View previous topicGo downView next topic

My Final Goodbye

on February 20th 2015, 9:14 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I haven't been around for a longtime, because I'm not surviving physically anymore. We've had a lot of fun and interesting conversations together, but now I have to say goodbye to everyone. I have one last gift to give away to one lucky member. I purchased a code for F-Zero at Club Nintendo with the last of my Club Nintendo coins. Whoever posts the most sincere paragraph(s) about why they still visit WiiWareWave by tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. EST. will be rewarded the redemption code in a PM. I'm sorry that I have to say goodbye on these terms, but I just needed to do so. I'd feel very guilty if I never said goodbye to all of my friends at WiiWareWave. Your friend forever, Nintenbro.

Re: My Final Goodbye

on February 20th 2015, 10:09 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Oh no you sick? Get well. Crying or Very sad

Admin
View user profile

on February 20th 2015, 10:14 am
Please tell me that you're not dying my friend! You're a good friend and I really hope that you get better! Please PM me if at all possible. Crying or Very sad

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

on February 20th 2015, 11:03 am
There's really not much to say my friend. It's inevitable that I'm not going to survive much longer. I'd just like to read a few posts from my friends before I have to leave. I have no use for the redemption code. If nobody participates, I'll just send you the code and you can do whatever you wish with it. Maybe you could just add it to the Coin Shop. I can't believe there's actually a new Australian 3DS available now.

on February 20th 2015, 11:16 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I'm sorry to hear this William. I haven't know you very long but I pray that you're keeping the faith! I'll continue to pray for you and hope beyond hope that you receive a miracle! I've told Zach just a bit ago to check here but I'll also show him what you posted. He's currently at work now.

on February 20th 2015, 12:50 pm
That's so sad Sad I wish things could get better

My friend code for Switch is 4836-8689-6666 if anyone has a Switch and wants to add me.
NINTENDO please get your Virtual Console on Switch sorted soon and make sure WiiU and 3DS owners can at the very least get a discount on games we already own. (Though free is better) I want Earthbound anywhere, Xenoblade X anywhere and Bayonetta anywhere! I want all my games anywhere!
Admin
View user profile

on February 20th 2015, 1:45 pm
@NINTENBRO wrote:There's really not much to say my friend. It's inevitable that I'm not going to survive much longer. I'd just like to read a few posts from my friends before I have to leave. I have no use for the redemption code. If nobody participates, I'll just send you the code and you can do whatever you wish with it. Maybe you could just add it to the Coin Shop. I can't believe there's actually a new Australian 3DS available now.
I'm so sad. You are a very dear friend to me "my best online buddy". I'll miss you my friend. Crying or Very sad

Admin
View user profile

on February 20th 2015, 1:59 pm
@Nintenbro I'll create a full-blown memoriam page in honor of you and John Knight "if necessary" so that you'll always be remembered not just by your friends and family, but also as an eternal member of our crew. Wink

You are a great man and a wonderful father based on subtle things that I've noticed while talking to you. If you like I'll make time to chat with you this weekend via. Skype or even by phone if you'd prefer. Anyways does your son own a Wii U? Perhaps I could send him a download code for some games every now and then on your behalf? I know that this is a hard time for you, but hang in there. There's never no hope. I have an Aunt who fought terminal cancer and only had three months left to live and miraculously she survived and is still alive 15 years later. As you know already I'm an Augnostic so I'm not a devout believer nor do I not believe, however I do pray for your survival! Wink

Hang in there my friend!

on February 20th 2015, 2:14 pm
No! It can't be true Exclamation
You just lost @John Knight in 2013 and now one of the coolest WiiWareWave members @Nintenbro?
This is tragic I wish you and your family the best. Sad

on February 20th 2015, 3:09 pm
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
I rarely post of this forum but I feel I have some relevant life experience I'd like to share.

I was very sick as a kid growing up with a rare disease. Tests, medications, and doctors galore. It wasn't fun. And as I just found out a few months ago, I wasn't supposed to live past the age of 16 (I'm 22 now) I knew other patients with my illness usually didn't live very long (13-16 years old usually) but my parents never told me that I was one of the terminal ones, I only recently found that out from a conversation with some other relatives. I think my parents wanted me to enjoy the moment I was in, even if I wasn't able to "be a kid" due to being so sick. Video games were my coping mechanism, I found comfort in getting away from the tests and medication and jumping into the world of Nintendo, and I found happiness in that.

I guess what I'm saying is you should enjoy whatever makes you happy while you can. Not everyone wants to spend their last days partying, sometimes just a simple message or conversation with someone close to you, or playing your favorite game, is how you want to go out.

I was very lucky to get out from this disease alive, but not everyone is so lucky. I didn't know you well but I know Rukiafan did. Hopefully you have found peace with the life you have lived, and I hope this message has helped.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum