Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gamergy
Gamergy
________________________________________________________________________________
Stretch goals keep getting broken too!

Ex-Rareware staff's "Yooka-Laylee" hits $270,000 kickstarter goal in 1 hour, now at over $2.1 million Latest?cb=20120827161639

The company Playtonic Games are made of ex-Rareware developers who worked on some of the most beloved N64 games in the 90s and early 2000s. A few days ago they launched their kickstarter for their new game, Yooka-Laylee, which clearly shows in every way that it is the spiritual successor to the Banjo-Kazooie games.

They reached their goal of about $270,000 in under an hour of the launch and are now at over $2.1 million

After hitting their goal, they added many stretch goals, including a multiplayer mode, a developer walkthrough, and (brace yourselves) a new "GK Rap" from the original creator of the DK rap in the game Donkey Kong 64. All of these stretch goals have been reached, and Playtonic games will (probably) keep adding new ones, although the funding has slowed down since its initial start.

Yooka-Laylee will be coming to the Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, and PC in 2016 (around October according to their kickstarter)

Here's a short gameplay video for Yooka-Laylee, courtesy of Nintendo Life

Sources:

Source article

Yooka-Laylee kickstarter page (more current source)
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

bro2dragons
I'm very close to making this the first game I ever help to Kickstart.
TheGingerDoctor
They did what now?! Surprised

I have fond memories of the first three Banjo-Kazooie games, and Banjo-Tooie remains one of my favourite Nintendo 64 titles. If Yooka-Laylee is anywhere near as good as the N64 game which was revealed years before its actual release, then it might be one to try! Ex-Rareware staff's "Yooka-Laylee" hits $270,000 kickstarter goal in 1 hour, now at over $2.1 million 631737971
Himawari Chan
Banjo threeie is real! Smile
FM_Alchemist
The 3D collectathon genre is finally being resurrected!
KeAfan7
Thanks for posting this article @Gamergy! Wink
TheGingerDoctor
DarkMagiciangirl wrote:Banjo threeie is real! Smile
I thought Nuts and Bolts was Banjo-Threeie. Of course N&B is not even a traditional B-K game, so I best not even mention it. Razz
Staroceancrazy
This is awesome news Exclamation

GamerZack87 wrote:
I thought Nuts and Bolts was Banjo-Threeie. Of course N&B is not even a traditional B-K game, so I best not even mention it. Razz
That game was an abomination! Mad
TheGingerDoctor
Staroceancrazy wrote:This is awesome news Exclamation

GamerZack87 wrote:
That game was an abomination! Mad
Hey, Cranky Kong! You're supposed to hijack my posts! Razz
FuManchu
Now that Yooka Laylee will be hitting the Wii U at some point I will download the game day one.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)