View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
View user profile

Re: ios Mario :(

on September 11th 2016, 5:40 pm
@Ichigofan. So what about games like Mario Maker 3DS, the new Pikmin game, Picross 3D 2, Yoshi's Woolly World 3DS, Mario Sports Superstars or Paper Mario Colour Splash that have been announced in recent Directs. Looks like Nintendo isn't forgetting us. Or what about recent games like Kirby Planet Robobot or Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. Not to mention games like Pokemon Sun/Moon and a huge Zelda games that is coming up, let alone the NX. Who knows what that will bring. They just explore multiple options to release games on and earn some extra cash.

It's one game that is a perfect fit for a phone too. I think it wouldn't even work that well on a 3DS (since the 3DS has buttons, you want something more complex to do with it). It's a more simplistic take on a Mario game. There is no end of Nintendo. It would be a different story if Nintendo would have cancelled Pokemon Sun/Moon because of the succes of Pokemon Go. But it is still on the upcoming 3DS games list and more information is coming out every week. I think the future of Nintendo will be just fine. Enjoy Mario Run, or don't play it.

@Minato, of course I can't talk from your experience with the people you talk too, but the numbers don't lie. After the release of Pokemon Go, sales for X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire peaked. New players are curious about Pokemon and you just can't play Pokemon Go while sitting on the couch. Pokemon Go isn't even comparable with a game like Pokemon Moon/Sun. Just like Mario Run, it is a simplistic take on the Pokemon franchise, mixed with a game type that has been around for a while but only now done succesfully thanks to the name attached. I expect the same thing with Mario Run. People getting interested, and buying a 3DS/WiiU/NX to discover the more complex and well-fleshed out games.

If you don't explore other options and go with the times, you will lose. I work for a company that used to sell only computers and computer parts. Now we also sell household items, bbq's, mechanical tools and even toys. Other companies that kept focusing on computers parts are mostly out of business.

on September 11th 2016, 8:03 pm
@SNEAKER I get Nintendos plan and hopes it works out for them, its just I also work in retail and know how too many people think nowadays, Ill gladly take being wrong though

My friend code for Switch is 4836-8689-6666 if anyone has a Switch and wants to add me.
NINTENDO please get your Virtual Console on Switch sorted soon and make sure WiiU and 3DS owners can at the very least get a discount on games we already own. (Though free is better) I want Earthbound anywhere, Xenoblade X anywhere and Bayonetta anywhere! I want all my games anywhere!
Admin
View user profile

on September 12th 2016, 11:20 am
@Sneaker Super Mario Maker 3DS and Yoshi's Woolly World don't count since they're ports of games developed during Iwata-san's era. Honestly how can't you tell that the quality of Nintendo games has been lowered in the past year? They aren't horrible, but they are for the most part 6/10-7/10 material rather than 9/10-10/10 like they used to be before Kimishima started influencing Nintendo to maximize profits rather than focusing on quality software. Neutral

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

on September 12th 2016, 11:28 am
@Sneaker I agree with @Minato and @Ichigofan Nintendo is walking a dangerous path of greed and the reduced quality is the end result. dizzy
Admin
View user profile

on October 11th 2016, 6:24 pm
Yeah, it's a very dangerous path, plus we still don't know a single lick of info about NX and Wii U has been pretty much abandoned. It feels like Nintendo has just given up and isn't even motivated to show its fans what's NeXt...

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum