Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link To The Amazing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

review - Review: The Legend of Zelda ~ A Link To The Past (Wii U VC) Wiiu_s13

Developed and published by Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past returns to the formula that the original game in the series utilized, but adds to it in many ways and all of which are positive improvements! Continue reading our review to find out why we think you should add this retro game to your Wii U Virtual Console collection of games!

review - Review: The Legend of Zelda ~ A Link To The Past (Wii U VC) Wiiu_s14

The story in ALTTP is by and far better than the one that the original The Legend of Zelda title had and showed that RPG's weren't the only genre that could be epic in this regard! The gameplay while similar to that of the NES original added quite a few changes such as eight-way movement, much more complex equipment, weapon and equipment upgrades, and even an entire second world.

The game is also quite lengthy for an SNES game that's not a JRPG, clocking in at over 20 hours in length! The controls are also easy to learn which is always a good thing! Another good thing is the game runs much better on the Wii U than it did on the original Wii with far less stuttering and frame-rate drops.

review - Review: The Legend of Zelda ~ A Link To The Past (Wii U VC) Wiiu_s15

The controls in the game are quite good, but we highly recommend using the Wii Classic Controller Pro for the best experience. The game's Off-TV play is executed perfectly with a great balance in its sound-level and ALTTP looks absolutely gorgeous on the Wii U Gamepad.

The audio-visual presentation is also superb with gorgeous cartoonish graphics that are exceptionally detailed for an SNES title, and the animations are fluid with rarely any dropped frames. The soundtrack is also pure bliss with catchy chiptunes and surprisingly good sound effects!

review - Review: The Legend of Zelda ~ A Link To The Past (Wii U VC) Wiiu_s16

Bottom-Line: With an amazing and lengthy story , excellent gameplay, great controls, and a nearly flawless audio-visual presentation, The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past has aged gracefully and is just as fun today as it was when it was released well over 25 years ago! The better frame-rate compared to the Wii Virtual Console release makes this the most definitive re-release of the game thus-far! We give The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past for the Wii U Virtual Console a perfect level of recommendation!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★★★ 10/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #Nintendo #Action #Adventure #WiiU #3DS #Wii #eShop #VC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

review - Review: The Legend of Zelda ~ A Link To The Past (Wii U VC) 19654

review - Review: The Legend of Zelda ~ A Link To The Past (Wii U VC) 87457210

review - Review: The Legend of Zelda ~ A Link To The Past (Wii U VC) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

RyanNerdyGamer
Wow, @Towafan7, this is your most well-written review yet. Kudos, my friend! review - Review: The Legend of Zelda ~ A Link To The Past (Wii U VC) 631737971

And I agree with you wholeheartedly. A Link to the Past is without a doubt the best 2D Zelda experience on a home console, and one I enjoy playing even to this day and age. Happy
RWBY_Red
@GeekyGamerZack Agreed. Amazing review @Towafan7!
Grumblevolcano
Excellent review mate!
KeAfan7
@GeekyGamerZack Wow what a compliment! I don't know what to say! Thanks buddy! king

To the rest of you, thanks for the comments! Wink
Kain
Nice review! It's good to see you guys haven't forgotten the Wii U. Smile
RyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 I mean it completely. Here, have another thumbs-up. review - Review: The Legend of Zelda ~ A Link To The Past (Wii U VC) 631737971

@Kain I still play mine on a near-daily basis, so of course I haven't forgotten it. Wink
Talesfanatic
Great review for a great game!
Tinglemaster
I want to be a fairy therefore I love this game! unsure #TingleWisdom
Staroceancrazy
Awesome review Exclamation
Zatchbell
I never tire of playing ALTTP it's a true classic in every sense of the word!
Golden Freiza
@Towafan7 Booyaa! Super review as always! Super Saiyen
I still fire up my Wii U and Wii to play some of the classics such as A Link To The Past! Super Saiyen
Amufungal
What an amazing review @Towafan7! Smile
KeAfan7
Thanks for the comments you guys! king
Navi
Great review. This was my first game that I actually finished as a child!
Inoue79
Fantastic review @Towafan7!
ToughGamer
Good review. Link has always been a badass emo.
ARF_Paula
@Towafan7 What an amazing review! ALTTP is a timeless classic and I still play the game on my New 3DS XL for some fun on the go. Smile
Anime_Gurl
Your review is so detailed @Towafan7! ^-^
XenobladeYuki
This is easily my favorite 2-D Zelda game and I completely agree with your review @Towafan7!
KeAfan7
Thanks for the feedback you awesome folks! king
Kung-fu Pikachu
I luve Zelda such amazung games!
KeAfan7
@Kung-fu Pikachu Thanks for the comment! Wink
Ganondorfthewicked
April 10th 2019, 3:10 pmGanondorfthewicked
Amazing review!
KeAfan7
@Ganondorfthewicked Thanks for commenting! Wink
Permissions in this forum: