Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
silksofsweden
silksofsweden
yay another disney game review and this time its lion king. well this game is known by many. maybe because genesis made a exact game exept genesis style but anyway im gonna review snes version because in my opinion snes is better. here is my review

1. start up/menu
wow this game has no intro. thats not a good start but they still made a good job with the game. the game follows the story very well. its not much for a start up but you cant expect every disney game to be perfect. there is always a flaw in every game remember that gamers

2. gameplay
its a typical disney platformer game. those who played aladdin knows what kind of game lion king is. the enemies are mostly bugs that expload when they die, hyenas and other animals. however this game is also well known to be hard or tricky as i like to call it. there are levels that have problem solving, maze and escape scene. you play as simba and your attacks are jumping on enemies however some enemies (like the porcupine) cant be jumped on. you also got a roar attack but its useless. its good for the second stage but after that its just balls. then there is a bonus game. there are 2 bonus game. the first one you are pumba and you have to catch bugs that timon drops for you. the second bonus game you play as timon and gathering bugs. you have to collect a certain amount of bugs to get a extra life and if you get many bugs you can even get a continue. just beware the spiders. only problem is that the control during timon bonus game is very sensitive so you can lose quiet easy

3. graphic
like other disney game its amazing. i really like it on the third stage because there you have a diffrent mode. it looks cool. not to mention the cutscenes its so great. all of it following the movie. i like that

4. music
well its the same music as in the movie so its not much to say. if you like the music in the movie then you like the snes style as well. the sound effects are also awesome and this might sound ridiculous but for the first time in a videogame the dying music is so pathetic funny. its making me laugh at some point. especially when i die a most stupid death. maybe its just me

5. fun factor
its really fun but also hard or tricky. you dont have a boring time with this. its actually better than aladdin because its harder. thats a good thing. it gives us challenge. challenge are fun as long as its playable and this game is playable

6. difficulty
i think i have to rank it 6/10 because its little harder than the other disney game i played but at least its a difficulty that is ok. challenging but fun like crazy

final score = i give this game a 6/10= get it, its a good disney game and you dont have to be a child to play it. everyone can play it. its a amazing game for a amazing movie

6- Decent This game has flaws or major flaws such as, poor controls, bad gameplay elements, poorly implemented gimmicks, minor sound or graphics issues etc. But can be fun, but not necessarily as fun as you'd hope.

here is some pics ^^

lion king on snes  The_lion_king-159505-1

lion king on snes  Lion%20King%20(2)

lion king on snes  A099fc73533b15e74c7a8df6235dafb8

lion king on snes  Lionking3to5

this is silks of sweden review. hope you like it. see ya next time

my friends code:
super smash bros brawl = 2838-4154-7461
mario kart wii = 2622-9874-2387
mario striker super charged = 3010-2663-2823

lion king on snes  Silks_11
lion king on snes  Orihim10
lion king on snes  Navi
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
August 16th 2011, 11:48 amMouser
A 6/10? Your review sounds more like it should've got a score of 7 or 8 Neutral
Oh well,nice review yet again silks Wink
silksofsweden
August 16th 2011, 11:57 amsilksofsweden
well it could be a 7 of 10 but the reason i ranked it 6 instead of 7 was because they could have better enemies and more cutscenes. thats why i ranked it 6. still 6 is good enough dont you think?
Anonymous
August 16th 2011, 1:02 pmSplatter
Nice review!
silksofsweden
August 16th 2011, 1:04 pmsilksofsweden
thx splatter much appreciated
Anonymous
August 16th 2011, 1:08 pmTerra1/2
This game is hard yet still enjoyable.great review silks!
silksofsweden
August 16th 2011, 1:09 pmsilksofsweden
yeah it is XD
Jnes5
August 16th 2011, 2:51 pmJnes5
... Yeah, Im not too fond with the movie-licensed games to be honest... Neutral

But nice review silks !

And by the way, do you accept requests for disney games ? if so, can your next review be the jungle book for the genesis ? I saw that it's very mixed that some people love it and some people hate it, and I want to know which category do you fall in. Very Happy
silksofsweden
August 16th 2011, 2:58 pmsilksofsweden
well i can tell you its not as bad as tale spin or pinocchio. there are some flaws. its not too good but on otherhand i cant call it the worst game. its been a while since i played it so let me play it for couple days and i make a review of it
Amufungal
August 27th 2012, 12:59 pmAmufungal
Nice review Smile
silksofsweden
August 27th 2012, 12:59 pmsilksofsweden
thx ringo
Gekkouga-Senpai
August 27th 2012, 1:02 pmGekkouga-Senpai
I remember this game being very hard.
silksofsweden
August 27th 2012, 1:02 pmsilksofsweden
yeah me too
KeAfan7
August 27th 2012, 3:29 pmKeAfan7
This is yet another fantastic retro review. Wink
Tasuki
August 27th 2012, 6:26 pmTasuki
I remember this game hit a really big difficulty spike back in the I can't wait to be king level. The only way I could beat this game was if I used the "BARRY" code.

Great review.
silksofsweden
August 28th 2012, 12:23 amsilksofsweden
yeah it litterly pissed me off and i saw that death scene so many times i can hardly describe it and everytime i couldnt hold me for laughter. because when young simba dies he looks funny plus somehow the sound when you dies makes it funny. its like awww you died but it was fun you died, you can still play. something like that
Komicturtle
August 28th 2012, 8:49 amKomicturtle
I sucked at this game as a kid.
silksofsweden
August 28th 2012, 11:16 amsilksofsweden
so did i
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)