Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Gamergy
Gamergy
Already?

Happy 4th birthday 3DS! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRkaEfowm8v1YbTmzP_sHm7kpljV4UhjftGSDmdk7vWjuJDzOfqTddvghz

The Nintendo 3DS turns 4 years old today, as for the Japanese release that is. It wouldn't be until a month later for the 3DS to go overseas.

The 3DS had a very rocky start but has clearly bounced back a tremendous amount since launch, and has a good library to back it up. Just recently was the New 3DS' worldwide launch, it's safe to say the 3DS/DS brand has had a long-lasting life span with a large amount of success.

Did you celebrate the 3DS' birthday by playing your 3DS? Or New 3DS? Why not leave a comment how you feel about the 4 years of the 3DS!

Source: Nintendo Everything.
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Tech101
February 26th 2015, 8:19 pmTech101
This may be my favorite system all time really. I playing the thing anywhere from 1 to 5 hours a day. I've racked up almost 5000 hours on it in those almost 4 years and loved every minute of it. Love my Wii U but I just can't seem to get into console games these days. Yes I know the gamepad is like a portable and believe me, when I do game on it it's almost entirely gamepad only.

Can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store next. I just hope it also used 3d!
RyanNerdyGamer
February 26th 2015, 8:48 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Woohoo! Good on you, Nintendo 3DS! You beat those doubters who said you wouldn't last the first year by quadruple! cheers
KokorOtaku
February 26th 2015, 8:49 pmKokorOtaku
@Tech im the same way... I really wish Nintendo would allow Crossbuy for all VC games because I'd really love playing Earthbound, Mega Man X series, DKC trilogy, Super Metroid, Pokemon Pinball, Klonoa Empire of Dreams, Super Punch Out!!, F-Zero, SMW, and ALTTP on my 3DS so bad
RyanNerdyGamer
February 26th 2015, 9:00 pmRyanNerdyGamer
As for me, I'd much rather play console games on my Wii U and handheld games on my 3DS, but the fact that I can only have GBA games on my Wii U means I need to have NES games on my 3DS, otherwise there's no balance. Neutral
KokorOtaku
February 26th 2015, 10:03 pmKokorOtaku
@Zack for me it's because I'm hardly home since I have a bad work schedule so when I am off work I'm out with friends but can still play games
RyanNerdyGamer
February 26th 2015, 10:15 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Personally, I hope that Nintendo doesn't make the mistake of putting Nintendo DS games in the Wii U eShop instead of the 3DS one.
KeAfan7
February 27th 2015, 3:50 pmKeAfan7
GamerZack87 wrote:Personally, I hope that Nintendo doesn't make the mistake of putting Nintendo DS games in the Wii U eShop instead of the 3DS one.
Why not both? There are plenty of people who don't play on handheld systems for various reasons so it's a good idea, but the 3DS should also receive those games as well. Wink
RyanNerdyGamer
February 27th 2015, 4:27 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Fair enough. Cross-buy it is! cheers
KeAfan7
February 27th 2015, 5:51 pmKeAfan7
GamerZack87 wrote:Fair enough. Cross-buy it is! cheers
1,000,000 times heck yeah! king
KingreX32
February 27th 2015, 6:15 pmKingreX32
4 years eh. Wow. I was still in high school when the 3ds was announced
KokorOtaku
February 27th 2015, 8:34 pmKokorOtaku
I was in 11th grade when the 3DS got released... Man I feel old now
KeAfan7
February 27th 2015, 8:43 pmKeAfan7
You feel old?! In two years and one month I'll be thirty THIRTY! Mad
RyanNerdyGamer
February 27th 2015, 9:16 pmRyanNerdyGamer
I was 17 when the 3DS was first released, and...actually, I was 17 when the original DS was released as well. Neutral
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)