Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
silksofsweden
silksofsweden
ok time to review another game and this time its none other than mario party 8. now i just wanna warn you that this is just what i think of the game so dont get mad or anything. to begin with i expected mario party 8 to be awesome and amazing before it came out. once it got out it was a big disappointment and here is the reason why. enjoy

1. start up
well the start up is ok. its not that big diffrence from the other mario party other than you can hear each characters voice if you click on it.

2. gameplay
here is where the disappointment begins. first there are only 6 stages. second the items are a joke. it does not help you alot unlike the other mp games and 3rd the mini games are not that funny. why is there only 6 levels? mp 7 did that stupidity too but mp7 added something that cover it all. like i said the items are a joke. they dont help you enough and why does it look like candy? its ridiculous. the reason why they dont help is because some items you have to do a certain thing. its common that you have to hit a dice to see what you get but in this game you have to throw a dart and it result that you wont get anything. as for the mini games they are not many and most of them are ridiculous. there is one mini game where you have to move your remote up and down. it looks like you are w..king god dammit. but damn i havent even start talking about the game mode. in the game we all know that random things happens but in this its too random. most of the times nothing happens. omg why did they do that. mp8 is a mess. if it wasent for their eagerness of trying out the remote movement then it would be ok. in this game all you do is using the remote and it i cant stop it from saying but IT REALLY SUCKS

3. music
well the music is ok but i still prefare the other mp games music. this game does not have any unique music. not really

4. graphic
thats everything they been doing on the game. its like they spent so much time on graphic and wii remote that they forgot about the actual gameplay

5. fun factor
its not that funny. i had more fun playing the other mp games. and i know i mentioned it alot in this review but you wont notice it if you havent played the other mp games and try this. its a huge disappointment

final score: i give this game a 3/10 its not worth it. if you collect the mario party games then get it and leave it in your room. dont touch it. otherwise dont bother getting it. now this is just a rumor i heard so far but it was alot of talk that mp8 was such a huge floop that they might decide to stop making more mp games ever. so far it just a rumor and i dont know if it was true or not. i mean they did have to do it so badly. take a look on mario party ds. it uses stylus alot but even they manage it to make it good. so why couldnt mp 8 do the same. why did they make it look like you are masturbating at some mini game and losing interest. i cant take it anymore. this game offically sucks. avoid it

3- Bad This game is either a broken mess or has factors that ruin the gameplay to the point that it's almost Un-playable.

here is some screenshots

Review: Mario Party 8 (Wii Retail) - Page 2 509502-mario-party-8-wii-screenshot-a-typical-mario-party-stage-s

Review: Mario Party 8 (Wii Retail) - Page 2 Mario-Party-8_WII_US_ESRB-finalverboxart_160w

Review: Mario Party 8 (Wii Retail) - Page 2 Mario-party-1

Review: Mario Party 8 (Wii Retail) - Page 2 10

this is a silks of sweden review i hope you like it and like i said dont get angry or so. this is just my opinion. stay tuned for more  Mad

my friends code:
super smash bros brawl = 2838-4154-7461
mario kart wii = 2622-9874-2387
mario striker super charged = 3010-2663-2823

Review: Mario Party 8 (Wii Retail) - Page 2 Silks_11
Review: Mario Party 8 (Wii Retail) - Page 2 Orihim10
Review: Mario Party 8 (Wii Retail) - Page 2 Navi
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Marth
February 9th 2012, 8:01 pmMarth
Wow, I actually liked this game. Sad Sure, it wasn't the greatest, but I recall fun times with the hotel version and the train map. As for the 6 stage thing, it didn't bother me since a lot of other Mario Party games had a similar amount of stages. For me, it's about the mini-games, and these ones seemed to be mostly decent. Not a classic game or anything, but I still enjoyed it before selling it.
GhastlyRockets
February 9th 2012, 8:05 pmGhastlyRockets
Hahaha this seems more like a game bashing than a game review Laughing
silksofsweden
February 10th 2012, 9:52 amsilksofsweden
yeah but thats what happens man
Anonymous
August 27th 2012, 12:00 pmGuest
I agree with the people defending this game because it has some fun minigames to a point, but bad design and really bad controls made me hate Mario Party 8. Sad
silksofsweden
August 27th 2012, 12:04 pmsilksofsweden
ok thats what you think but i will still hate mario party 8
Anonymous
August 27th 2012, 12:13 pmGuest
I hate it too, maybe for different reasons, but that doesn't really change the fact that we both hate the game does it? Smile

I like your honesty most reviewers are afraid to look unprofessional so they candy coat how bad a game like this really is. Smile
silksofsweden
August 27th 2012, 12:18 pmsilksofsweden
i just tell my opinion. i want people to look up to the facts and try to understand the way i see games
Talesfanatic
August 27th 2012, 12:26 pmTalesfanatic
This is the black two-headed abomination of a sheep of the Mario Party series sure there are other bad Mario Party games, but this one is by far the worst. Mad
silksofsweden
August 27th 2012, 12:27 pmsilksofsweden
you damn right it is
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)