Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riding The Trails of Awesomeness!

Review: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS3 Retail) Trails10

Developed by Nihon Falcom Games and published by XSeed Games, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II picks up where the first Trails of Cold Steel game left off and is much quicker to pick up in-terms of action, but is that enough to make the game better than its predecessor? We think so and here's why!

Review: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS3 Retail) Trails10

The story picks up shortly after the events at the end of the first game with the protagonist Rean being separated from the rest of his classmates. The story is actually much more fast-paced and dark than the original Trails of Cold Steel title, but does a great job throwing in some comedy and lighthearted shinanigans as well to balance things out!

The gameplay has been tweaked and modified a bit as well. Mech battles also play a bigger role in the game and the world is much more open than in the original ToCS title! Possibly the best aspect of Trails of Cold Steel 2 is the ability to travel across the world in an airship that you'll obtain in Chapter 2! Battle linking is still an important part of battles and you can now unleash a few new techniques further enhancing the series' already strategic battle system!

Review: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS3 Retail) Trails11

The music is actually even better in this sequel than it was in volume one which is quite a hat trick given how absolutely sublime the music was in part one of The Trails of Cold Steel trilogy. Some old music tracks return, but there are plenty of new ones added that are just as good! There are also many more voiced cutscenes in this game than there were in Cold Steel one which is fantastic news and adds alot to the overall presentation of the game!

Review: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS3 Retail) Trails12

Bottom-Line:

With excellent gameplay, a wonderful story, and a nearly flawless soundtrack, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II is one of the best JRPG's available on PS3 and we highly recommend the game to all fans of the genre! We give this game a perfect score!

Score: ★★★★★★★★★★ 10/10

#PS3 #JRPG #NihonFalcom #ToCS2 #Review

Review: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS3 Retail) 19654

Review: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS3 Retail) 87457210

Review: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS3 Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

Fie Claussell likes this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Aqua Cherry Blossom
@Reanfan So you ARE alive lol. Rolling Eyes I was about to give up on this website when suddenly you and the rest of the staff made a reappearance lol. Laughing

As for the review it is spot on. @Reanfan what will you be reviewing next?

Staroceancrazy
Welcome back @Eureka and @Reanfan Exclamation

Awesome review! I agree that this is one of the best jrpgs on PS3! Very Happy

RyanNerdyGamer
Welcome back, @Aqua Cherry Blossom and @Staroceancrazy! Review: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS3 Retail) 631737971

Wow, a perfect score? This must be one awesome game, @Reanfan! By the way, how do you pronounce "Rean"? I'm thinking it's either (REEN) or (REE-un), but I've also considered (ree-AN). scratch

Staroceancrazy
@GeekyGamerZack it's pronounced (REEN) Exclamation

Clαππαd
@Reanfan Nice review boss!

@StarOceanCrazy @AquaCherryBlossom welcome back!

@GeekyGamerZack how do you @Mention a member with spaces in his or her username? Surprised

KeAfan7
@Clαππαd Thanks! Also in reference to your question to @GeekyGamerZack I'm also curious as I've forgotten how to do that...Embarassed

RyanNerdyGamer
@Clannad @Reanfan It's simple to do. Just type...
@ " Username "
...without spaces. Review: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS3 Retail) 631737971

Now I have a question: how do you type the pi symbol into a forum post...? scratch

KeAfan7
@GeekyGamerZack Lol what? scratch

SuperVash
Excellent review! Oh man this game sounds crazy good! Surprised

Golden Freiza
Booya! I totally agree with the score! Awesome review as always dude! Super Saiyen

ShanaNoShakugan
I love series your review so nice and fair. Smile

Warlock in love
Wow great review! Surprised

Megatron2000
Giant killer robots?!
Megatron adds game to his wishlist!
Megatron Excited/Sho

Marioman18
@Reanfan This game is awesome and I completely agree with your score! victory

Superst☆r
Coolio review!

Supertimbros
This sounds like an instant hit. I wonder why I haven't heard much about this game or series? Surprised

LordHoppingRage
On behalf of the infamous Lordjumpmad I must say he would approve of this diabolical review! Twisted Evil

Great job @Reanfan.

PhoenixSage
Nice review once again!

Nell TU
What an excellent review @Reanfan! Smile

KeAfan7
Thanks you guys! king

ToughGamer
Good review.

Fie Claussell
This is my second favourite 3D Trails game so far, with my favourite being Hajimari/Reverie! I remember being blown away by the freedom and scale of the game compared to the previous games in the series at the time! Awesome review yet again!  I love you

RyanNerdyGamer likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)