Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An Off-The-Rails Epic Adventure With Class VII!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NihonFalcom - Review: The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4 Retail) 900x24

Developed by Nihon Falcom Games, the developer best-known in the western hemisphere for its Ys series. We have recently fallen in absolute love with the Trails series which is one of the most well thought out series we've ever experienced! Does the third entry in the Trails of Cold Steel arc of the series live up to the previous two games? We think so and here's why!

After a nearly three year wait, Class VII is finally back in session, but this time you, as Rean Shwarzer take on the role of instructor of the class in the newly built Thors Branch Campus. The game starts off quite similarly to the first Trails of Cold Steel title, and there are tons of nods and parallels to the first game between the storytelling and the structure of the game's chapters.

NihonFalcom - Review: The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4 Retail) 900x25

the game is a whopper in length as it can easily take well over 150 hours to do a 100% run and nearly 250 hours minimum to earn the platinum trophy. Divine Knight battles return, but the system has been streamlined and is much more fun this time around!

Battles have also been revamped with new turn bonuses as well as the new order command system that allows you to use BP to issue orders that grant beneficial buffs and effects for a set number of turns which adds another strategic layer to the series' already deceptively deep battles! The menues have been streamlined as well both in and outside of battles and visually look much tidier which is a nice touch!

NihonFalcom - Review: The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4 Retail) 900x26

The controls are flawless in this game and the game's difficulty is well-balanced regardless of which level of difficulty you select, though Nightmare is not recommended during your first playthrough. The visuals in this game are by far more detailed and gorgeous than the first two Cold Steel titles, with excellent lighting, and amazingly detailed textures and character models! The music is amazing as well, though a few of the best tracks are missing from previous games which is a shame, but otherwise the audio-visual presentation is simply flawless!

NihonFalcom - Review: The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4 Retail) 900x27

Bottom-Line: With an amazing story, excellent gameplay, flawless controls, and an absolutely fantastic audio-visual presentation, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is one of the best JRPG's of the generation and there's really no reason not to add it to your PS4 collection of games. We do highly recommend playing the first two Cold Steel games first, however. Overall we give the game a perfect level of recommendation!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★★★ 10/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #NISA #NihonFalcom #PS4 #Retail #PSN #JRPG #PerfectScore

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NihonFalcom - Review: The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4 Retail) 19654

NihonFalcom - Review: The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4 Retail) 87457210

NihonFalcom - Review: The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4 Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

Fie Claussell likes this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
Our review is now live! As always feel free to leave us a comment below! Wink

Staroceancrazy
Class VII is back Exclamation
Awesome review @Towafan7 Exclamation

Aqua Cherry Blossom
I purchased this already and am loving every moment of the game lol! Go Class VII. Smile

Neptune
Nice review. Smile

ToughGamer
Good review. This series has been good so far so I'll probably pick this up a Gamestop next week.

Kain
A well deserved perfect score! Nice review once again @Towafan7!

KeAfan7
Thanks for the comments! You guys are awesome! NihonFalcom - Review: The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4 Retail) 631737971

Zatchbell
Great review as always!

Talesfanatic
Awesome review!

Clαππαd
Nice review as expected boss. Smile

catfood
Good review @Towafan7!

Tinglemaster
Amazing review mi amigo! Cool

KeAfan7
Thanks for the feedback you guys! king

RyanNerdyGamer
Towafan7 wrote:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is one of the best JRPG's of the generation and there's really no reason not to add it to your PS4 collection of games
I would've thought not owning a PS4 is a good reason, but if you insist... Razz

In any case, it's nice to know a little bit about the franchise from which you take your username. Rean Schwarzer is kind of similar to an Icon in certain ways, isn't he? NihonFalcom - Review: The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4 Retail) 631737971

KeAfan7
@GeekyGamerZack Well I'm @Towafan7 now, but Rean Shwarzer is an awesome character! Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 D'oh! And I even atted you by the username Towafan7 in the same freaking post... NihonFalcom - Review: The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4 Retail) 1625187496

RWBY_Red
Hehehe nice review!

Krazyredd
What a Krazy good review! I really enjoy Rean and co!

ShanaNoShakugan
Such lovely review @Towafan7. Smile

KeAfan7
Haha It's all good @GeekyGamerZack! Thanks for continuing to support our website everyone! You guys rock! king

Otaku
Awesome review Very Happy

KeAfan7
@RWBY Yellow = Yang Thanks for commenting! Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
@Zeddyfan Just testing to see if your username's changed yet, co-owner. Razz

Tsubasa
Awesome review bro!

Kitty Cat Meow Meow
Class VII is pawesome and so is your review! cat

Nell TU
Nice review!

KeAfan7
@GeekyGamerZack Don't tempt me, I just might do it. Razz
Thanks for the continued comments you guys! You're the best! king

Clunkermobile
Great review and longtime no see @Towafan7!

Gold_Miner
I'm always down to play a Falcom game. Falcom is easily one of the best developers out there. Great review @Towafan7!

KeAfan7
Welcome back @Clunkermobile and @Gold_Miner Also I completely agree @Gold_Miner! Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 Imagine if you changed your username to Zanderfan, only for most people to either think it means "Zan the Fan"; or wonder, "Who the bleep is Zander...? scratch"

MetalShyGuy
Amazing review!

Sakura chan
What a nice review! Smile

KeAfan7
@GeekyGamerZack Lol. Laughing
Thanks for the continued support! I really appreciate the comments you guys! Wink

PrinnyDood
Awesome review d00d! Prinny

Chickgoboom
Class VII is back baby! Very Happy

Kangaroozoo
Brilliant review mate! victory

KeAfan7
Wow guys! Thanks for making this review my most commented article on WiiWareWave! It's the 5th overall on the website. You guys are just the best! king

Itsame
What a magnifico review @Towafan7! Congratulations are in order on reaching 40 comments! Unfortunately I'm not familiar with this series, but it sounds amazing!

pizzacore
Amazy review @Towafan7.

XenobladeYuki
@Towafan7 I must say your reviews have improved immensely since I first joined WiiWareWave! It's no surprise that your reviews receive such a staggering number of comments. The same can be said of the other reviewers, however your skills have improved the most out of the entire WiiWareWave crew! Also congratulations on reaching the 60,000 posts milestone @Towafan7 @GeekyGamerZack @SKTTR @JNES5 @SkywardL @Sneaker @KingreX32 @Gamergy @Unrealgamergirl @armerocks @Clαππαd @Fumanchu @Amufungal @SalsumHawkeye @TechnicalIssues8 #60KPostsParty Happy

Elza
Nice review @Towafan7. Smile

TechnicalIssues8
Great review, @Towafan7! I can't wait to play this but have some other games to finish first. I agree with the person that said your writing has improved. You've gotten great at reviews, buddy!

Himawari Chan
Nice review! I can't wait to play this, but first I have to finish Cold Steel II. Smile

Ms_Kinomoto
Um...nice review @Towafan7. Smile

KeAfan7
@TechnicalIssues8 Thank you so much for your kind words! As for everyone else, thank you for continuing to support WiiWareWave! You guys rock! king

TikiFireEmblem
What a beautiful review! I love this series, especially the Cold Steel games and I can't wait to play the game once I have a little more free time on my hands! I love you

Tio-Tot
Amazing review! Simply amazing! Dance

FM_Alchemist
Incredible review @Towafan7!

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)