Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An Adventure To The Maxia!

Retail - Review: Tales of Xillia (PS3 Retail) 630x10

Developed by Tales Team and published by Bandai Namco, Tales of Xillia is a relatively recent title in the long-running and fairly popular Tales of series. While it doesn't quite live up to the high standards Tales of The Abyss and Tales of Vesperia set, it's still quite an enjoyable action JRPG!

The story is actually one of the strong points of Xillia with many excellent plot-twists and curveballs thrown you'll be left guessing what's next! The game also lets you choose your main character, each of the two characters has a slightly different story similar to how Star Ocean: The Second Story utilizes the very same feature!

Retail - Review: Tales of Xillia (PS3 Retail) 630x11

The game is fairly short by the series standards and can be beaten within 50-60 hours on your first playthrough. The game utilizes the same combat formula the Tales of series is famous for and tweaks it a bit with the link system and a skill tree to buildup your characters however you want to!

The game is fairly light on puzzle solving which depending on your personal tastes could be either a good or bad thing. An interesting new feature is that you actually have to level-up shops to get better prices and unlock new products by donating money and materials. Lastly the characters are extremely likeable in Tales of Xillia and character development is done right!

Retail - Review: Tales of Xillia (PS3 Retail) 630x12

Visually the game looks nice especially the animated cut-scenes, however the many fields and dungeons look too similar to one-another which feels rather lazy, though the main towns look nice. The ports also have the same problem with all of them looking identical to each other. The characters and enemies on the other hand are varied and look excellent. The soundtrack is also very well-done and fits the game quite well!

Bottom-Line:

With excellent gameplay, a great story, and a fantastic audio presentation, Tales of Xillia is a great PS3 action-rpg that fans of the series and genre should truly enjoy, however the lack of creativity in the games fields and dungeons really hold this game back on a visual standpoint, however we still highly recommend this game!

Price: $19.99.

Score: ★★★★★★★★½☆ 8.5/10

#Review #TalesOfXillia #JRPG #BandaiNamco #PS3 #Retail #PSN

Last edited by Ichigofan on September 9th 2016, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Retail - Review: Tales of Xillia (PS3 Retail) 19654

Retail - Review: Tales of Xillia (PS3 Retail) 87457210

Retail - Review: Tales of Xillia (PS3 Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

Amufungal and Talesfanatic like this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

RyanNerdyGamer
September 9th 2016, 5:03 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Is it (ZIL-ee-uh) or (SHIL-ee-uh)? Nice review as always, @Ichigofan! Retail - Review: Tales of Xillia (PS3 Retail) 631737971

KeAfan7
September 9th 2016, 7:16 pmKeAfan7
@GeekyGamerZack Thanks! To answer your question, it's pronounced (ZIL-ee-uh). Wink

Tinglemaster
September 12th 2016, 11:34 amTinglemaster
Great review Ichi! Very Happy

DigiDestined
September 20th 2016, 11:47 amDigiDestined
Nice review @Ichigofan! =)

Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
September 21st 2016, 10:49 amRena Ryuugu Fanboy
This is much better than Zesteria yuck. My favorite PS3 Tales game is Tales of Graces! Oh but awesome review Ichigo! Very Happy

Retro Gamer
September 22nd 2016, 12:05 amRetro Gamer
@GeekyGamerZack Are you going to review any Playstation games? I wonder who is going to review the first PSOne or PS2 Classic? Retail - Review: Tales of Xillia (PS3 Retail) 631737971

@Ichigofan Awesome review bud! Cool

KeAfan7
September 22nd 2016, 12:09 amKeAfan7
@Retro Gamer Hopefully @GeekyGamerZack will! Wink

Edit: Thanks for all of the kind comments you guys and gals! Happy

RyanNerdyGamer
September 22nd 2016, 12:38 amRyanNerdyGamer
@Retro Gamer I'd love to review some PS4 and Vita games (I don't currently own a PS3, so PS2 Classics aren't an option right now). I'm looking to pick up a new tablet next month, which I intend to be my primary source for writing, as well as a large memory card for my Vita console, so I should be able to do at least one detailed review every month.

One of the first reviews I'd like to write is for the PS4 version of Skylanders Imaginators, as I've preordered the special Starter Pack that includes Crash Bandicoot and Dr. Neo Cortex, and I'm itching to share my thoughts on what is shaping up to be the best Skylanders experience yet!

Oh yeah, and if you happen to receive any Aussie-compatible review codes for PS4 and/or Vita games, @Ichigofan, I'm more than willing to review a few of those as well. Thanks in advance! Retail - Review: Tales of Xillia (PS3 Retail) 631737971

KeAfan7
September 22nd 2016, 11:36 amKeAfan7
@GeekyGamerZack Some of them?! If I send you any codes you'll have to review 'em all! Razz

RyanNerdyGamer
September 22nd 2016, 2:41 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@Ichigofan I know that, I just didn't want to be pushy and expect to receive every single review code that you have, hence the reason I requested only a few of them. I apologise for not being clear. Embarassed

KeAfan7
September 24th 2016, 11:46 pmKeAfan7
@GeekyGamerZack That smiley is one of the broken ones. Also no worries I already knew, I was just kidding. Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
September 25th 2016, 5:41 amRyanNerdyGamer
@Ichigofan Oh, my bad. Retail - Review: Tales of Xillia (PS3 Retail) 1625187496

Megatron2000
April 18th 2017, 11:39 amMegatron2000
Megatron approves Megatron Happy

Talesfanatic
August 15th 2020, 1:10 amTalesfanatic
Good review @Towafan7!