Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
by JC Fletcher on Jul 31st 2011 7:30PM
Joystiq.com
Paid DLC functionality coming to 3DS, Wii U Iwatacoin731

3DS and Wii U developers will have the option to sell digital items in-game, Satoru Iwata revealed during an investor Q&A (summarized by Andriasang). Developers will have the option to sell extra content on 3DS by the end of the year; naturally, it won't arrive on Wii U until, like, the Wii U exists. For reference, both Wii and WiiWare games can offer paid DLC right now.

Iwata said that the use of paid DLC would increase Nintendo's own short-term profits, it wouldn't have a positive affect on the company's "relationship with customers," suggesting that this option will be used by third parties only. He also mentioned that Nintendo had no interest in free-to-play games.

Apparently, the 3DS internet connection is much more widely used than that of the DS. Iwata expressed an interest in promoting the purchase of downloadable software, an initiative that, according to Andriasang's translation, will be "a major point" for Nintendo in the next three years. Step one: actually offer a selection of downloads.

Read this article here

All i have to say is, ITS ABOUT TIME NINTENDO Jeez.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Paid DLC functionality coming to 3DS, Wii U Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Gekkouga-Senpai
August 3rd 2011, 12:55 pmGekkouga-Senpai
As long as we don't have to pay for content that is already on the disk pale
John Knight
August 3rd 2011, 1:27 pmJohn Knight
TheFlamingTomato wrote:As long as we don't have to pay for content that is already on the disk pale

My thoughts exactly,I'd feel better if it was only first party games as I feel Nintendo has enough honor not to do bull$#!% like that no offence meant towards the third party devs that wouldn't do that either.
KeAfan7
August 3rd 2011, 2:17 pmKeAfan7
It could go either way,but hopefully Nintendo won't allow 3rd party companies to pull that Crab
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)