Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer

The Official New 3DS Hype Train Thread! All Aboard!

+13
Aussiegamer
Haseo
Fox_McCloud
Bazooka
Bit-Trip
Sneaker
FM_Alchemist
Tech101
RyanNerdyGamer
DigiDestined
SuperVash
KokorOtaku
KeAfan7
17 posters
Go down
Bazooka
Bazooka

The Official New 3DS Hype Train Thread! All Aboard! - Page 1 Empty Re: The Official New 3DS Hype Train Thread! All Aboard!

February 15th 2015, 11:17 am
Bit-Trip wrote:Gamestop cancelled my pre order for my Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate limited edition New 3DS. Sad
That unfortunate. Sad
Tech101
Tech101

The Official New 3DS Hype Train Thread! All Aboard! - Page 1 Empty Re: The Official New 3DS Hype Train Thread! All Aboard!

February 15th 2015, 11:22 am
Bit-Trip wrote:Gamestop cancelled my pre order for my Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate limited edition New 3DS. Sad

Did they give you a reason or any type of compensation for your troubles because that's ridiculous!
Bit-Trip
Bit-Trip

February 15th 2015, 11:25 am
Tech101 wrote:

Did they give you a reason or any type of compensation for your troubles because that's ridiculous!
No. They didn't even return my $5 that they charged me to pre order the game. Sad
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

February 15th 2015, 11:30 am
Bit-Trip wrote:
Tech101 wrote:

No. They didn't even return my $5 that they charged me to pre order the game. Sad
The same thing has happened to me when dealing with them awhile back. I'd strongly urge Gamestop customers not to pre-order anything from them because you will lose your $5 pre-order charge if your pre-order gets cancelled. Twisted Evil

The Official New 3DS Hype Train Thread! All Aboard! - Page 1 19654

The Official New 3DS Hype Train Thread! All Aboard! - Page 1 87457210

The Official New 3DS Hype Train Thread! All Aboard! - Page 1 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Fox_McCloud
Fox_McCloud

February 15th 2015, 11:41 am
I have mine pre ordered from GAME, but its still not in stock. Sad
Is the New 3DS hard to find elsewhere?

February 15th 2015, 11:49 am
Fox_McCloud wrote:I have mine pre ordered from GAME, but its still not in stock. Sad
As far as I can tell it's sold out just about everywhere.
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

February 15th 2015, 3:35 pm
Rukiafan wrote:
Bit-Trip wrote:
Tech101 wrote:

The same thing has happened to me when dealing with them awhile back. I'd strongly urge Gamestop customers not to pre-order anything from them because you will lose your $5 pre-order charge if your pre-order gets cancelled. Twisted Evil
Really? GameStop charges a $5 fee for preorders in the US?! Our version of GameStop (EB Games) doesn't charge any fees for preorders or laybys, though they do require a minimum deposit. But not refunding the fee because they  cancelled it is downright (endless string of insults and mild swears aimed at GameStop removed) cinnamon toast! >: (
Haseo wrote:"]
Fox_McCloud wrote:I have mine pre ordered from GAME, but its still not in stock. Sad
Wow, that's unfortunate. The New 3DS has been in abundance here since it launched, and that's even with the exports to Europe. I hope your preorder arrives soon, @Fox_McCloud. Sad
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

February 15th 2015, 5:48 pm
GamerZack87 wrote:
Rukiafan wrote:
Bit-Trip wrote:
Tech101 wrote:

Really? GameStop charges a $5 fee for preorders in the US?! Our version of GameStop (EB Games) doesn't charge any fees for preorders or laybys, though they do require a minimum deposit. But not refunding the fee because they  cancelled it is downright (endless string of insults and mild swears aimed at GameStop removed) cinnamon toast! >: (
Haseo wrote:"]
Wow, that's unfortunate. The New 3DS has been in abundance here since it launched, and that's even with the exports to Europe. I hope your preorder arrives soon, @Fox_McCloud. Sad
The $5 is the minimum deposit, but for some reason Gamestop won't give you back the $5 if your pre-order is cancelled. The Official New 3DS Hype Train Thread! All Aboard! - Page 1 1625187496

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

February 15th 2015, 10:25 pm
I have a NEW 3DS, but can transfer anything over until my micro SD card comes fixed in the mail... Hopefuly by March

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

February 16th 2015, 11:29 am
W00t I just got an Australian New 3DS for our coin shop courtesy of GAME! The price will be set at 50,000 Coins! Wink

Tech101
Tech101

February 16th 2015, 11:32 am
Rukiafan wrote:W00t I just got an Australian New 3DS for our coin shop courtesy of GAME! The price will be set at 50,000 Coins! Wink

Wow! Does anyone from Australia have that many coins?
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

February 16th 2015, 11:40 am
Nobody does, so if @GamerZack87 @Aussiegamer or any other member wants to get it they'll have to actively work for it! Technically with 50 friend requests accepted 20 posts per day and at least 100 liked posts 20 thanked posts and logging in everyday it's possible to obtain 50,000 coins from 0 coins in a single year, and some members already have 30,000+ coins, so...Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

February 16th 2015, 3:52 pm
I thought I was still dreaming for a second! Is this for real?! Surprised
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

February 16th 2015, 6:44 pm
GamerZack87 wrote:I thought I was still dreaming for a second! Is this for real?! Surprised
Yes it is. Wink

Aussiegamer
Aussiegamer

February 16th 2015, 6:52 pm
I'm going to purchase the New 3DS reward soon! :-D
Tech101
Tech101

February 16th 2015, 6:54 pm
Aussiegamer wrote:I'm going to purchase the New 3DS reward soon! :-D

You are like almost there, congrats!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

February 16th 2015, 7:48 pm
I just noticed Aussiegamer's Coin count. It looks like he has me beat! A pre-emptive congratulations to you, sir. Wink
Tech101
Tech101

February 17th 2015, 8:40 am
I finally got my MH4U system yesterday. Love this thing as the 3d no longer is just there but it feels more like a solid image now. Like a standard thing that the graphics should always look this way.
Tsubasa
Tsubasa

February 17th 2015, 12:49 pm
I can't find a New 3DS anywhere. Sad
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

February 18th 2015, 6:01 pm
Drat. Between BurstDashV8's visit in a couple months' time, my trip to see him a few months after that and my studies in the second half of the year, I don't see any way that I could get myself a New 3DS this year. It's a real blow to the (insert sensitive body part here) since I was really pumped to try Xenoblade Chronicles for the first time. Oh well, I guess there's always next year... Neutral
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

February 18th 2015, 9:53 pm
Glad I pick mine up when I did, since it's very rare in the US now... I just have to wait till I get my SD Card repaired

Admin
Super Coinage!

February 19th 2015, 12:46 pm
There aren't any New 3DS consoles anywhere in my state! Prinny

The Official New 3DS Hype Train Thread! All Aboard! - Page 1 Star_o10
ToughGamer
ToughGamer

February 19th 2015, 11:35 pm
Staroceancrazy wrote:There aren't any New 3DS consoles anywhere in my state! Prinny
I don't think that there are any in the country right now.

Memorable Yu-Yu-Hakusho Quotes #2

Yusuke Urameshi: [to the Captain] If you even think about stopping me, I'll bite off your head mustache and all!
SDF Captain: I knew you couldn't hide your true character, you've transformed into a demon menace!
Yusuke Urameshi: Look jerk, give me a break, it's called a running joke!
Staroceancrazy
Staroceancrazy
Admin
Super Coinage!

February 20th 2015, 2:16 pm
This port strike is annoying Exclamation

The Official New 3DS Hype Train Thread! All Aboard! - Page 1 Star_o10
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

February 21st 2015, 12:28 pm
How's the 3D compared to the "old 3DS"?

