Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everybody Phone Home...

review - Review: Steel Rivals (Wii U eShop) 885x14

Here it is! Our 500th review and Steel Rivals is a truly epic title in our books, but for none of the right reasons! Continue reading the rest of our review to find out why we aren't very fond of Steel Rivals!

Developed and published by nuGAME the gameplay in Steel Rivals is straightforward and relatively simple, there are several modes including tournament and free battle. The tournament mode is actually decent in its mechanics, however this is the only good aspect of the game. The game lacks any sort of story mode which is a shame. There are some unlockable skins for the characters in the game, but overall there's not much of an incentive to master Steel Rivals.

The characters are so broken in-terms of balance with two character types, ones with weapons and ones without. Weapon wielding characters have a huge advantage in-terms of speed which completely ruins any balance between the various characters in the game.

review - Review: Steel Rivals (Wii U eShop) 885x15

The controls are an absolute disaster in Steel Rivals as there were many occasions where the blocking and attack buttons were unresponsive while at the same time the enemy A.I. made no mistakes whatsoever which meant that a dreaded game over was almost a guarantee.

The visuals are also atrociously bad, as the 3D character models look like bizarre mannequins with pseudo realistic faces and plastic skin. The backgrounds are better, but are quite drab and uninspiring. The sound effects are also lackluster with an equally boring soundtrack.

review - Review: Steel Rivals (Wii U eShop) 885x16

Bottom-Line:

With mediocre gameplay, broken controls and A.I., a total lack of a story mode, and an atrocious audio-visual presentation, Steel Rivals is quite possibly the worst game that we've ever reviewed and should be avoided at all costs. If you do download the game you should expect an E.T. level experience...

Price: £5.99/€6.99/$6.99

Score: ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 0.5/10

#Review #NuGames #WiiU #eShop #Bad #Fighter

review - Review: Steel Rivals (Wii U eShop) 19654

review - Review: Steel Rivals (Wii U eShop) 87457210

review - Review: Steel Rivals (Wii U eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Staroceancrazy
April 12th 2016, 3:26 pmStaroceancrazy
Yikes I'm glad that I didn't download this game Exclamation
Staroceancrazy
April 12th 2016, 3:27 pmStaroceancrazy
Congratulations for reaching 500 reviews @WiiWareWave! Very Happy
Gekkouga-Senpai
April 12th 2016, 11:49 pmGekkouga-Senpai
No way am I ever downloading this game. I don't even care if your review is way too harsh, this game is definitely a stinker! pale
Awesome review! Very Happy
SKTTR
April 13th 2016, 2:41 amSKTTR
I think, with 16 different characters and ok graphics, no freezing issues, and a multiplayer for drunk parties this at least has some effort put into it and there's silly (unbalanced) fun to be found. I don't think it's the worst eShop game... Even though I haven't played Steel Rivals it seems easy to find many eShop games that are worse. For a 6,99€ fighter it may be well under par, but not a new record low on this website, at least coming from the gameplay videos I watched.
KeAfan7
April 13th 2016, 11:55 amKeAfan7
@SKTTR It plays alot worse than it appears to when watching someone play it. Sad
KingreX32
April 14th 2016, 4:33 pmKingreX32
The People on N4G are loving this review.
KeAfan7
April 14th 2016, 5:58 pmKeAfan7
@KingreX32 Could you post the link? Wink
Talesfanatic
April 16th 2016, 6:42 pmTalesfanatic
@SKTTR Steel Rivals is so bad! You should listen to @Ichigofan.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)