Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Big Update, Possible Direct!

Breaking News: 3DS 10.0.0 System Update Now Available! New3ds10

WiiWareWave member @Kushina sent us a news tip earlier that a major 3DS system was incoming and it turns out she was correct! The 3DS OS is now at version 10.0.0-27 and major behind the scenes updates to the system's security functionality as well as a significant boost to the system's processors! Most games now load at least twice as fast and in-game loading screens are much shorter even on the 2DS!

Could this boost in stability be the precursor to new VC systems for the 3DS? Only time will tell, but there's a rumoured Nintendo Direct that could be happening on Thursday! The source of this rumour is Famitsu so it does seem plausible that the rumour is true.

What do you think of this latest update? Let us know in our comments below!

Update: For those wondering the update is no longer available at the moment so it seems Nintendo accidentally released the system update a bit early. Though it seems likely that it'll be available again right after this afternoon's eShop maintenance.

Another Update: The update is now officially available globally!

Last edited by Ichigofan on September 9th 2015, 1:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Breaking News: 3DS 10.0.0 System Update Now Available! 19654

Breaking News: 3DS 10.0.0 System Update Now Available! 87457210

Breaking News: 3DS 10.0.0 System Update Now Available! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
It would be great! Of course a lot of people already know what I want most out of this Very Happy end region lock or Crossbuy... Or both
RyanNerdyGamer
September 8th 2015, 5:50 pmRyanNerdyGamer
To sum it up in one word, FGFVVGHFHJVMLHJFDJDHFNCBJNRDHP!! Shocked
KeAfan7
Update: For those wondering the update is no longer available at the moment so it seems Nintendo accidentally released the system update a bit early. Though it seems likely that it'll be available again right after this afternoon's eShop maintenance.
Ragnarok
Woo the big 10.0.0 update is finally here!
KokorOtaku
@Rukia I got mine updated! yet see nothing ATM... though Thursday could be a possibility, plus Japan is about to get their VC titles tonight soon
RyanNerdyGamer
September 8th 2015, 6:37 pmRyanNerdyGamer
It'd be amazing if Japan gets EarthBound 2 (Mother 3) tonight, just before an international release! :ryuka:
KokorOtaku
September 12th 2015, 8:16 pmKokorOtaku
I is sad nothing came about as of now Sad 8.0 also ended up not doing anything... so does that mean only odd numbered updates wil do something big?
Gekkouga-Senpai
September 14th 2015, 7:02 pmGekkouga-Senpai
@PassioNATE the update was major, but it only addressed problems that allowed users to soft mod their 3DSes.
RyanNerdyGamer
September 14th 2015, 7:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
The new download update for PAL territories this week only lists games for the Wii U eShop. This makes me think that there will be something new for 3DS owners to download this week, which the v10 update might have added...
KokorOtaku
September 14th 2015, 11:26 pmKokorOtaku
@Pokefreak but that usually consist of a .0 something number not a fist number...
@Zack I really hope so... 3Ds seems to be being phased out... (No VC for months, no StreetPass puzzles for months, this update not really major, ect.)
KeAfan7
At least the 3DS is still being supported, I honestly fear that the NX will replace both sets of hardware and Wii U will be abandoned before it even reaches its fourth anniversary. If Nintendo does this I probably won't purchase any of their systems in their first year anymore. Neutral
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)