highly recommend!

Official Site

Source

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Review: Pearl Harbour trilogy 1941 ~ Red Sun Rising (WiiWare) Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Jnes5
Ehh... not a big fan of flight games... and Im not very interested in this game by not just a bit, but the game looks great for a wiiware title though...

And nice review once again KingreX32 !
KingreX32
Jnes5 wrote:Ehh... not a big fan of flight games... and Im not very interested in this game by not just a bit, but the game looks great for a wiiware title though...

Thanks. unfortunatly this will be my last review for a while.
Jnes5
KingreX32 wrote:
Jnes5 wrote:Ehh... not a big fan of flight games... and Im not very interested in this game by not just a bit, but the game looks great for a wiiware title though...

Thanks. unfortunatly this will be my last review for a while.

What ?! why ?! Surprised
KingreX32
its this economy. I cant find a proper job. No job means no money. No money means no games. no games no reviews. Meaning my sites gonna be even deader than before.
Staroceancrazy
Surprised nooooo I like your reviews Sad
I hope you find an online contest and win $1,000,000 a real contest not one of those stupid prank ones Wink
KingreX32
Staroceancrazy wrote:Surprised nooooo I like your reviews Sad
I hope you find an online contest and win $1,000,000 a real contest not one of those stupid prank ones Wink

LOL thanks
KeAfan7
Hey did you read the PM and wii messages I sent you?
KingreX32
Rukiafan wrote:Hey did you read the PM and wii messages I sent you?

Yes. I did I replied. Also cheak the DS reviews section. No one noticed it. LOL
Grumblevolcano
Sounds rather fun Very Happy
FuManchu
Isn't this game only 700 points Question Nice review though Surprised
Grumblevolcano
This is a nice game for the price though an 8.6 seems a bit high your review is flawless Wink and yes I do believe this costs 700 points.
Golden Freiza
This does cost 700 wii points Exclamation
The game is too short for my tastes but great review kingreX32!
Biorn the Viking
Legendo did a spectacular job in making this game look as pretty as possible. Compared to some retail Wii products out there, PHT:RSR looks really good. Sadly though, the controls don't play as well as I thought it would - like you said in the review. Nice package, but definitely suffers without any form of multiplayer or co-op.

Great review Kingrex!
KingreX32
Thanks man. Some Co-op would have been amazing.
Megatron2000
It is a little disappointing that only the first game of the trilogy was released on WiiWare D|
KingreX32
I know right? But on their facebook page I think I saw them say that they are shifting development to the WiiU. The other are not gonna come to wii.
gamerace
Shame about the controls. That'd be the main motivator for me to get it. Wiimote & nunchuk's motion control should be the ideal control method for a game like this.
KingreX32
Indeed it is. Have you ever played Blazing Angels? It had Wiimote and nunchuck controls and they works very well.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/apps/blog/show/1855834-blazing-angles-squadrons-of-wwii-review-by-kingrex32
gamerace
I do have Blazing Angels but far better are the controls on Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces.

I'd have loved a Star Fox with those controls.
KingreX32
I oce bought Sky Crawlers. When I got home and opened up the case NOthing was in there. I wanted that game.
gamerace
OMG. That was used I assume. They didn't have it? You couldn't exchange? That's a shame. That'll be one of those rare, hard to find Wii titles.
KingreX32
No it was upposed to be new. I bought it from a Future Shop. I was soo pissed that day.

I went back to the store and had to fight for my money back. They were trying to say I took the game out.
gamerace
KingreX32 wrote:No it was upposed to be new. I bought it from a Future Shop. I was soo pissed that day.

I went back to the store and had to fight for my money back. They were trying to say I took the game out.

Understandably. I've never seen an empty case. Guess you didn't want to try your luck a second time.
KingreX32
nope. I returned the game. And began looking for it elsewhere. I couldnt find it though. And to this day I still cant find it. Like Brawl.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)