Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Wii U coming to an end?

+3
KeAfan7
TheGingerDoctor
Amufungal
7 posters
Go down
SKTTR
SKTTR
Admin

Is the Wii U coming to an end? - Page 1 Empty Re: Is the Wii U coming to an end?

June 17th 2015, 7:35 am
My Wii U stays until 2018, if not longer, that's for sure.

Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles, SMT X Fire Emblem, and Zelda alone will keep me occupied for thousands of hours! These are real blockbusters. People forget that epic games like these take hundreds of people many years to develop.

Anyway, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors, Smash and MK8 are all games I put 100+ hours in, and they still get regular updates. I try very hard to complete them 100% but the additional content never stops.
DKC Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101, and Kirby Rainbow-Paintrush are on my backlog for bad times that never come.

And I haven't had the time to buy older exclusive Wii U highlights like Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, Scribblenauts, and Lego City Undercover which I really have to get some time too!

And then there's Yoshi, Starfox, Devil's Third, and Project Zero coming this year. And they all look like grand quality stuff!

Tons of amazing indies too.

Obviously Wii U is far from dead, and it's the only game system I play.

A strange and warm feeling pulls me back to EarthBound Beginnings now, so bye. Smile

Last edited by SKTTR on June 17th 2015, 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

Is the Wii U coming to an end? - Page 1 Empty Re: Is the Wii U coming to an end?

June 17th 2015, 11:26 am
I hope nit. The last thing I want is to buy a new console right now.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Is the Wii U coming to an end? - Page 1 Captaincanucksigcopy
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

June 17th 2015, 2:05 pm
@SKTTR Couldn't have put it better myself. Is the Wii U coming to an end? - Page 1 631737971

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

June 19th 2015, 12:30 pm
SKTTR wrote:My Wii U stays until 2018, if not longer, that's for sure.

Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles, SMT X Fire Emblem, and Zelda alone will keep me occupied for thousands of hours! These are real blockbusters. People forget that epic games like these take hundreds of people many years to develop.

Anyway, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors, Smash and MK8 are all games I put 100+ hours in, and they still get regular updates. I try very hard to complete them 100% but the additional content never stops.
DKC Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101, and Kirby Rainbow-Paintrush are on my backlog for bad times that never come.

And I haven't had the time to buy older exclusive Wii U highlights like Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, Scribblenauts, and Lego City Undercover which I really have to get some time too!

And then there's Yoshi, Starfox, Devil's Third, and Project Zero coming this year. And they all look like grand quality stuff!

Tons of amazing indies too.

Obviously Wii U is far from dead, and it's the only game system I play.

A strange and warm feeling pulls me back to EarthBound Beginnings now, so bye. Smile

I agree although I don't know why Nintendo decided to use the unreleased Starfox Wii assets for Starfox Zero?! It seems like Nintendo is really cutting corners with the game, and that's not even counting its awkward controls. Neutral

Is the Wii U coming to an end? - Page 1 19654

Is the Wii U coming to an end? - Page 1 87457210

Is the Wii U coming to an end? - Page 1 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

June 19th 2015, 1:14 pm
Wouldn't it be ironic if the WiiU was the system that lasted the longest this gen? Very Happy

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 19th 2015, 1:49 pm
Yeah, but I doubt it will. It might outlast the XBone though, but the PS4 has such a commanding lead that I don't think PS5 will release until 2019-2020. The Wii U I'm guessing will be replaced Holiday 2017-Spring 2018.

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

June 19th 2015, 2:04 pm
@Rukia yeah a similar thing happened with the GCN, PS2, Xbox

Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

June 19th 2015, 3:14 pm
I could see Wii U still being commercially available for at least a couple of years after NX is released.

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
SKTTR
SKTTR
Admin

June 19th 2015, 10:14 pm
Rukiafan wrote:
I agree although I don't know why Nintendo decided to use the unreleased Starfox Wii assets for Starfox Zero?! It seems like Nintendo is really cutting corners with the game, and that's not even counting its awkward controls. Neutral

Wii assets? Doesn't matter. I've seen the first three stages when the Treehouse@E3 played them, and they looked great even in low stream quality. Can't wait to see it in 60fps full HD.

Awkward controls? You played the game?? From what I've seen the controls are pretty smooth. With added gyro controls and cockpit view aiming seems a lot easier now. At least it's better than all the previous Starfox games.

Back on topic: I don't know why people demand a new Nintendo console so early! Nintendo is doomed is more present than ever. What do these people want? What do they expect from a console? Have they even played a Wii U once?

The Wii U has many great games, so many that it's hard to keep up with everything that's worth playing - and the best is yet to come.

The Wii U is also much better than the Wii. The technical jump from Gamecube to Wii was so small, it was barely noticable. The jump from Wii to Wii U was huge! So why is it that people are so unreasonable? Do people really just want PS4 graphics? Go get a PS4!! It's already out!

If you don't enjoy the Wii U it's your problem  but don't kill it for those who appreciate the innovation in gameplay, the comfort in the controller, the beautiful looking and lengthy 60fps HD games. It can't get much better.

What I want from the next Nintendo system? A merging of Wii U and 3DS, a hybrid console.. A 3DS with the power of a Wii U. A Wii U with all the games from the 3DS. You kids know what that means? All the tech of the Wii U inside a laptop/tablet/handheld plus more. That system would need an expensive battery, a costly harddrive, a fat graphics card. It is just not possible now or do you expect mom&dad to buy you a 1000$ machine? Many people just want want want and don't think about economy, business, and the global market! If Nintendo releases something before 2018 then specs wouldn't be good enough or it would be way too expensive for mass market appeal, and thus wouldn't be profitable. The Wii U's huge potential wouldn't be reached either. That's when Nintendo would fail, double fail!

Fans know that awesome and epic games like Zelda, Xenoblade, SMT x Fire Emblem will be huge games that take years to develop! Normally Nintendo fans can wait and appreciate the quality that comes out of it, but it seems the Wii has pulled many loud crazy kids onboard the Nintendo train. I would prefer if their parents would buy them Xbox where they can troll online and have all the bloody killergames they seem to want, so the 12 million people who actually enjoy the Wii U don't have to read so much clueless trashtalk.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

June 20th 2015, 6:40 am
All i know is I dont want to buy another console for a long time. Ijust replaces my PS3 about a month ago with a super slim. 500gb.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Is the Wii U coming to an end? - Page 1 Captaincanucksigcopy
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

June 20th 2015, 7:35 am
@SKTTR agreed people now a days just can't appreciate verity... All they want is the same old stuff

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 23rd 2015, 12:35 pm
What the heck is with Iwata and Reggie right now?! They seem bent on killing the Wii U's momentum by talking down on the Wii U...Is the Wii U coming to an end? - Page 1 1625187496

Symptine
Symptine

June 24th 2015, 8:08 pm
wish miiverse was friendlier.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 25th 2015, 12:35 am
Same here. Welcome to WiiWareWave @Symptine! Wink

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)