Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Ready For Adventure!

Review: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U Retail) Wiiu_s24

Developed and published by Nintendo Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is a 3D Platforming Puzzler that stars everyone's favorite Toad from the Super Mario Galaxy series! But does the game live up to previous Nintendo platformers such as Super Mario Bros. or Kirby? Keep reading to find out!

For those of you who played Super Mario 3D World you'll instantly recognize the gameplay formula since it is basically the same as the Captain Toad stages in the game. Though the formula has been tweaked and refined. You can now pick objects up and interact with characters. There are also some new power-ups such as the Super Pick that allows you to break blocks and defeat enemies. The game has an even mixture of platforming and puzzle elements that blend together harmoniously.

The game has over 80 stages and will likely take 15-20 hours to complete in its entirety. The controls are easy to learn and feel very smooth. Every stage also possesses a set challenge to complete and doing so will count towards the completion of the game. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is also extremely challenging and will really test your reflexes!

Review: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U Retail) 630x17

The graphics look decidedly cute while the detail of the stages are absolutely breathtaking. The story cut-scenes also look quite impressive and are often very humorous. The character models are also highly polished and detailed, much more than in the Captain Toad stages in Super Mario 3D World! The music is also incredible in this game with tons of variety and almost all of it fits the mood of the game! All-in-all the audio-visual presentation of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is flawless!

Bottom-Line:

With superb gameplay that is both challenging and fun, a ton of stages that provide plenty of content, excellent controls, and a nearly flawless audio-visual presentation Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is a game that no Wii U owner should hold off purchasing!

Price: £34.99/€$39.99/$39.99

Score:

★★★★★★★★★☆ 9.7/10

Review: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U Retail) 19654

Review: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U Retail) 87457210

Review: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
Our review is now live. Wink
Aqua Cherry Blossom
January 29th 2015, 2:44 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile
Captain Toad is surprisingly good lol. Smile
Trinity33
Great review man!
Staroceancrazy
January 30th 2015, 5:36 pmStaroceancrazy
Awesome review Exclamation
Tsubasa
Captain Toad is awesome!
Awesome review Rukiafan! Very Happy
FM_Alchemist
January 30th 2015, 7:31 pmFM_Alchemist
Meh. This game is overrated.
Objection Blaster
January 30th 2015, 8:50 pmObjection Blaster
FM_Alchemist wrote:Meh. This game is overrated.
I agree, but it's still a worthwhile game.
RyanNerdyGamer
February 22nd 2015, 8:51 pmRyanNerdyGamer
So how does amiibo work in this title? Smile
KeAfan7
GamerZack87 wrote:So how does amiibo work in this title? Smile
It doesn't yet, but in the future if you scan toad a hidden 2-D toad will be hidden in the stages for you to find. Wink
RyanNerdyGamer
February 22nd 2015, 9:18 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Oh, neat! Surprised
Anonymous
Beautiful review @Rukiafan! I love you
Ragnarok
This game is great, can't recommend it enough! I completely agree with the review.
KokorOtaku
I agree with the review, the Toad Amiibo put more life to the game
KeAfan7
I just got the Toad Amiibo! Do you guys want me to update my review based on the new features that the Amiibo adds to the game? Wink
RyanNerdyGamer
April 29th 2015, 3:47 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Yes please! Smile
Otaku
Awesome review! Very Happy
@Ichigofan I thought that you were gonna tweak your review to talk about the toad amiibo features? scratch
Talesfanatic
November 14th 2015, 10:38 amTalesfanatic
Captain Toad isn't my favorite Mario spin-off, but it's still good, although I wouldn't give it more than an 8 if I were reviewing the game.
Still, nice review @Ichigofan. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)