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

February 21st 2015, 6:22 pm
I'm still 16,500 Coins away from being able to get the New 3DS. That's, what, 1,000 posts? 2,000?
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

February 21st 2015, 6:32 pm
@Rukia there's a little glare still, but it's a HUGE improvement for sure

Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

February 21st 2015, 7:43 pm
So which model and colour do each of you have?
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

February 21st 2015, 7:56 pm
None, but I might try to get the Pearl White model for Christmas. Wink

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

February 21st 2015, 7:57 pm
GamerZack87 wrote:I'm still 16,500 Coins away from being able to get the New 3DS. That's, what, 1,000 posts? 2,000?
You've already gained 142 coins in the past 12 hours. Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

February 21st 2015, 7:58 pm
White is my first choice of colour, so I hope that I earn enough Coins to redeem for the one in the Coin Shop! Otherwise, I can forget about buying one this year.
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

February 21st 2015, 7:58 pm
Rukiafan wrote:
GamerZack87 wrote:I'm still 16,500 Coins away from being able to get the New 3DS. That's, what, 1,000 posts? 2,000?
You've already gained 142 coins in the past 12 hours. Wink
Already?! Surprised
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

February 21st 2015, 8:00 pm
I have red since its my favorite color... Also my SD card should be in the mail on Monday, so I might have everything on my NEW 3DS by Monday night

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

February 21st 2015, 8:01 pm
passioNATE wrote:@Rukia there's a little glare still, but it's a HUGE improvement for sure
That's good to know! Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

February 21st 2015, 8:03 pm
Rukiafan wrote:
passioNATE wrote:@Rukia there's a little glare still, but it's a HUGE improvement for sure
That's good to know! Wink
Indeed. In the end I didn't like the 3D effect on the traditional 3DS, so hopefully I find the New 3DS is much more to my tastes.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

February 21st 2015, 8:05 pm
Yeah the normal 3DS' effects are washed out and don't feel like a solid image. Neutral

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

February 21st 2015, 8:53 pm
Not to mention the distortion which occurs if you tilt the console too much. Neutral
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

May 30th 2015, 8:19 pm
What the Fronk?! I have 45,000+ Coins, which means I would have only been another 5,000 Coins away from being able to earn the New Nintendo 3DS in the Coin Shop! Surprised

I'm having a Fronkload of trouble deciding which console to get. On the one hand, the standard model has customisable Cover Plates AND SNES-coloured ABXY Buttons, but I'd want to get both white and black, something I can't do for more reasons than one; on the other hand, the XL is really slick, especially in blue, and looks amazingly comfortable to hold, but loses out on the fun aspects of the standard. Pros and cons for both, and no clue which one(s) to pick... #HelpAGuyOut
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 30th 2015, 8:33 pm
@AussieGamer purchased the console. I finally managed to replace it with a new item that we just got yesterday. Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

May 30th 2015, 8:38 pm
Rukiafan wrote:@AussieGamer purchased the console.
Believe me, I know... Sad
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

October 11th 2015, 9:52 pm
The black New Nintendo 3DS console is released in Australia this Saturday! Guess what I'd like to get on the weekend! Wink
Sneaker
Sneaker
Admin

November 7th 2015, 4:23 pm
Really torn. My good old Nintendo 3DS needs to be replaced. Their is something wrong with loading the battery or something. Might get an hour of playtime out of it and without warning, it just turns off. I tried replacing it, but the new battery don't do it any better.

So I'm thinking about getting the New 3DS (not XL, too big for me). The only thing that is holding me back is the NX. Rumor has it that it is going to be a standalone handheld and console in one. On the other hand, it probably will be end 2016, beginning 2017 so I will get a lot of playtime out of it. But still.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

November 8th 2015, 10:53 pm
Ninty needs to utilize the New 3DS a bit more then they have been if they expect very many people to upgrade. I'm not saying that they should leave original 3DS and 2DS owners out to dry, but right now there's really no reason for most of them to upgrade.

Sneaker
Sneaker
Admin

November 9th 2015, 6:01 pm
Exactly. Now it basically is just another Nintendo DSi. Only a couple of games are really using the extra power of the New 3DS. And even less are New 3DS exclusive.
Sneaker
Sneaker
Admin

January 31st 2016, 5:09 am
I picked up the New 3DS. Could get it pretty cheap with a lot of giftcards. Love it so far, but the stylus is really small. Haven't tried it all with all the games. But loving what I'm seeing so far.
Himawari Chan
Himawari Chan

March 6th 2016, 11:12 pm
It looks like Metroid Prime: Federation Force is going to be a New 3DS exclusive. Your thoughts? Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)