View previous topicView next topic
Admin
Male Posts : 8689
View user profilehttp://wiiwarewave.webs.com
R.I.P. Iwata-San...

Nintendo of Japan has announced today that Satoru Iwata the president of Nintendo of Japan has passed away from a bile duct growth at the age of 55. He was a major contributor to Nintendo's turnaround during the Wii era. Be sure to leave your comments and farewells to the late Nintendo icon in our comments below!

Thanks to @Tech101 and @bro2dragons for the news tip.

Last edited by Rukiafan on July 12th 2015, 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

Share this post on:Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Comments

May Iwata-san find the hidden beanstalk and climb his way to the Heavens. Crying or Very sad
This is so sad that I'm crying right now. Crying or Very sad
Rest in peace Iwata-San. Crying or Very sad
@Kushina yeah me too Sad I fear for Nintendos future, the same way I'd fear if he got fired or resigned... It's sad people are NOW just taking back their hate comments and saying how great he was... Neutral the time to say that stuff is in life, not death Neutral
on July 13th 2015, 8:57 ambro2dragons
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Iwata-sama is the reason I have no worries about the company's future. When Hiroshi Yamauchi retired, we all thought Nintendo would be in trouble. He was a brilliant leader, for sure, but Iwata showed us that passion, charm, and a love of fun are the Nintendo legacy, not just its people. Despite the moments of negativity we've all been prone to in recent years, I'm glad to see that people have begun to look back and realize all the wonderful things Iwata-sama ushered into the world of Nintendo. He deserves our thanks and he will be forever missed by all in and around this industry.
on July 13th 2015, 10:01 amTech101
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Anybody see the rainbow pictures over Nintendo of Tokyo today? It's giving people peace of mind.
@Tech101 wrote:Anybody see the rainbow pictures over Nintendo of Tokyo today? It's giving people peace of mind.
No, I'll have to check them out!
The heavens appear to be weeping here in Arizona as it's been raining at our HQ almost continuously since Satoru Iwata's death...#IwatasRainDance.
on July 13th 2015, 2:35 pmGeekyGamerZack
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
We have an HQ?! Surprised
GamerZack87 wrote:We have an HQ?! Surprised
Yes a home office. We even have a weekly video game newspaper for our neighborhood. Wink

On-Topic: I changed my avatar to pay my respects to Iwata-san. R.I.P. Crying or Very sad

View previous topicView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum