View previous topicView next topic
Admin
Male Posts : 8689
View user profilehttp://wiiwarewave.webs.com
________________________________________________________________________________

Did you guys know about the Gamer Network? It's a group of affiliated websites that deal with game reviews and news stories. And soon you may have to pay a subscription fee to access any of the following websites:

Eurogamer

GameSpot

GamesRadar

IGN

Kotaku

Nintendo Life

PC Gamer

PCGamesN

Polygon

Prima Games

Push Square

Rock, Paper, Shotgun

USgamer

VG247

Here's a question that they have in their latest yearly survey:

How much would you consider paying for membership?

Nothing!

Up to £2 / $3 / €3 per month

Up to £3.50 / $5 / €5 per month

Up to £5 / $7.50 / €7.50 per month

Needless to say this would be a crushing blow to the smaller websites and could make it very difficult for them to publish the latest news if they can't even access any of the other major news websites. Anyways what do you guys think about this?

Update: It should be noted however that despite our small member-base we see tens of thousands of visitors per day and are on the PR list of almost every major and indie gaming company so if this were to occur our website would be in a unique position of benefitting from this, though as a whole this would be horrible news for the industry.

Source: Survey in question.

Last edited by Rukiafan on March 2nd 2015, 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

Share this post on:Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Comments

@KingreX32 wrote:And come here maybe?
I already left most of those websites ages ago lol. Smile
I still visit Nintendo Life, but I don't post anything there anymore and no I'm not the same Eureka or XiaoPai that frequents that site lol. Smile
View previous topicView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum