Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shallow Shadowy Platforming...

eshop - Review: Shadow Puppeteer (Wii U eShop) Wiiu_s39

Developed by Sarepta Studio and published by Snow Cannon Games Shadow Puppeteer is a 3D platformer that has some very unique gameplay and an excellent co-op mode, however it is marred by seriously repetitive gameplay, but is the repetition enough to make us not recommend the game? We don't think so and here's why:

The gameplay in Shadow Puppeteer is relatively unique, you must team up with the protagonists shadow in order to solve puzzles and progress through the platforming stages. The protagonist must traverse through a 3D plane whereas his shadow must navigate a 2D plane as he can only travel across the walls in most situations.

eshop - Review: Shadow Puppeteer (Wii U eShop) 630x43

The co-op is where this game truly shines and it's quite enjoyable. One player controls the protagonist, while the other controls his shadow overall the game is much more enjoyable when playing with a friend! The game does have issues though such as repetitious stages and puzzles which really hurt the game overall.

The controls in the game are fairly solid, however it's quite challenging to control both characters at once in single-player mode. Visually the game is really good looking, especially the animated cutscenes which look amazing! The character models are fairly unique as well, but the stages themselves are a bit bland looking which is a bit disappointing. In-terms of audio the game's sound effects are fairly good and the music also fits the game very well! Overall the audio-visual presentation in Shadow Puppeteer is great!

eshop - Review: Shadow Puppeteer (Wii U eShop) 630x44

Bottom-Line:

With solid gameplay that is quite unique, fantastic co-op, and a great audio-visual presentation, Shadow Puppeteer has its moments and can be a very fun game, however sometimes confusing controls and repetitious gameplay really hold the game back, but overall we give Shadow Puppeteer a solid recommendation!

Price: £13.49/€14.99/$14.99

Score: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ 7/10

#Review #WiiU #eShop #SnowCannonGames #SareptaStudio #Nindie

eshop - Review: Shadow Puppeteer (Wii U eShop) 19654

eshop - Review: Shadow Puppeteer (Wii U eShop) 87457210

eshop - Review: Shadow Puppeteer (Wii U eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Zatchbell
February 8th 2016, 11:26 pmZatchbell
First! Nice review man!
ShounenMania
February 13th 2016, 11:11 pmShounenMania
Great review @Ichigofan! eshop - Review: Shadow Puppeteer (Wii U eShop) 631737971
KeAfan7
February 14th 2016, 2:03 amKeAfan7
@DBZmania Thanks! Welcome back dude. Wink
LizofDoom
February 15th 2016, 1:01 pmLizofDoom
Good review!
Aqua Cherry Blossom
February 15th 2016, 6:47 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile
I have this game and it's superb.
SKTTR
February 15th 2016, 8:48 pmSKTTR
I completed this game 100% in 7h22m. Smile Love the dark fisher village atmosphere and the beautiful music. The levels are nicely compact, welldesigned and never feel too long.
Controls are simple enough for controlling two characters at once, however the collision detection, camera, and physics can get iffy occasionally.
I only had some minor glitches, nothing gamebreaking. The game didn't run smooth all the time and it could really use a bit of finetuning, but even in it's present state I found it an addicting and enjoyable little puzzle platformer.
The developers informed people on Miiverse that they work on an update for better stability and bugfixes.

For all that effort and love to detail put into this game (almost a retail-game like presentation), and for how enjoyable it was puzzling your way to the exit and exploring the stages for orbs, and for thanking the devs that they put it on sale so soon and still work on it to make it better, I give it an 8/10.
KeAfan7
February 15th 2016, 9:30 pmKeAfan7
@SKTTR Thanks for sharing your opinion. Wink
Clαππαd
February 16th 2016, 12:30 amClαππαd
SKTTR wrote:I completed this game 100% in 7h22m. Smile Love the dark fisher village atmosphere and the beautiful music. The levels are nicely compact, welldesigned and never feel too long.
Controls are simple enough for controlling two characters at once, however the collision detection, camera, and physics can get iffy occasionally.
I only had some minor glitches, nothing gamebreaking. The game didn't run smooth all the time and it could really use a bit of finetuning, but even in it's present state I found it an addicting and enjoyable little puzzle platformer.
The developers informed people on Miiverse that they work on an update for better stability and bugfixes.

For all that effort and love to detail put into this game (almost a retail-game like presentation), and for how enjoyable it was puzzling your way to the exit and exploring the stages for orbs, and for thanking the devs that they put it on sale so soon and still work on it to make it better, I give it an 8/10.
@SKTTR I agree!
I loved this game from beginning to end. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)