View previous topicView next topic
Admin
Male Posts : 8689
View user profilehttp://wiiwarewave.webs.com
8-bit Action!

Yesterday it was announced that the NES-style platformer Alwa's Awakening will be released on "modern systems" and is apparently inspired by classics such as Battle of Olympus and Solstice!

Developed by Alexander Berggren, Kevin Andersson, Mikael Forslind and Robert Kreese the game is far from completion, but already looks like a solid title! Here's a bit of information regarding this title:

The story of how Alwa's Awakening came to be started in the autumn of 2014. After spending an evening at a friend's house playing NES Mikael started dreaming big about making his own game. Problem was – he had never made a game before. He realized he had to think this through and find people that could help him and step one was to get his thoughts down in a game design document. He started and within a few days there was a 14-page document detailing pretty much everything.

The plan was to first attract a pixel artist so the game mockup would look good. He sent the document to Alexander; a pixel artist he had heard of that he knew was really talented. Alex liked what he saw and said yes to do the graphics for the game. Great success! With a design document and a pixel artist on board it wasn't that hard to convince Robert Kreese to do the music for the game. Mikael had known Kreese for a couple of years since they both worked as organizers on RSM, which is the largest Retro Convention in Scandinavia. Now the team was almost complete! He just had to find someone to actually program the game…

If you don't really know that many programmers where do you turn? Twitter of course! A tweet was sent in both Swedish and English and by asking some prominent retro personalities it was reached by quite many. A few hours and many tweets later a few people had show interest but the most promising and interesting person was sitting just a few desks away. Mikael's co-worker Kevin jumped on board the project and suddenly we had a whole team!

There's no estimated release date as of yet, but we'll keep you informed of this title as more information becomes available! Are you looking forward to this upcoming title? Let us know in our comments below!

Source: Nintendo Life.

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

Share this post on:Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Comments

Rukiafan wrote:What happened to the Q&A? dizzy
Oh no...did noone attend the Q&A? Sad
GamerZack87 wrote:
The developer was MIA. Neutral
Rukiafan wrote:
GamerZack87 wrote:
Oh. Neutral
GamerZack87 wrote:
Rukiafan wrote:
GamerZack87 wrote:
Oh. Neutral
That isn't very professional Sad
Hi.

Mikael here, one of the developers. My sincere apologies for the mixup a week ago. I had a Twitter conversation going with @WiiWareWave and I must have misunderstood everything because I was waiting for a tweet confirming everything but I must have mixed things up. I am really sorry about that.

We're giving it another go in a couple of hours. So fire away with the questions!

Smile
@Nintendooh wrote:Hi.

Mikael here, one of the developers. My sincere apologies for the mixup a week ago. I had a Twitter conversation going with @WiiWareWave and I must have misunderstood everything because I was waiting for a tweet confirming everything but I must have mixed things up. I am really sorry about that.

We're giving it another go in a couple of hours. So fire away with the questions!

Smile
No problem, I'm not the greatest at explaining things lol. Anyways your username is epic. Wink
View previous topicView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum