Admin
View user profile

Review: GravBlocks+ (Wii U eShop)

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Gravity Bending Brainbusters!

There have been few puzzle titles on the Wii U eShop and even fewer have been worthwhile experiences, but is GravBlocks+ a worthy puzzler? Continue reading our review to find out!

GravBlocks+ is a match-three puzzle title with a twist. The game features arrow blocks that when matched alter gravity based on the direction of the arrow on the gravity blocks! There are some hazards and items such as bombs a color sweepers that clear all blocks of a certain color which can be helpful items for sure! The game features several modes including Story Mode and a Challenge Mode which have different rules and game flow, but overall the game's modes are quite fun! The controls are fairly straightforward and are easy to learn and the Off-TV-Play works flawlessly which is a very good thing!

The game features an alien theme with animated aliens in the backgrounds which is a nice touch. Graphically besides the reasonably impressive backgrounds the visuals are quite simplistic which isn't a bad thing, though the music and sfx leave much to be desired. All-in-all the audio-visual presentation is a mixed bag with some aspects being good and others being mediocre.

Bottom-Line:

With solid gameplay, easy to learn controls, and decent yet simple visuals GravBlocks+ is a fairly enjoyable game that is better than most games of the puzzle genre that are currently available on the platform, though the lackluster audio does hold the game back a bit, but overall GravBlocks+ is a solid game that we recommend if you enjoy a good puzzler!

Price: $4.99

Score: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ 7/10

Share this post on:diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Comments

on July 15th 2015, 3:54 pmFM_Alchemist
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
This sounds like it's better than I was expecting, but I'm still not sure if I'll download the game. Good review btw!
on August 4th 2015, 12:07 pmLizofDoom
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@FM_Alchemist wrote:This sounds like it's better than I was expecting, but I'm still not sure if I'll download the game. Good review btw!
Agreed, I'm not a big puzzle genre buff, though I am interested in Astral Breakers.
on August 4th 2015, 6:53 pmGuest
Beautiful review @Rukiafan! I love you
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum