Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Our Excitement Is Splashing To The Surface!

Staff Viewpoint: What Nintendo Announcements Are We Hoping For At This Year's E3? Staff%20View%20point%20What%20Nintendo%20Announcements%20Are%20We%20Hoping%20For%20At%20This%20Years%20E3_zpsdwmakl0b

Our staff recently discussed about our predictions as to what Nintendo would announce during next week's E3 presentation. We hope that you enjoy this exclusive feature!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@KingreX32:

What I want to see from Nintendo E3 2015

Games Games Games, especially First party titles. History is repeating itself, like the Wii third party developers are once again not bringing their titles to the WiiU even though it is more than capable of playing these games. With Third Parties taking a dump all over Nintendo once again we need to see a show of support from Nintendo by them showing off some more of their more core titles.

Give us some more updates on the supposed Zelda game for WiiU, show us some actual gameplay from the new Starfox title, and for goodness sakes please announce a new F-Zero game. Let us fans know that you are listening. 

Some other non-specific things I’d like to see but are more “wishful thinking” are some more news on the Nintendo NX, hopefully the announcement of a new WiiU console (at least 128 gigs Nintendo, 32 isn’t cutting it), more of their plans for mobile games, and hopefully some more news of Third party Support. Lastly do you guys remember this article I wrote? https://www.wiiwarewave.com/t2139-wiiu-to-have-cloud-storage-by-2013

Well I’d like to know if this is still happening and if or when it will be implemented. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Gamergy:

My realistic predictions for E3:

-Metroid: We're going to see something, I'd bet on it

-Xenoblade Chronicles X release date: there's no way they're not covering this with a new trailer or info and release date

-New 3DS exclusives: That is if they wish to keep longevity with the 3DS line, if they announce no New 3DS exclusives I feel the New 3DS might go the way of the DSi and have a different successor announced in a year or two. However I really feel Nintendo will push the New 3DS and it will be exactly its name, the New 3DS, as in the successor of the 3DS.

-Smash Bros DLC: Probably the safest bet of all, Nintendo won't stop the Smash Bros DLC after just a Mewtwo and Lucas release. They put up the Smash Ballot for a reason.

-Indie Showcase: this isn't just a safe bet, this is practically guaranteed with all the love Nintendo has shown indies lately, and with new 3DS getting Unity 3D support in the future (something I use as a part-time game developer) indies will have more access to publishing on Nintendo handhelds. Just another reason I really think Nintendo is sticking with the New 3DS.

-Some news and release dates on other 2015 games

-No Zelda: (they already said that though)

Now here are my wishes for E3, not predictions, wishes:

-Something new Mario Platformer or Sports: Yes, I want to actually see Mario. I would love to see a 3rd Mario Strikers game, or Mario Galaxy 3, or Sunshine 2 even. We probably won't see the last two of those, and I don't think we'll see a new Mario platformer at all.

-Professor Layton: I'm a massive Layton fan, they tell some of the best, most beautiful stories I've experienced in gaming. Level 5 said they're done with Professor Layton as the protagonist but maybe we'll see Luke take over the protagonist role after he grows up. Or a remaster of the first 3 games. I'm not expecting any of this at all, just wishful thinking.

-Amiibo shortage fix: this is likely to happen, but I really want it to happen. I just want a Villager Amiibo for less than $30-$70.

-Animal Crossing Wii U: It'll happen, but I'm not so sure it'll happen this year.

@bro2dragons:

Usually it's this moment every year when we're looking forward to E3 to find out what we'll be playing for the rest of that year. This year, however, is different in that there is so much we already know about on both Wii U and 3DS. Yoshi's Woolly World, Chibi-Robo!: Zip-Lash, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Hyrule Warriors 3DS, Star Fox, Bravely Second, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, Fire Emblem "IF", Mario Maker, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, Devil's Third, and whatever Nintendo decides to do with projects "Guard" and "Giant Robot," just to name a few. Plus, we know Nintendo will be continuing to roll out content for Splatoon and Super Smash Bros. through the rest of the year and it's almost a given that we haven't seen the last wave of Mario Kart 8 DLC, either. And we can all be sure we'll at least see a new trailer next week for the huge, new, original, HD Legend of Zelda planned for 2016.

With all that on the way, lots of indies, and numerous surprises to boot, I'm already pretty satisfied with the plans for the rest of 2015. So instead of more new games to crowd out the next six months, I want more old games to do so.

Nintendo has a great platform with the Virtual Console that's been horribly neglected, especially on Wii U where emulation is a far less tricky endeavor. We've seen the Game Boy Advance, DS, N64, and Wii debut, but they all feel empty still after months on the service. I want to see announcements at E3 of multiple games coming to flesh out each of these systems, and I want to see one more as well. The Gamecube. I know that's a tired request, but now is the best possible time to revive it.

As the Wii U picks up steam attracting both new and veteran gamers to the Nintendo fold, bringing classics from the company's other most famous under-seller would be a perfect way to show players the greats they missed. Fire Emblem, for example, is coming back in a big way with a wildly successful 3DS entry single-handedly spawning two new Super Smash Bros. fighters, a two-versioned 3DS sequel, and an HD spin-off collaboration. Want to relive one of the franchise's most beloved titles, the Gamecube-exclusive Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance?

Amazon would love to sell you a copy for the low, low price of $220, but you better hurry because there's only one. A more robust Virtual Console could not only be yet another selling point for the system, offering an affordable way to play bygone gems, but with Nintendo's development teams already tied up in so many other known projects, it would be an efficient way to keep adding top-quality titles to the library each and every week.

It's not the most glamorous wishlist, but its potential is exciting nonetheless.

@Amufungal:

I would love to see these announcements:

Super Mario Sunshine HD: Surely Nintendo plans to use their HD Gamecube engine that they created while developing Wind Waker HD on more HD Remasters right?

Animal Crossing U: There's no way this isn't coming to the Wii U, but as @Gamergy said it might not be announced this year. I hope it will though!

Pokemon Colosseum HD: With no mainstream pokemon games in the pipeline and just a Mystery Dungeon game coming later this year, I expect to see some sort of Pokemon announcement at E3. This would be the first retail Pokemon game for the Wii U!

Paper Mario 3: Fans have been wanting a new traditional Paper Mario game since the series shifted to a platforming rpg with Super Paper Mario and with the rumors of a new Paper Mario already in development I think we'll finally see the long awaited sequel to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door at this year's E3!

Xenoblade Chronicles X: We'll get a trailer and release window for North America and Europe. British and Japanese voice acting will be available in the localized version of the game.

Star Fox HD: We'll get another trailer and some details about the game. I feel that the game will be released in December in North America and January in Europe.

Zelda U: There won't be any release date, but I can't see them not at the very least showing a new trailer of the game.

Mario Maker: A new trailer and details about the game will be revealed. Dlc will be announced.

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem: A new trailer will be released along with new details about the game, release date in 2016!

Fire Emblem if: A new trailer and release details will be shown!

Monster Hunter X: Another trailer and new details for the game will be shown.

Things that will probably be shown:

Indie Sizzle Reel: New details about upcoming indie titles will be shown.

Gamecube games available on the Wii U eshop: First game available after the presentation.

More Wii games announced for the Wii U eshop.

A couple new third party collaborations

Hyrule Warriors 3D: Official announcement, new details and a holiday 2015 release date confirmed!

@Rukiafan:

I have a feeling there's going to be quite a few announcements at the Nintendo E3 Presentation. Ones that I'm confident of are Animal Crossing for the Wii U and a new Paper Mario game for the Wii U. I also think that Nintendo will announce a few more New 3DS exclusives.

I also believe that we'll finally see Gamecube games on the Wii U eShop and several new confirmed Wii titles for the Wii U eShop. I also think Nintendo will have a few new collaboration titles to announce for the Wii U and 3DS.

Games such as Xenoblade Chronicles X and Starfox will get official release windows while third party games such as Devil's Third and Harvest Moon will be showcased! We'll also see a sizeable sizzle reel for upcoming Nindie titles.

I think we might see a new Wii U model that has a larger internal memory, but is otherwise a standard Wii U console.

That's what I think could be announced at the presentation.

A Wild @GamerZack87 has appeared like a ninja to update this article!:

Here are some things I'd like to see at E3 this year:

Mario Maker (Wii U) - This title is coming out in September this year, just in time for the 30th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros., and it promises to be the ultimate Mario game-building tool. Even though there are four currently-revealed themes for levels (Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros. U),

I'm hoping that they reveal a theme for Super Mario Bros. 2, as well as All-Stars versions of the three NES-style skins. It also isn't yet clear if we'll only be able to make levels with the Ground theme of each game, or if there will be a wide array of environment types (the traditional underground, underwater and fortress, or even some exotic ones such as desert, snow and sky), so a bit of clarity would be nice; of course, a full smorgasbord of themes and environments would be absolutely awesome, and make this the ultimate Mario-designing package!

Pokémon Z or Pokémon Delta Emerald (Nintendo 3DS) - It's become something of a routine that there is a new(ish) main-series Pokémon title or pair of titles every year, and as long as people keep buying them, Game Freak is sure to make them. What I'd like to see out of a potential Pokémon Z and/or Pokémon Delta Emerald is a fusion of elements from both traditional third versions such as Pokémon Crystal Version and Pokémon Platinum Version, and the experimental Generation V sequels, Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2. So the game could start out in a similar manner to the original pair, but the story would take a twist, revealing it to be a continuation of the previous versions, and the villains have hatched a new plot to conquer the world. Both Generation VI pairs actually seem to leave hints of an expansion to the story, such as Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire leaving hints of a future "Battle Frontier" which is currently under construction, suggesting a potential reimagining of Pokémon Emerald Version.

amiibo - In addition to new types of amiibo functionality revealed for various Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games, I'm hoping that Nintendo addresses the stock shortages of amiibo figures, and reveals a new plan of action to replenish the supply and meet consumer demand. They previously stated that the most popular characters would become abundant, yet some of their biggest name stars such as Samus, Fox and King Dedede are still extremely hard to find without resorting to paying up to five times the retail price on sites such as eBay. Nintendo's had months to manufacture more figures, so hopefully it has a solution up its sleeve.

These are my top picks for a personally-satisfying E3. Anything else is just icing on an already-delicious cake.

That's our thoughts on the matter! What do you think Nintendo will announce next week? As always let us know in our comments below!

Last edited by Rukiafan on June 12th 2015, 7:22 pm; edited 4 times in total

Staff Viewpoint: What Nintendo Announcements Are We Hoping For At This Year's E3? 19654

Staff Viewpoint: What Nintendo Announcements Are We Hoping For At This Year's E3? 87457210

Staff Viewpoint: What Nintendo Announcements Are We Hoping For At This Year's E3? Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KingreX32
Fingers crossed
KeAfan7
Article updated with more staff member's viewpoints. Wink
bro2dragons
Samus is hard to find? Not here. You need me to ship you one, bud?

I agree, though, that it's insane how rare some are. Rosalina is a core Mario character with special functionality in Smash, Mario Party 10, AND Mario Kart 8, Nintendo's three biggest amiibo titles. Why would they make so few of her?
Ms_Kinomoto
Um...I'm so excited for E3. Smile
Otaku
New games, after direct surprises, and themes for the Wii U menu those are what I want! Very Happy
KingreX32
Yes WiiU themes. I heard a rumour about that a few weeks ago.
TheGingerDoctor
bro2dragons wrote:Samus is hard to find? Not here. You need me to ship you one, bud?
Very hard to find. I don't think I've seen a single Samus anywhere here since the amiibo launch. :/
bro2dragons
Wow. They're everywhere near me and have been since November! I didn't realize the shortages were so regional.
KeAfan7
bro2dragons wrote:Wow. They're everywhere near me and have been since November! I didn't realize the shortages were so regional.
@GamerZack87 lives in the land down under. Wink
TheGingerDoctor
@bro2dragons I know what you mean. I've read others online saying how rare a certain amiibo is and thinking, But there are so many on shelves... As it is I'm actively seeking Samus, Fox and King Dedede with no success as of yet. Villager's back on shelves here, though I'm not too interested in shklim.
KokorOtaku
My hope is Crossbuy for NES, SNES, GBA, and DS games for 3DS and NES, GB, GBC for WiiU
KeAfan7
E3 was extremely underwhelming this year. Neutral
KokorOtaku
@Rukia yeah it was, but people are making a bigger deal of it then they need :/
KingreX32
Still. The Conference was kind of a disappointment.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)