Go down

Re: DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia

on December 24th 2014, 11:47 pm
Okay, players, now's the time to decide on your classes. There are four classes in the Basic Rules - cleric, fighter, rogue and wizard - and below are the class options I would recommend to each of you based on certain factors:

Amufungal
Spoiler:
You mentioned that you often play a cleric in Chronicles of Mystara, so I would recommend this class for your character. Druids are similar to clerics, defenders of nature who draw energy from the natural world and craft it into an ancient form of magic. If I include the druid class, I would allow it as a different option just for you.

BurstDashV8
Spoiler:
You already said that you would like to play a wood elven wizard during one of our chats, and I know full well that you like magic as a concept. You said you'd consider playing a ranger instead, so I'd allow it if I included it as an extra option just for you.

DigiDestined
Spoiler:
I'm not sure what kind of class best suits you, but I think your character would make an excellent rogue. Bards are special in that they can do a little bit of everything, from combat to magic, and other things as well, so they're maybe like a Red Mage from Final Fantasy in that regard. I would allow it as a fifth class option just for you if you like.

Kain
Spoiler:
Hm...I assume you are a fan of Kain from Final Fantasy IV (my favourite FF game and sequel, by the way), in which case I'd suggest fighter for your character. If you prefer, I might allow you to play a paladin, a champion of a Celestial Being or cause who swears to uphold the values and ideals of that entity. I figure it could be a neat alternative fifth class option just for you.

ReverseInverse
Spoiler:
One word: WIZARD. If I provide extra options, I'd allow you to play a sorcerer, a spellcaster who can spontaneously cast a selection of spells without needing to study, as a fifth possible class option just for you.

Rukiafan
Spoiler:
I kind of feel that you would choose rogue as your character's class, especially given how much you like anime such as Bleach (with shinigami such as Rukia) and Naruto (with ninja). The monk is a disciplined master of a martial art who draws strength from their inner spirit, or ki, and doesn't need a weapon to strike foes, opting for their bare fists and feet. If I allow extra options, I'd allow this as a fifth class choice just for you.

Ryuragnas
Spoiler:
It's pretty obvious that I have absolutely no idea what to suggest for your character. I feel that you have enough experience with D&D to go with any of the given options, either cleric, fighter, rogue or wizard. If there were official psionic options in 5th Edition, I'd let you play an esper, but...hm...I guess your extra option - if I allow it - would be an extra racial choice. You have three guesses as to what it is...what? No, it's not mul, it's a race from the Player's Handbook. That's two guesses now, wise guy. lol!

ToughGamer
Spoiler:
You already said that you'd like to play a warrior-type human of some kind, so I would certainly recommend fighter without question. If you like warrior-types, then I may allow barbarian as a fifth class option just for you. Barbarians are wild individuals who can channel their rage into mighty weapon strikes. If that takes your fancy, then let me know ASAP.

Don't take my recommendations to heart, though. If I recommended a class to you, and you'd prefer a different one for your character, that's fine. All four classes are available to every player, so pick the one which suits you and your character best. Also, feel free to discuss your choices with the other players prior to creating your characters as well, just so we don't end up with the unlikely scenario of, say, five wizards, two rogues, a fighter and no healer. Smile

As a special treat, I gave each of you a secret extra fifth class option (except one of you, who gets an extra racial option instead because the class I want to allow you isn't officially in 5th Edition yet). You'll find your extra, hand-chosen choice hidden in your respective recommendation section. Good luck finding it!

Anyone remember Power Rangers Mushroom Force? I'm starting the reboot very soon, so anyone who wishes to reprise their roles should let me know as a response to any post I make. Anyone who wants an unclaimed role should do the same. "Mushroom Force, Let's-a GO!" victory

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES
Previous Episode: S02E06 Midonian Outcast
Next Episode: S03E06 Katréne

on December 26th 2014, 6:05 am
Dice rolls:

1d8/1d4: 2,1
1d8/1d4:1,3

on December 26th 2014, 6:18 am
Thanks, Ryuragnas. Now I just need to wait for the other players to do their rolls as well so everybody can make their characters.

