Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gamergy
Gamergy
Polished bricks

From first glance at screenshots of Brick Breaker, you may roll your eyes and say “really, another breakout clone?” but there’s actually some good fun to be had in this polished, but simple, game. The easiest way to describe it is you try and keep the ball in play with the paddle and avoiding letting it fall past you. There’s honestly not much more to it than that, it’s very casual.

Review: Brick Breaker (NA Region) (Wii U eShop) Maxresdefault

First off, the graphics for Brick Breaker look pretty cool; it’s what breakout wished it could look like in the 70s. Sure there’s not a ton of graphics on screen, but for what there is in the graphics department it’s pretty cool.

The music is one of my favorite parts of Brick Breaker. It fits the arcade-style mood the gameplay has, and fits with the graphics nicely. However my personal favorite part about Brick Breaker had to be the multiplayer. In fact without the multiplayer Brick Buster would’ve gotten a much lower score.

The multiplayer is surprisingly fun for a casual game such as Brick Breaker. The three multiplayer modes included in game are decent at worst and a blast at best. You’re not going to find the depth of, say, Super Smash Bros. in Brick Breaker but it’s easy to pick up, and would be a cheap, go-to for family gatherings.

Review: Brick Breaker (NA Region) (Wii U eShop) WiiUDS_BrickBreaker_05_mediaplayer_large

The problem with Brick Breaker is that while it’s like an upgraded version of Breakout, it’s still not the most in-depth or most creative game on Wii U and will probably not be for most of the console’s owners. You may grow bored with it after a couple hours, and the only feature that will bring you back to it is the multiplayer. In fact, the single player is quite dull, and I would guess most won’t want to play it more than a few rounds.

Even as someone who loves in-depth gameplay like in Xenoblade Chronicles X or Smash Bros, I still found Brick Breaker fun for what it is. You probably won’t want to pay $5 considering there are great indie games like Spy Chameleon for the same price, but I would recommend getting it on sale or if you’re trying to find a budget party game for the family. Just don’t expect too much more than an upgraded, multiplayer version of breakout.

Score: 6.5/10

Main Pros: Fun multiplayer, music is good, graphics crisp looking

Main Cons: Single-player dull, not a big attention-holder
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

TheGingerDoctor
October 10th 2016, 2:07 pmTheGingerDoctor
Really, another Breakout clone? Razz

Haha, just kidding! Nice review, @Gamergy! Review: Brick Breaker (NA Region) (Wii U eShop) 631737971
KeAfan7
October 11th 2016, 10:58 amKeAfan7
@Gamergy Thanks for reviewing the NA version of the game! Wink
Staroceancrazy
October 11th 2016, 5:47 pmStaroceancrazy
@Gamergy Awesome review! Cool
Warlock in love
June 22nd 2018, 1:40 pmWarlock in love
@Gamergy Great review!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments