Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Fond Memories!

Year of Mario: My Memories of Super Mario Bros. 3! Wiiu_s39

It was Christmas of 1992 in Chandler Arizona and all I wanted for Christmas was Super Mario Bros. 3. When I woke up that crisp cool morning I rushed downstairs to our Christmas tree where my parents were and I excitedly opened my presents! I was so happy when I finally opened the present that housed my own copy of Super Mario Bros. 3! After finishing opening the rest of my presents I quickly rushed back upstairs and inserted my Super Mario Bros. 3 cartridge into my NES for the first time!

I was dazzled and amazed when I saw the title screen for the first time! Clearly the game looked far better than the first two Mario titles. As I played the game I was really amazed by the length of the levels, with some being 3x the size of the levels in the original Super Mario Bros. title! Another thing that I really enjoyed as I marathon played through the game for the first time, was the sheer amount of new power-up's and enemies that were introduced in the game! After playing the first two titles I just couldn't believe how much content Nintendo had crammed into the game cartridge!

Year of Mario: My Memories of Super Mario Bros. 3! Wiiu_s40

While sitting there on that wonderful Christmas morning I was also mesmerized by the catchy music in the game. Super Mario Bros. 3 has alot more music tracks than the original game which was something I really enjoyed. And let's not forget about my first experience with the flying fortresses! Those were just so cool and I really loved the epic music that played in those levels as well as the exciting boss battles at the end of the flying fortresses!

But perhaps the most impressive thing about the game to me, at the time was World 4 also known as Giant Land which had huge blocks, enemies, and pipes which absolutely blew me away! I was in such awe because I had never seen such big enemy sprites before and the scale of the ememies was just breathtaking!

Year of Mario: My Memories of Super Mario Bros. 3! Hammer10

Then of course I reached world 7 and then 8 and was completely amazed by how much the difficulty ramped up! I struggled for several hours trying to progress through the challenging stages and then I managed to reach Bowsers Castle in world 8! The stage was very tricky, but I wasn't about to lose my last few lives and bedtime was drawing near so I carefully navigated the level and finally faced off against the mighty King Koopa!

At first I didn't know what I was supposed to do, but then when it seemed like I was going to run out of lives I managed to defeat Bowser and watch the ending credits just before bedtime! That was possibly the most fun I have ever had playing a video game! It just felt so magical at that age.

Year of Mario: My Memories of Super Mario Bros. 3! Super-10

What did you think of this exclusive feature? As always be sure to leave us feedback in our comments below!

Year of Mario: My Memories of Super Mario Bros. 3! 19654

Year of Mario: My Memories of Super Mario Bros. 3! 87457210

Year of Mario: My Memories of Super Mario Bros. 3! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Ulqiorrathegreat
August 16th 2015, 11:06 pmUlqiorrathegreat
That was a good story. Thanks for sharing your precious memories with all of us!
This will be one of the rare occasions that I'll use an emoji. Twisted Evil
RyanNerdyGamer
August 16th 2015, 11:17 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Awesome story, @Ichigofan. I, too, know the joys of playing a Mario title for the first time, so it's neat to see another fan's perspective. victory

Oh, and welcome to WiiWareWave! Razz
Aqua Cherry Blossom
August 17th 2015, 4:55 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice story @Ichigofan lol. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)