Anyone remember Power Rangers Mushroom Force? I'm starting the reboot very soon, so anyone who wishes to reprise their roles should let me know as a response to any post I make. Anyone who wants an unclaimed role should do the same. "Mushroom Force, Let's-a GO!" victory

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

on December 26th 2014, 4:50 pm
@Rukiafan Is there any chance we could use the chatbox for the #DungeonWave sessions? Maybe there could be a separate channel which needs a password or code to enter. Smile

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

on December 28th 2014, 3:48 pm
The dice aren't working Sad

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.

on December 28th 2014, 4:07 pm
@Amufungal wrote:The dice aren't working Sad
All you need to do is press the "Roll" button next to the dice, and it automatically generates a number. Smile

Unless you mean the page won't load. Which browser/device are you using?

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

on December 28th 2014, 5:14 pm
The Wii U browser

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.

on December 28th 2014, 11:00 pm
@Amufungal wrote:The Wii U browser
That's strange...it's working just fine on my Wii U Browser. scratch

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

on December 30th 2014, 9:07 pm
Okay players, I've decided to drop the restriction on race, so you won't need to roll dice to determine your choices! Here is every option available to all players:

DWARF
Dwarves are a hardy folk who dwell in the rugged places of the world. They stand a little bit shorter than a human, but are more broadly built. They also enjoy a good drink with friends and companions, though their natural resistance to poisons means that it is near impossible for a dwarf to get drunk on non-dwarven beverages. Dwarves have a natural mistrust of magic; as such dwarven wizards are few and far between, and it is also practically unknown for a dwarf to manifest sorcerer powers. This setting offers two choices of dwarf subrace:

Hill Dwarf - Dwelling in steppes and highlands, hill dwarves are a steadfast folk who display good manners and above-average hygiene standards for their race. Many hill dwarves are pious towards their patron Celestial Being, Alistair, and as such most hill dwarf adventurers take on the mantle of cleric.

Mountain Dwarf - Mountain dwarves are much more rugged than their highland-dwelling cousins, surviving in the harsh mountains and ridges they call home. Unlike their brethren, mountain dwarves are not well-learned in the fields of social etiquette or hygiene, though they possess a certain charm all their own. Mountain dwarves are practically immune to poison, and there are no finer brewers amongst their race. They typically choose fighter as their class.

ELF
Graceful and long-lived, elves dwell in the verdant and wild places of the world. They are free-spirited, and dislike being restricted in their endeavours. They have high moral and ethical standards, often disdaining the practices performed by rogues, and as such it is rare to see an elven rogue. Elves have two main subraces in this setting:

High Elf - High elves have a natural affinity for the fine arts, including calligraphy and the practice of magic. They have fair skin and hair, and their eyes come in a variety of colours such as bright blue, green and violet. High elves are seen by some as pompous and arrogant, with little respect for the shorter-lived races - especially humans - when in actuality they find learning about the other cultures of the world to be fascinating and enlightening, and get on well with anybody they deem to be of merit.

Wood Elf - The heralds of the wilds, wood elves are at one with the wilderness, often revering the embodiment of nature, Naturia, as well as their patron Celestial Being, Verdann. Wood elves are often distrustful of others, and don't take intrusion into their woodland realms lightly. Wood elves have fantastic accuracy with the bow, which is the preferred weapon of wood elven fighters.

GNOME
The elusive, short-statured gnomes dwell in hidden locations of the world, though some dwell in larger settlements. They have a childlike personality even into adulthood, with pranks being a common rite-of-passage for many young gnomes. They are also very intelligent, with many breakthroughs in technology being of gnome origin. They are also fairly fragile, meaning gnome fighters are exceedingly rare. Gnomes come in two major subraces:

Forest Gnome - Despite their name, forest gnomes dwell in pockets of verdant growth throughout the entire land. They have spiky hair in all the colours of the rainbow, with forest gnomes grouped into one of twelve families by their hair colour. Forest gnomes have ridiculously long names, often receiving a name from every person they meet until coming-of-age, by which point some members of their race have as many as 25 names.

Rock Gnome - The ingenious inventors of the world, rock gnomes are true technological artisans. Their technology can be found in complex machines such as airships, or simple gadgets such as pocket watches. Rock gnomes tend to have metallic-hued hair, and are also grouped into twelve families based on this colouring. They are fond of shiny things, with a few becoming adventurers to fund their trinket-lust.

Note: Gnomes are an extra race provided to the players by me. If interested in playing one, please let me know.

HALFLING
The halflings are a race of people who look very much like humans, though they stand at about half the height. These good folk get along well with anybody they meet, even if they don't particularly like the other person. Halflings tend to be the best cooks amongst any race, and enjoy eating any kind of food they find; their fast metabolism prevents them from gaining weight even in periods of inactivity. Though they revere the patron Celestial Beings Rhyanna and Sheamus, halflings are not particularly pious, preferring to honour their family and friends; as such, halfling clerics are not common at all. This setting is home to two main kinds of halfling:

Lightfoot Halfling - The ever-wandering lightfoots are most likely to be found adventuring or living in the settlements of other races, especially humans. Their feet are smaller than their stout brethren, and they tend to wear shoes or boots. They are also very agile, with many being able to avoid notice; as such, lightfoots make excellent rogues.

Stout Halfling - Much less adventurous than their lightfoot kin, stouts tend to live in tight-knit communities in meadows and open woodland. Stouts make excellent hosts, and always treat their guests as one of the family. The few stouts who dare to set their large, bare feet away from home tend to become fighters, choosing their family's ancestral weapon as their preferred means of defending themselves.

HUMAN
The surprisingly-diverse humans are the most common race of the world, outnumbering every other race combined 2-to-1. Seen by the other races as "all the same", humans come in as many varieties as there are nodules on a tank beast's back, and humans can aspire to be anything they desire, whether adventurer or commoner, fighter or wizard...hero or villain. Despite this diversity, humans are loosely classified into two main cultural ethnicities based on the shape of their ears:

Syl - The syl are the true humans of the world, with ears that have a slight point near the top. Syl are said to possess a mystical aura, a gift bestowed upon them by the Celestial Being Marilina, which binds them to the world and prevents them from being lost into the "Unknown Realm". Territes refer to syl as "Neans" or the mildly-derogatory "ears", whereas other races simply call them "humans", seeing no distinction between both cultures.

Territe - Round-eared and mysterious, Territes are said to have arrived in the world from a faraway place. Nonetheless, they are still humans, and are otherwise physically identical to syl. Though they lack the slightly-pointed ears and fabled world-bond of the syl, legend tells that many Territes have what is known as the "secret potential", an ability which is unknown to nearly everyone, including most Territes who apparently possess it. Syl refer to Territes as "homonids" or the simpler-to-say "homs", while members of other races call them "humans", little realising the few differences between both ethnicities.

Orcborn - Not exactly humans, orcborn are the result of union between humans and orcs. As such, they possess a combination of orc and human traits, with the strength of an orc mixed with the ingenuity of a human. Some humans see orcborn as unattractive, while orcs in general see orcborn as being inferior to their own strength and prowess. Nonetheless, there are enough orcborn in the world that they have become a unique culture all their own, and are generally tolerated by many.

Orcborn are an extra racial option for players provided by me. If any player wishes to play an orcborn, please let me know.

So players, which race takes your fancy? Smile

Last edited by GamerZack87 on January 3rd 2015, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

on January 3rd 2015, 4:04 pm
Okay players, I'm going to be hosting a live chat in the chatbox, and it would be helpful if you all could attend. Topics of discussion will include:

-Introductions all-around, so the players can introduce themselves and get to know one another pre-campaign

-Discussion of characters, to ensure that there is a good balance of classes (this is also when you'd reveal your secret option if you decide to choose it)

-A bit more information about the setting, going into more detail about the land of Quartshire

-A dice app test, to see if everyone is able to use it (it is important that everybody has some means to determine dice rolls, though there may be a workaround)

-A live Q&A, so if you have any further questions, I can help out

As it is imperative that everybody attend this chat, we will all need to agree on a suitable time for it, especially since many of us live on opposite sides of the globe. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you! Smile

#DungeonWave

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum