Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quest of The Year!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JRPG - Feature: Game of The Year 2018 ~ #1 Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of An Elusive Age (PS4) 900x

It's been many years since we've seen a Dragon Quest title on a Playstation console and Dragon Quest XI fills the multi-generational void quite nicely! It feels very similar to Dragon Quest VIII, however its scale and character development are on a completely different level. The game is divided into three acts and each act is over 50 hours in length unless you try to power through the game, "Where's the fun in that?". The game also features a robust post-game with many more hours of gameplay to tackle after the end credits roll.

The music is fantastic despite the fact that the songs are in midi format and the visuals are absolutely breathtaking. It should come as no surprise after reading this as to why we think Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of An Elusive Age deserved to be chosen as our choice for 2018's game of the year!

JRPG - Feature: Game of The Year 2018 ~ #1 Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of An Elusive Age (PS4) 900x

What do you think of our choice for last year's game of the year? As always be sure to let us know in our comments section below!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#GoTY #DragonQuestXI #PS4 #JRPG #SquareEnix

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Towafan7 on March 5th 2019, 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

JRPG - Feature: Game of The Year 2018 ~ #1 Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of An Elusive Age (PS4) Rukiafan7

JRPG - Feature: Game of The Year 2018 ~ #1 Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of An Elusive Age (PS4) 19654

JRPG - Feature: Game of The Year 2018 ~ #1 Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of An Elusive Age (PS4) 87457210

JRPG - Feature: Game of The Year 2018 ~ #1 Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of An Elusive Age (PS4) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Kain
DigiDestined
Dragon Quest XI deserves this game of the year award. =)
Talesfanatic
Dragon Quest XI is amazing and deserves the award. Smile
RWBY_Red
Great choice. I would say Dragon Quest XI, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Super Mario Tennis Ace are my faves.
RyanNerdyGamer
I've actually been meaning to try a Dragon Quest game (aside from DQIX). Which ones on 3DS and/or Switch would any of you recommend? Smile
Kain
@GeekyGamerZack Dragon Quest VII and VIII are both excellent. The story in DQ VIII is slightly better, however the job system in DQ VII is fantastic.
RyanNerdyGamer
Kain wrote:@GeekyGamerZack Dragon Quest VII and VIII are both excellent. The story in DQ VIII is slightly better, however the job system in DQ VII is fantastic.
Awesome. Thanks for the heads-up. victory
KokorOtaku
Great hope to see the Switch version soon!
KeAfan7
@KokorOtaku You'll love the game, I absolutely guarantee it. Wink
Aqua Cherry Blossom
@KokorOtaku Is the Switch port still happening?
Gekkouga-Senpai
There were so many amazing games released in 2018 that the ten best games of the year all had a shot at making number one to be frank. Excellent article @Reanfan!
ToughGamer
Good choice.
KokorOtaku
@Aqua Chrery Blossom yeah they just showed off fotage a week ago and it doesn’t look too different from the PS4 Version
TechnicalIssues8
I agree with this 1000% percent Wink
KeAfan7
Thanks for the comments you guys! king
Supertimbros
Great choice for GoTY!
Neptune
I'm sorry for being late to the party. This series of features were fantastic and your choices were equally good. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)