Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
The Kongs of The Jungle Return!

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kongs Double Trouble (SNES)  588284_103195_front

The Kongs are back for their 3rd adventure!! This time both Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong have been been Kongnapped and it's up to Dixie Kong and Baby Kong to save the two heroic apes!

This game is the 3rd and final game in the original DKC trilogy and is also the hardest game in the trilogy. The game has a ton of levels and many of them are extremely unique e.g. a level in which you race through the level avoiding a giant saw moving quickly up the trees or a level which has moonlike gravity. If that wasn't exciting enough there is a secret area with many levels to find in the game.

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kongs Double Trouble (SNES)  Donkey_Kong_Country_3_Dixie_Kongs_Double_Trouble!_SNES_ScreenShot4

The game also has so many Minigames & secrets, not to mention side quests to do it feels more like an Adventure Platformer as opposed to a standard platforming title like most 2D platformers.

The graphics are absolutely breathtaking. 3D sprites detailed backgrounds & even a few polygons. Which is hard to believe when you consider the game is over 15 years old. DKC 3 also features new animal buddies including a water squirting elephant.

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kongs Double Trouble (SNES)  Donkey_Kong_Country_3_Dixie_Kongs_Double_Trouble!_SNES_ScreenShot3

The sound effects are top notch and the soundtrack has a great variety of tunes most of which are awesome.

Bottom Line: This is one of RARE'S best works and was years ahead of its time and for 800 Wii Points anybody who enjoys platformers would be banana's not to consider purchasing this gem.

Price- 800 points

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 10/10

10- Perfect This game is nearly perfect, and has little if any flaws, and is a blast to play!

Last edited by Stinkerbri on March 27th 2012, 9:36 pm; edited 3 times in total

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kongs Double Trouble (SNES)  19654

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kongs Double Trouble (SNES)  87457210

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kongs Double Trouble (SNES)  Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Link_i_am
This is my least favorite snes Dkc game,but it's still more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Razz

Seriously it is pretty good and your review does a good job showcasing that nice work Smile
Marioman18
Great review man!
Staroceancrazy
This is a great game,but the first two are better
in any case good review rukiafan Wink
KeAfan7
This old review also needs pics. Wink
Anonymous
Beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you
Rare was such an amazing developer back when Nintendo owned them. Smile
KokorOtaku
I REALLLY should try to compleate all the games in the trilogy someday, the are a few games I wanna beat before the WiiU comes out
KeAfan7
@Kushina Thank you. Wink
Megatron2000
I should have downloaded this game when I had the chance. D|
KeAfan7
Megatron2000 wrote:I should have downloaded this game when I had the chance. D|
I feel your pain as I failed to download the best game of the series, Donkey Kong Country 2. Sad
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)