Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
The Super Bros. Return!

Super Mario World (SNES) Review - Page 1 250px-10

Gameplay:

The gameplay in Super Mario World is very polished and Nintendo added many new gameplay elements to the formula in Mario's first SNES game! This was the first Mario platformer to feature the now famous character Yoshi who can eat enemies or use koopa shells and Hammer bros. hammer by grabbing them with his tongue and spitting them at enemies!

The game also introduced Ghost Houses and Star Road and has many secret paths and levels as well as a super hard secret world that can only be unlocked by completely beating the game "secrets included."
New power-ups include the feather cape and balloon mario suits as well as different colored Yoshi's that have unique powers and can only be found in Star Road levels.

The game has over 100 levels and a secret to unlock if you beat the hidden world!

Super Mario World (SNES) Review - Page 1 Super-11

Graphics and Sound:

The visuals in Super Mario World are amazing as the enemy designs, level backgrounds, and special effects are very detailed and slowdown almost never occurs! The levels are varied and look very nice and the little storybook story scenes have an interesting art style.

The music in Super Mario World is superb and each melody fits the levels perfectly! Of course the Bowsers Castle theme is as epic as ever!
The sound effects are cutesy just like every other Mario game which is perfect for the lighthearted series!

Super Mario World (SNES) Review - Page 1 Draft_10

Bottom Line:

With revamped gameplay, the addition of Yoshi, good graphics, and an amazing soundtrack Super Mario World remains one of the best platformers created to date so do yourself a favor and download Super Mario World if you haven't already!

Price: 800 Nintendo Points.

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 10/10

10- Perfect This game is nearly perfect, and has little if any flaws, and is a blast to play![list=1][*]

You can also read this review here.

Last edited by Rukiafan on July 16th 2012, 2:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

Super Mario World (SNES) Review - Page 1 19654

Super Mario World (SNES) Review - Page 1 87457210

Super Mario World (SNES) Review - Page 1 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

LizofDoom
July 16th 2012, 4:14 pmLizofDoom
Agreed.
Elza
July 16th 2012, 5:51 pmElza
You did a very good job with editing this review Rukiafan!
Anonymous
July 17th 2012, 12:25 amGuest
I love Super Mario World! I love you
RyanNerdyGamer
July 17th 2012, 3:13 amRyanNerdyGamer
This is one of my top two favourite Super Nintendo games by far, the other one being Yoshi's Island. There's something magical about traversing Dinosaur Land, riding Yoshi as he gobbles fruit in order to lay an egg which will hatch into a useful item. Awesome job on the review, Rukiafan. Wink
Tasuki
July 17th 2012, 10:57 amTasuki
Nice review Rukiafan. Super Mario World is my second favorite Mario game second only too Super Mario Bros 3. While Super Mario World does have the better graphics and sound compared to the NES release of Super Mario Bros 3, I found the level design in SMB3 to be a tad bit more unique. But still I agree with you Rukiafan this is a must have and if you dont have it in some form, original cart on the SNES, or VC download than you need to get it.
Staroceancrazy
July 17th 2012, 11:24 amStaroceancrazy
Awesome review Exclamation This is my favorite Mario game on the Super Nintendo and the perfect score is well deserved! Very Happy
KingreX32
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)