Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Dragon Rocks!

Dimps - Review: Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS3 Retail) 630x

Developed by Dimps and published by Namco Bandai, Dragon Ball Xenoverse is part JRPG, part fighter, and all fun! So what is so grand about Dragon Ball Xenoverse and what sets it apart from the countless other DBZ games that have been released over the years? The answer is just about everything! Continue reading our review to find out all the juicy details regarding this amazing PS3 and PS4 title!

The story in Dragon Ball Xenoverse is well-crafted and allows you to relive epic moments in the DBZ mythos in a completely new way. Without spoiling much of the plot, basically bad guys are altering history and it's up to you and Trunks to set things right! This gives a breath of fresh air that most DBZ titles have sorely lacked.

The gameplay is also rather refreshing with the ability to customize your avatar's attire, abilities, and move-set as well as boosting his or her stats after leveling up! The game allows you to create an avatar from one of five species, including Saiyans, Majins, and the Frieza race. Each species and or gender has unique strengths and weaknesses to employ or exploit which adds a layer of strategy when developing your character.

Overall the game is a fighter at heart, but it does have very heavy influences from the RPG genre which is what actually makes the game so darned good! Also the controls are very intuitive and easy to learn even for the most inexperienced players in the genre!

The online gameplay is quite solid despite lacking a virtual keyboard. You'll definitely want to invest in a headset if you plan to play with friends or for extended periods of time. The PS3 version's servers are surprisingly stable so don't expect to be kicked from the servers too frequently unless you have particularly unstable internet connection.

Dimps - Review: Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS3 Retail) 630x

The visuals are quite good for a PS3 title with excellently detailed character models, gorgeous cell shading, and a nearly flawless frame-rate even during the most hectic of battles! The sound-track is equally as good with some tunes straight from the Japanese version of the original anime series as well as the official voice actors from the anime!

Bottom-Line:

With excellent gameplay, a great story, and flawless controls Dragon Ball Xenoverse is a step above its predecessors while the superb audio-visual presentation and robust online gameplay will keep players entranced in the game's immersive world! Overall Dragon Ball Xenoverse is a fantastic game that we highly recommend to any fan of the genre or series!

Price: $29.99

Score: ★★★★★★★★★☆ 9/10

#PS3 #DBZ #Fighter #Review #NamcoBandai #Dimps

Last edited by Ichigofan on January 8th 2017, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dimps - Review: Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS3 Retail) 19654

Dimps - Review: Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS3 Retail) 87457210

Dimps - Review: Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS3 Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

Talesfanatic likes this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
January 8th 2017, 12:10 pmKeAfan7
This review is now live. Wink
Staroceancrazy
January 8th 2017, 3:54 pmStaroceancrazy
Awesome review milkdud Exclamation

That weird censorship bug is back. Dimps - Review: Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS3 Retail) 1625187496
Otaku
January 8th 2017, 6:52 pmOtaku
Awesome review my buddy! Very Happy
RyanNerdyGamer
January 8th 2017, 8:21 pmRyanNerdyGamer
I remember seeing the trailer for this on EBTV (EB Games' in-store video feed), and I found it rather interesting despite having little exposure to the Dragon Ball franchise as a whole. After reading your review, @Ichigofan, I'm eager to give this title a whirl once my family's wifi issues have been fixed! Dimps - Review: Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS3 Retail) 631737971
Neptune
September 15th 2017, 9:29 pmNeptune
Nice review! I love the amount of character customization that this game offers. Smile
Talesfanatic
August 2nd 2020, 9:31 amTalesfanatic
Great review!
KeAfan7
August 5th 2020, 10:52 amKeAfan7
Thanks for the feedback! You guys rock! king
RyanNerdyGamer
August 5th 2020, 4:42 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Well, this is a past from the blast, innit? It's been many a moon since you went by Ichigofan. Wink

And... now I suddenly have a craving for a strawberry smoothie. Darn it. lol!

Aqua Cherry Blossom likes this post

Aqua Cherry Blossom
June 10th 2022, 6:50 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
@Towafan7 Nice retro review lol. Joking aside it's been a longtime since you went by ichigofan as @TheRealSquigley said. And now I want a strawberry parfait! Drool
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)