Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Go down
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

Road to Crystals of Silveria II: Regular Production Update Thread - Page 1 Empty Re: Road to Crystals of Silveria II: Regular Production Update Thread

July 19th 2016, 4:33 pm
Production is on a temporary hiatus as I recover from a cold (one of the many joys of the winter months Razz ), but I'd still like to post an update regardless. The pilots of Mask of Akanius, Flight of Indigo and Shell of Thal are all complete, and I am currently working out how to kick off each season. I may post two back-to-back episodes each scheduled day during the first week of "broadcasting", followed by one new episode each scheduled day after that. Just to remind everyone, new episodes of Mask of Akanius are broadcast on Mondays, Flight of Indigo on Wednesdays and Shell of Thal on Fridays.

By the way, here's the current production schedule:

Mask of Akanius
E03 Akanian Origin
E04 Akanian Tournament
S01 Zokugeminan Quest
E05 Aoinian Rebel
E06 Midonian Outcast

Flight of Indigo
E03 Talya
E04 Chuck
S01 Arch
E05 Stratis
E06 Katréne

Shell of Thal
E03 Lapis Seeing You
E04 I was Garnet Tell You
S01 Citrine of the Sands
E05 The Turquoise Pearl
E06 Truly Tourmaline
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!

Road to Crystals of Silveria II: Regular Production Update Thread - Page 1 Empty Re: Road to Crystals of Silveria II: Regular Production Update Thread

July 21st 2016, 7:02 pm
I'm currently working on remastering Akanian Knights, the pilot of Mask of Akanius, in order to bring it up-to-date with the current episode plan (not to mention recent updates to the official Dracromia-Metaligon Campaign Setting guidebook, also written by me). Here are some of the changes being made:

•The episode has been divided into two clearly-defined parts, with scene numbers in the second part updated to match
•Some place names have been altered to match the Draconic language's current form: Munthrek is now Hitorelm ("human lands"), Tundarus is now Yamanort ("tall mountain") and Wievalia is now Moriddia ("lush forest")
•The number of Drachomus Empires is now fifteen, with the addition of the chartreuse, aqua, azure and pink drachomi; the brown drachomi have been substituted for the crystal drachomi, who have their own land which is neutral to the conflict
•There are hints at the season's "antagonist" right from the second episode
•Finally, the titular Mask of Akanius has ten fragments rather than twelve, though it also has an eleventh piece that is...oops, spoilers! Wink
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

July 23rd 2016, 5:35 am
Well, the remastering of Crystals of Silveria has begun. It is the definitive experience of the first season, and includes cleaned-up dialogue and additional scenes, plus synopses for episodes that originally lacked them, such as E02 The Seventh Crystal, Part II and E04 The Shrouding Storm. Look forward to these episodes being added to a special "Chromaicora Adventures Boxed Set" thread, with links to every single episode and feature! Road to Crystals of Silveria II: Regular Production Update Thread - Page 1 631737971
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

July 25th 2016, 2:03 am
In anticipation of the unveiling of Mask of Akanius, Flight of Indigo and Shell of Thal, I've been considering a possible sneak peek of the next seasons of the show. What does this mean? Well, only that all three pilots will be uploaded early, well before the seasons' actual debuts! Isn't that exciting?

Also, I'm still busy getting the remaster of Crystals of Silveria finished, followed by an upload to WiiWareWave, complete with links in the new Chromaicora Adventures Boxed Set thread for easy access any time. Hopefully, that should tide everyone over until the newest batch of eps is unveiled, which I'm aiming to begin uploading in August. Stay tuned! Road to Crystals of Silveria II: Regular Production Update Thread - Page 1 631737971
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

July 27th 2016, 12:56 am
Most of the changes in Crystals of Silveria Remastered are relatively minor: a fixed bit of grammar here, a slightly-rephrased piece of dialogue there...but I'm also adding-in a number of subtle clues as to what might be in the upcoming Crystals of Silveria II. Can you find them all? Wink

Also, it has bugged me that the episode The Other Lackeys finishes without explaining how Emily, Brocc and Kendall reunited with the party, yet the whole team (minus Zed, for obvious reasons) is suddenly back together in the very next episode. This is something that I intend to address in the remastered version, so expect a little lovey-dovey in this bonus scene! I love you

To wrap up this update, I will be writing a second volume of Spoilerific Super-Shorts very soon, which will include more tidbits of future plots in the Chromaicora Adventures, as well as a brand-new Super-Short entitled Brockie See, Brockie Do. What is it about? Well, Brocc, obviously! Stay tuned! Road to Crystals of Silveria II: Regular Production Update Thread - Page 1 631737971
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

July 31st 2016, 2:54 pm
In the lead-up to the official launch of Mask of Akanius, Flight of Indigo and Shell of Thal, I'm looking to upload at least one episode of Crystals Remastered every single day for two weeks. If you have yet to experience the first installment of the Chromaicora Adventures, or if you're looking to experience an updated version of the season you know and enjoy, now's the perfect time to do so. Look out for E01 & E02 The Seventh Crystal, Parts I and II soon!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

August 11th 2016, 9:46 pm
In the lead-up to @BurstDashV8's visit later this month, I have been swamped with getting things ready. I've strived to work on some Chromaicora Adventures content every now and then, but I'm undoubtedly behind schedule and don't expect to start the next seasons when I wanted to do so. This means that the season débuts are unlikely to be uploaded until at least next month.

