Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turn-Based Space Exploration!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eshop - Review: Nova-111 (Wii U eShop) 630x23

Space, the final frontier! A normally lonely place devoid of any life besides some vacuum-resistant bacteria, however in the wacky universe of Nova-111 this is far from being true! You must rescue scientists and avoid objects and terrifying space monsters in a turn-based fashion. This is one heck of a unique title that we thoroughly enjoyed, but how does Funktronic Labs' space adventure stack up against eShop greats such as Shovel Knight and Freedom Planet? Keep reading to find out!

eshop - Review: Nova-111 (Wii U eShop) 630x24

Nova-111 is quite an unusual beast in that it is part puzzler, part adventure, and part strategy title with a dash of RPG thrown into the mix. In Nova-111 you control a ship that is on a rescue mission to save other scientists that are scattered throughout certain areas in space. You move in a grid and each time you move is considered a turn. In some cases you'll want to destroy enemies, but in others you'll want to strategically avoid them to avoid certain death.

eshop - Review: Nova-111 (Wii U eShop) 630x25

The overall length of the game is decent enough and the difficulty is somewhat challenging later on in the game, but nothing really had us stumped in this game. The Gamepad features in Nova-111 are excellent, although they pale in comparison to the brilliant use in Affordable Space Adventures.

Visually the game looks great! It isn't going to knock anyone's socks off, but the art-direction is still superb. The soundtrack is excellent and really adds to Nova-111's atmosphere. Overall the audio-visual presentation is amazing!

eshop - Review: Nova-111 (Wii U eShop) 630x26

Bottom-Line:

With excellent gameplay, great use of the Wii U Gamepad, and a superb audio-visual presentation Nova-111 is a great game that will provide gamers with hours of fun! We definitely recommend the game to all fans of the strategy genre!

Price: $10.99/£11.99/€13.99

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8/10

#WiiU #Strategy #eShop #SpaceAliens #TurnBased

eshop - Review: Nova-111 (Wii U eShop) 19654

eshop - Review: Nova-111 (Wii U eShop) 87457210

eshop - Review: Nova-111 (Wii U eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Grumblevolcano
January 12th 2016, 5:45 pmGrumblevolcano
This game was fairly decent in my opinion. Great review @Ichigofan.
ToughGamer
January 12th 2016, 6:00 pmToughGamer
Good review.
WilliamFrankLepleyIII
January 13th 2016, 2:09 pmWilliamFrankLepleyIII
Ichigofan wrote:"A normally lonely place devoid of any life besides some vacuum-resistant bacteria,"

I thought that was the perfect way to begin this review.

Last edited by WilliamFrankLepleyIII on February 21st 2016, 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Bit-Trip
January 15th 2016, 12:41 pmBit-Trip
WilliamFrankLepleyIII wrote:
Ichigofan wrote:A normally lonely place devoid of any life besides some vacuum-resistant bacteria,"

Agreed! I read your forum thread and while I think you might need psychiatric aid, it is great to see that you're still alive and kicking. Whatever your issues are physical or mental I pray that you get the help that you need so you can start truly living again. Smile
Ragnarok
January 15th 2016, 1:46 pmRagnarok
Bit-Trip wrote:
WilliamFrankLepleyIII wrote:
Ichigofan wrote:A normally lonely place devoid of any life besides some vacuum-resistant bacteria,"

Agreed! I read your forum thread and while I think you might need psychiatric aid, it is great to see that you're still alive and kicking. Whatever your issues are physical or mental I pray that you get the help that you need so you can start truly living again. Smile
Lol 100x this!
WilliamFrankLepleyIII
February 20th 2016, 5:42 pmWilliamFrankLepleyIII
Bit-Trip wrote:I read your forum thread and while I think you might need psychiatric aid, it is great to see that you're still alive and kicking. Whatever your issues are physical or mental I pray that you get the help that you need so you can start truly living again. Smile

Thank you, my friend. I really appreciate that, @Bit-Trip. Although, I will need much more than prayers to survive this, my friend. I have already had three separate psychiatric evaluations in the past year, and the medications I was prescribed had absolutely no effect on me. Ultimately, I will have no chance at survival, if the U.S. government and or the OPTN/UNOS deny me the organ transplantation I would need to survive because of my brain's condition. There's nothing I would want more than to return to my old self again, and begin discussing video games everyday with all of you on WiiWareWave, just like I always used to. But without my candidacy for the extensive organ transplantation I would need to survive, I will most likely be put to death in a hospital or laboratory somewhere. That's why I had the nerve to mention a petition for my survival.

Last edited by WilliamFrankLepleyIII on February 20th 2016, 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
WilliamFrankLepleyIII
February 20th 2016, 6:02 pmWilliamFrankLepleyIII
Ragnarok wrote:
Bit-Trip wrote:Agreed! I read your forum thread and while I think you might need psychiatric aid, it is great to see that you're still alive and kicking. Whatever your issues are physical or mental I pray that you get the help that you need so you can start truly living again. Smile
Lol 100x this!

@Ragnarok
There's nothing I would want more than to return to my old self again, and begin posting everyday on WiiWareWave, just like I always used to. If you've actually had time to read through that topic I created then you already know what happened to my entire collection of Nintendo video games. I had so many Wii VC, WiiWare, 3DS retail, 3DS eShop, 3DS VC, WiiU retail, and WiiU eShop games downloaded that I could never get back without my physical recovery. Well, except for all of the WiiWare games I had, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Wii VC).
WilliamFrankLepleyIII
February 23rd 2016, 7:37 pmWilliamFrankLepleyIII
I sure am going to miss you guys... Sad
KeAfan7
February 24th 2016, 11:29 amKeAfan7
@WilliamFrankLepleyIII I'm going to miss you too, my friend. Crying or Very sad
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)