What I have managed to do, however, is finish a brand-new episode of Mask of Akanius, Akanian Origin, which details part of Alph's backstory. I have also completed five episodes of The First Pendulum, a sort-of prequel to Crystals of Silveria that serves as an origin story for Zed. If you haven't read it yet, please do so. You'll enjoy it*!

Speaking of Crystals, the remaster is proceeding nicely, with over half the season updated. I'm also considering a name change for multiple episodes, with each title starting with "The", since most episodes start with this prefix. Here are the titles that need revising:

E03 Bright Lights, Big Citadel (renamed "The Magical Academy")
E05 Call of the Wild and Trained (renamed "The Aquatic Horse")
E09 My Sister's Footsteps (renamed "The Elder Sibling")
E10 Memories of Ryokoro (renamed "The Shugenja Duel")
E11 I Dream of Jen (re-renamed "The Other Lackeys")
E12 The Sands of Awakening (renamed "The Axian Outpost")
E13 Of She-Orcs and Men (renamed "The Lonely Orcborn")
E14 Emily's Homecoming (renamed "The Royal Homecoming")
E16&17 Icon of Junihoshi, Parts I and II (renamed "The Icon of Junihoshi")

I hope you're looking forward to these remastered episodes! Road to Crystals of Silveria II: Regular Production Update Thread - Page 1 631737971

*I can't guarantee that you'll definitely enjoy it, though, since everyone's tastes in fiction are different.
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

September 26th 2016, 12:39 am
Hi all! GeekyGamerZack here with yet another (long-overdue) project update. I am looking at obtaining some new hardware in the middle of next month, meaning that I can once again resume episode production of Crystals Remastered and the next three seasons.

Because it's been a while since the previous update, I've decided to let you in on a few tidbits of information relating to Mask of Akanius, Flight of Indigo and Shell of Thal, which you can find in the spoiler tags below (there may be a few spoilers amongst them, so I'm using them as a courtesy to those who'd rather wait for the actual débuts). In this post, it's info on Mask of Akanius. Enjoy! Road to Crystals of Silveria II: Regular Production Update Thread - Page 1 631737971
Mask of Akanius:
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

October 1st 2016, 6:20 pm
I have started to work out details for a new side-project I like to call Origins of the Crystalbound, a webseries that explores certain details relating to the Silverian Crystals, including how they ended up in the mysterious luminelven citadel from which Amethyst hails, as well as how they ended up with many of the original Crystalbound as seen in Crystals of Silveria. I'm looking to write twelve parts of this important piece of Crystals lore, so expect the first webisode very soon! Road to Crystals of Silveria II: Regular Production Update Thread - Page 1 631737971
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

March 18th 2017, 7:29 pm
It's been a while since my previous update in this thread (upload announcements generally end up in the Boxed Set thread, whereas this one's for production announcements), so I thought I'd share some of what's been happening in regards to producing new content.

In a recent update to the Boxed Set, I've divided the seasons into various "sagas", which group together five seasons that each share a similarly-themed plot. The first one, the Pendulum Saga, starts with Crystals of Silveria Remastered, which sets the stage for the other seasons in the saga and details how the series in general progresses. Here's a rough timeline of when the events of each season in the saga take place (I tried to remove any spoilers, though I've provided a spoiler tag just in case):
Spoiler:
I hope you enjoyed this update! Road to Crystals of Silveria II: Regular Production Update Thread - Page 1 631737971
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

April 20th 2017, 1:18 am
Wow, another long gap between updates...nonetheless, I have been working behind-the-scenes to produce more content for the series, so here's the latest.

As many of you know, I wanted to start the episode schedule this month, but due to some technical issues with my Office 365 subscription on iTunes, I've been unable to finish writing any other eps for a while. Nonetheless, I have uploaded the pilots of Mask of Akanius, Flight of Indigo and Shell of Thal, which you can find in the boxed set thread. They each provide a look at what to expect in those seasons, setting up many of the major characters and plots, as any good pilot does. Just don't point out the fact that the plot of Flight of Indigo revolves around someone who aspires to BE a pilot! Razz

I'm also ready to begin pre-planning of the second part of the Origin of Zed webserieses...es...which is entitled The Silver Dragon Blade. It won't kick off until at least some point during the current seasons of the show, as it ties into the plot of one of them, but it is essential reading if you want more info on Zed's backstory. The Silver Dragon Blade is comprised of twelve webisodes, which are followed by an "extended cut" that includes some additional scenes. The extended cut of the first chapter, The Water Pendulum, is available to read in the boxed set, but I advise that you read Crystals of Silveria Remastered and Tide of a New Beginning first, as there are spoilers contained within.

Okay, that's all for this update. Stay tuned for more details! Road to Crystals of Silveria II: Regular Production Update Thread - Page 1 631737971
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)